Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

On 9/30/2013 9:21 PM, Ellen K. wrote:
> Hard to tell who said what, my message was intended for the person who
> said "Not even "egg tacos"? a.k.a. omelets?"

That was me.
"Egg tacos" are omelets folded in half, the way many SoCa restaurants
serve them: they then look like tacos.

> > wrote in message
>> On 9/29/2013 12:46 PM, Ellen K. wrote:
>>> Including tortillas in a meal does not make the meal tacos.
>>>

>> You are right, but why are you telling me?
>> Did I say including tortillas in a meal makes the meal tacos?

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Well, that's a new one for me. Do the restaurants call them "egg tacos" on
the menu?

And this is closing in on another multi-lingual play on words, IIRC in Spain
a "tortilla" is what Americans call an omelet, not the flat grain item it is
in Mexican Spanish.

> wrote in message
> On 9/30/2013 9:21 PM, Ellen K. wrote:
>> Hard to tell who said what, my message was intended for the person who
>> said "Not even "egg tacos"? a.k.a. omelets?"
>>

> That was me.
> "Egg tacos" are omelets folded in half, the way many SoCa restaurants
> serve them: they then look like tacos.
>

>> > wrote in message
>>>>

>>> You are right, but why are you telling me?
>>> Did I say including tortillas in a meal makes the meal tacos?

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Ellen K. wrote:

> Well, that's a new one for me. Do the restaurants call them "egg tacos"
> on the menu?
>
> And this is closing in on another multi-lingual play on words, IIRC in
> Spain a "tortilla" is what Americans call an omelet, not the flat grain
> item it is
> in Mexican Spanish.

Tortilla Español - much like Omelette paysanne, an omelet with a filling of
bits of boiled potatoes. (oh, thread mixup ...)

I was served a delicious home-made one in Madrid, (mumble) years ago.

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On 10/1/2013 10:33 PM, Ellen K. wrote:
> Well, that's a new one for me. Do the restaurants call them "egg tacos"
> on the menu?

No, they just look like tacos with the egg replacing the tortilla

> And this is closing in on another multi-lingual play on words, IIRC in
> Spain a "tortilla" is what Americans call an omelet, not the flat grain
> item it is in Mexican Spanish.
>
> > wrote in message
>> On 9/30/2013 9:21 PM, Ellen K. wrote:
>>> Hard to tell who said what, my message was intended for the person who
>>> said "Not even "egg tacos"? a.k.a. omelets?"
>>>

>> That was me.
>> "Egg tacos" are omelets folded in half, the way many SoCa restaurants
>> serve them: they then look like tacos.

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Bjørn Steensrud drukte met precisie uit :
> Ellen K. wrote:
>
>> Well, that's a new one for me. Do the restaurants call them "egg tacos"
>> on the menu?
>>
>> And this is closing in on another multi-lingual play on words, IIRC in
>> Spain a "tortilla" is what Americans call an omelet, not the flat grain
>> item it is
>> in Mexican Spanish.

> Tortilla Español - much like Omelette paysanne, an omelet with a filling of
> bits of boiled potatoes. (oh, thread mixup ...)

And bits of anything like bacon, tomato, parsley, etc.

> I was served a delicious home-made one in Madrid, (mumble) years ago.

ROFL

M.

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 18:58:22 -0700, wrote:

>On 9/30/2013 9:21 PM, Ellen K. wrote:
>> Hard to tell who said what, my message was intended for the person who
>> said "Not even "egg tacos"? a.k.a. omelets?"
>>

>That was me.
>"Egg tacos" are omelets folded in half, the way many SoCa restaurants
>serve them: they then look like tacos.

Just because you think they look like tacos does not make them tacos.

>> > wrote in message
>>>>

>>> You are right, but why are you telling me?
>>> Did I say including tortillas in a meal makes the meal tacos?

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 13:54:25 +0200, Bjørn Steensrud
> wrote:

>Ellen K. wrote:
>
>> Well, that's a new one for me. Do the restaurants call them "egg tacos"
>> on the menu?
>>
>> And this is closing in on another multi-lingual play on words, IIRC in
>> Spain a "tortilla" is what Americans call an omelet, not the flat grain
>> item it is
>> in Mexican Spanish.

>Tortilla Español - much like Omelette paysanne, an omelet with a filling of
>bits of boiled potatoes. (oh, thread mixup ...)
>
>I was served a delicious home-made one in Madrid, (mumble) years ago.

Go he
http://www.ihop.com/menus/main-menu
to see what an omelet looks like.

Go he
https://www.google.com/search?q=brea...&bih=943&dpr=1
to see what a breakfast taco looks like.

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On 10/3/2013 12:54 AM, I Don't Know wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 18:58:22 -0700, wrote:
>
>> On 9/30/2013 9:21 PM, Ellen K. wrote:
>>> Hard to tell who said what, my message was intended for the person who
>>> said "Not even "egg tacos"? a.k.a. omelets?"
>>>

>> That was me.
>> "Egg tacos" are omelets folded in half, the way many SoCa restaurants
>> serve them: they then look like tacos.
>>

> Just because you think they look like tacos does not make them tacos.

Not when you can't think outside of the box you're in, especially when
it's an itty–bitty one.

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On 10/3/2013 12:59 AM, I Don't Know wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 13:54:25 +0200, Bjørn Steensrud
> > wrote:
>
>> Ellen K. wrote:
>>
>>> Well, that's a new one for me. Do the restaurants call them "egg tacos"
>>> on the menu?
>>>
>>> And this is closing in on another multi-lingual play on words, IIRC in
>>> Spain a "tortilla" is what Americans call an omelet, not the flat grain
>>> item it is
>>> in Mexican Spanish.

>> Tortilla Español - much like Omelette paysanne, an omelet with a filling of
>> bits of boiled potatoes. (oh, thread mixup ...)
>>
>> I was served a delicious home-made one in Madrid, (mumble) years ago.

> Go he
> http://www.ihop.com/menus/main-menu
> to see what an omelet looks like.
>
> Go he
> https://www.google.com/search?q=brea...&bih=943&dpr=1
> to see what a breakfast taco looks like.

You are adding a whole new dimension to the idiom "one-track mind".
Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On 10/3/2013 12:59 AM, I Don't Know wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 13:54:25 +0200, Bjørn Steensrud
> > wrote:
>
>> Ellen K. wrote:
>>
>>> Well, that's a new one for me. Do the restaurants call them "egg tacos"
>>> on the menu?
>>>
>>> And this is closing in on another multi-lingual play on words, IIRC in
>>> Spain a "tortilla" is what Americans call an omelet, not the flat grain
>>> item it is
>>> in Mexican Spanish.

>> Tortilla Español - much like Omelette paysanne, an omelet with a filling of
>> bits of boiled potatoes. (oh, thread mixup ...)
>>
>> I was served a delicious home-made one in Madrid, (mumble) years ago.

> Go he
> http://www.ihop.com/menus/main-menu
> to see what an omelet looks like.
>
> Go he
> https://www.google.com/search?q=brea...&bih=943&dpr=1
> to see what a breakfast taco looks like.

Apples and oranges.
To see what an omelet looks like, the *proper* link would be this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=brea...let &tbm=isch

Whether you like it or not: omelets *ARE* egg tacos. Very low carb tacos
at that.

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 06:18:08 -0700, Don Roberto
> wrote:

>On 10/3/2013 12:54 AM, I Don't Know wrote:

>>> That was me.
>>> "Egg tacos" are omelets folded in half, the way many SoCa restaurants
>>> serve them: they then look like tacos.
>>>

>> Just because you think they look like tacos does not make them tacos.
>>

>Not when you can't think outside of the box you're in, especially when
>it's an itty–bitty one.

Making up your own definitions and using words incorrectly is not
thinking outside the box. It's a level of insanity shared with the
insulinitis nutcase.

Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On 10/4/2013 7:44 PM, I Don't Know wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 06:18:08 -0700, Don Roberto
> > wrote:

>>> Just because you think they look like tacos does not make them tacos.
>>>

>> Not when you can't think outside of the box you're in, especially when
>> it's an itty–bitty one.

> Making up your own definitions and using words incorrectly is not
> thinking outside the box.

Being a person incapable of thinking outside of the itty-bitty box
you're in - how would you know?

It's a level of insanity shared with the
> insulinitis nutcase.

Talking about nutcases: isn't it time to change your name again?
Not that there is anything wrong with your current one: if fact, it's
dead on.

Banned

Default Cereal for the breakfast.!

Breakfast is considered as a first meal of the day. Don't skip breakfast it is very important to improve health.There are many different kinds of cereal including cheerios, cocoa puffs, honey bunches of oats, fiber one, lucky charms, cookie crisp, fruity pebbles and fruit loops. These are best cereals to eat for breakfast.
Tacoma personal trainer

Last edited by David Sharad : 05-10-2013 at 03:10 PM
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

David Sharad > wrote:

: Breakfast is considered as a first meal of the day. Don't skip breakfast
: it is very important to improve health.There are many different kinds of
: cereal including cheerios, cocoa puffs, honey bunches of oats, fiber
: one, lucky charms, cookie crisp, fruity pebbles and fruit loops. These
: are best cereals to eat for breakfast.
: 'Tacoma personal trainer' (http://www.isaacbefitlife.com/)

For a diabetic? All those extra sugar sweetened cereals are the BEST?
cereals for a DIABETIC to eat? I somehow don't think so.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/05/2013 07:03 AM, David Sharad wrote:
>>
>> Breakfast is considered as a first meal of the day. Don't skip breakfast
>> it is very important to improve health.There are many different kinds of
>> cereal including cheerios, cocoa puffs, honey bunches of oats, fiber
>> one, lucky charms, cookie crisp, fruity pebbles and fruit loops. These
>> are best cereals to eat for breakfast.
>> 'Tacoma personal trainer' (http://www.isaacbefitlife.com/)

> David!
>
> This is a * Diabetic group *. If you eat this garbage for
> any meal you will be a Diabetic too.

That is absolutely untrue. Why would you say something like that?

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/05/2013 07:03 AM, David Sharad wrote:
>>
>> Breakfast is considered as a first meal of the day. Don't skip breakfast
>> it is very important to improve health.There are many different kinds of
>> cereal including cheerios, cocoa puffs, honey bunches of oats, fiber
>> one, lucky charms, cookie crisp, fruity pebbles and fruit loops. These
>> are best cereals to eat for breakfast.
>> 'Tacoma personal trainer' (http://www.isaacbefitlife.com/)

> David!
>
> This is a * Diabetic group *. If you eat this garbage for
> any meal you will be a Diabetic too. If you are diabetic
> already, and eat this trash, start researching prosthetic
> limbs, dialysis, heart disease, kidney failure.
>
> No diabetic should eat ANY GRAIN. And you should get your
> fiber from the plants you eat. You should only eat
> natural/organic meat and plants that have not been hybridized
> for high carbs.
>
> And, if you don't want diabetes, eat like us. And DUDE,
> learn to cook!

Eating cereal doesn't cause diabetes!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message

>> This is a * Diabetic group *. If you eat this garbage for
>> any meal you will be a Diabetic too.

> That is absolutely untrue. Why would you say something like that?

Indeed!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/05/2013 02:47 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> David!
>>>
>>> This is a * Diabetic group *. If you eat this garbage for
>>> any meal you will be a Diabetic too.

>> That is absolutely untrue. Why would you say something like that?
>>
>> Cheri

> Hi Cheri,
>
> That is how I caught Diabetes. I loved my pasta (like eating
> a bag of sugar). I burned myself out -- two allopaths confirmed
> that suspicion. Humans never, and I mean never, ate grains
> or so many carbs before they discovered beer.

Nonsense! You don't *catch* diabetes and you don't get it from what you
eat.

> And I would say something like that because I "do" think it is
> true and thought it would help someone else.

You might think that it true but that doesn't make it true.

> If you are still eating grains, you need to consider weening
> yourself off them. Based on the recipes and tips you have given
> me, you are a really good cook. Why would you want to consume
> that poison?

What a bunch of hooey!

> I am finding (anecdotally) that those T2's with all the
> problems are the ones that constantly try to find ways around
> the low carb diet. "Oh I don't follow the restrictions.
> I just use insulin." "Apples are free. I eat as many as
> I want." (And, my favorite, "I am on the kidney transplant
> list".)

That's certainly not true either. Many of us had complications upon
diagnosis. And I know diabetics who eat low carb who also have
complictions. I use insulin. I can not eat anything I want. I can't do
that ever! And if you think that your favorite thing is a kidney
transplant, then you are really sick! My friend had a kidney transplant and
grains didn't cause it. In fact she wasn't even diabetic!

> By the way, I suspect, the government 375 grams of carbs
> a day recommendation, should really be 100 for T0's
> and definitely 60 for T2's. And I really want all my
> friends (okay, eFriends) on this group to stick around as
> long as I do. Or, you all run the risk of me digging you
> up and asking "How much garlic on those ...?"

What a bunch of nonsense.

> 11 days drug free!

And that is something to brag about?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 20:51:36 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Todd" > wrote in message

>>> That is absolutely untrue. Why would you say something like that?
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Hi Cheri,
>>
>> That is how I caught Diabetes. I loved my pasta (like eating
>> a bag of sugar). I burned myself out -- two allopaths confirmed
>> that suspicion. Humans never, and I mean never, ate grains
>> or so many carbs before they discovered beer.

>Nonsense! You don't *catch* diabetes and you don't get it from what you
>eat.
>>
>> And I would say something like that because I "do" think it is
>> true and thought it would help someone else.

>You might think that it true but that doesn't make it true.
>>
>> If you are still eating grains, you need to consider weening
>> yourself off them. Based on the recipes and tips you have given
>> me, you are a really good cook. Why would you want to consume
>> that poison?

>What a bunch of hooey!
>>
>> I am finding (anecdotally) that those T2's with all the
>> problems are the ones that constantly try to find ways around
>> the low carb diet. "Oh I don't follow the restrictions.
>> I just use insulin." "Apples are free. I eat as many as
>> I want." (And, my favorite, "I am on the kidney transplant
>> list".)

>That's certainly not true either. Many of us had complications upon
>diagnosis. And I know diabetics who eat low carb who also have
>complictions. I use insulin. I can not eat anything I want. I can't do
>that ever! And if you think that your favorite thing is a kidney
>transplant, then you are really sick! My friend had a kidney transplant and
>grains didn't cause it. In fact she wasn't even diabetic!
>>
>> By the way, I suspect, the government 375 grams of carbs
>> a day recommendation, should really be 100 for T0's
>> and definitely 60 for T2's. And I really want all my
>> friends (okay, eFriends) on this group to stick around as
>> long as I do. Or, you all run the risk of me digging you
>> up and asking "How much garlic on those ...?"

>What a bunch of nonsense.
>>
>> 11 days drug free!

>And that is something to brag about?

I think Julie is right on this one. You don't catch diabetes. Many
things factor into it. Diet may push things along, but it is not the
sole cause of it. I know many diabetics and none of them have been
told to eat 375 g of carbohydrates daily. I'm not sure where you came
up with that number, Todd, but it just isn't accurate. That would be
25 servings of carbs. I don't think anyone eats that much. Just so
you know, all vegetables have carbs in them too.

I have T2, eat grain still and control my glucose levels with diet,
and it is working. I'm glad you have been able to go off the meds,
but I hope it was done safely.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/05/2013 02:47 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> David!
>>>
>>> This is a * Diabetic group *. If you eat this garbage for
>>> any meal you will be a Diabetic too.

>> That is absolutely untrue. Why would you say something like that?
>>
>> Cheri

> Hi Cheri,
>
> That is how I caught Diabetes. I loved my pasta (like eating
> a bag of sugar). I burned myself out -- two allopaths confirmed
> that suspicion. Humans never, and I mean never, ate grains
> or so many carbs before they discovered beer.

You don't "catch" diabetes.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/05/2013 09:22 PM, Karen wrote:
>
> Hi Karen,
>
> I can't see what Julie writes as she is kill filed.
> She likes to pick fights. And I see she is still at it.

You'd be wrong there. I just don't like lies.

>> You don't catch diabetes. Many
>> things factor into it. Diet may push things along, but it is not the
>> sole cause of it.

> You don't catch T2 Diabetes like a cold. You just wear your
> body out. My GP spent about 1/2 hours telling me about how
> our bodies are designed with about 5 times margin and that
> our modern diet is at or exceeds it. I was exceeding it
> and it caught up with me. Some folks are better off genetic
> wise.

The body doesn't wear out with diabetes. And whatever he or she spent a
half an hour telling you, didn't make any sense...at least in you retelling
it to us.

>> I know many diabetics and none of them have been
>> told to eat 375 g of carbohydrates daily.

> Neither do I. I wasn't talking about Diabetics. I was
> talking about the general population.

And if that's what they are eating, they are likely fine with that. But is
that what they are eating? I don't know. I ate a lot of carbs prior to
diabetes and I don't think I ate that much!

>> I'm not sure where you came
>> up with that number, Todd, but it just isn't accurate.

> Grab a box of something that has nutritional information on it.
> You will see under carbs a "% Daily Values (DV)".
> Here is one: http://products.usa.fage.eu/fruyo-0-blueberry-6-oz
> There is a button to see full nutritional information:
>
> Nutritional information per serving * % Daily Values (DV)
> Total carbohydrates 21g 7%
>
> 21g /.07 = 300. (I have seen the 375 on other packages)
> And you are correct. That is A LOT of yogurt.

Just because it says something on a package, doesn't mean that is what
people eat. I never ate as many calories as the average person eats, as an
adult. And 21g of carbs for a sweetened yogurt is not a lot of yogurt. At
least I don't think so. I've never eaten yogurt beyond a taste to tell me
that I didn't like it. People also don't eat just yogurt.

>> That would be
>> 25 servings of carbs. I don't think anyone eats that much.

> I ate a lot of pasta.
> http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...d-pasta/5757/2
> 2 oz is 14 grams. I must have ate a pound worth at a sitting
> (112 grams). Not to mention the sauce. And bread and corn and
> rice and potatoes and yams and sweet potatoes, yada, yada, yada.
> I did it to my self.

Perhaps you did. I ate pasta. Certainly never a pound of it at a sitting.
Rarely ate bread of corn. Ate some rice, some potatoes, never sweet
potatoes, but ate a lot of beans. Just because you ate those things doesn't
mean that the food gave you diabetes. If that were true, most everyone
would have it. And people who ate low carb would not.

> Usually I find the ones who call me nuts on this are the
> one that don't want to follow the restrictions. The satiation
> switch that goes off in our brains with carbs is extremely addictive.
> We were NEVER designed to consume such levels of carbs. Get
> use to your artificial legs. On the bright slide, you can wear
> any shoe you want and they don't hurt.

That might be true for you. I have learned that some people are carb
addicts and some are not. I am not. I also believe there is no one diet
that fits all.

You also seem to jump to the wrong conclusions very easily. And I don't
think for an instant that you can prove that the body was not designed to
eat that many carbs.

> And for those that say we are evolving for it,
> 1) we catch T2 after we reproduce and 2) any genetic mutation
> to eat high carbs is being "diluted" as we are not dying till
> after we reproduce.

Uh... Whatever that means!

>> Just so
>> you know, all vegetables have carbs in them too.

> That is why I say all over the place natural/organic meat
> and that are not hybridized for carbs.

What does that even mean?

>> I have T2, eat grain still and control my glucose levels with diet,
>> and it is working.

> I am tickled that it is working. How long did
> it take you to get to drug free?

That's a very rude thing to say. And being drug free is not really
something to Lord over someone. People need meds for various reasons and
just because you don't doesn't make you any better than them. Nor does it
make them weak or in any way inferior to you!

> Here is an article to consider on why grains are
> unhealthy from Mr. Paleo himself, Mark Sisson who
> has been a diabetic since he was a kid:
>
> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-g...are-unhealthy/
>
> By the way, for those that argue about what is and what isn't
> Paloe, I consider whatever we ate before beer to be Paleo.

You really seem to be sold on this guy and I just can't fathom why. Ornish
probably has just as many followers. And he promotes eating whole grains
among other things.

>> I'm glad you have been able to go off the meds,
>> but I hope it was done safely.

> Thank you for the kind words.
>
> Good Advice, I am watching my meter like a hawk. And several
> times a day too. So far, I am a fraction better than on
> Metformin. And the side effects are going away.
> I am stronger and a lot happier. (Metformin causes
> depression, among other things.)

It might have caused depression for you. I take it and know plenty of
others who do. None of us are depressed.

> By the way, I am drug free, but not medicine free.
> I use a lot of tradition medicine (herbs, etc.).
> Anyone let me know if they want to know the
> traditional medicines I use.

*sigh* You seem not to know what a drug is. Red Rice Yeast is a
traditional medicine and yet it is a statin.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message

> Good Advice, I am watching my meter like a hawk. And several
> times a day too. So far, I am a fraction better than on
> Metformin. And the side effects are going away.
> I am stronger and a lot happier. (Metformin causes
> depression, among other things.)
>
> By the way, I am drug free, but not medicine free.
> I use a lot of tradition medicine (herbs, etc.).
> Anyone let me know if they want to know the
> traditional medicines I use.
>
> -T

You're starting to sound a tad bit like Iron Justice...a well known fanatic
in the groups.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>
>> Good Advice, I am watching my meter like a hawk. And several
>> times a day too. So far, I am a fraction better than on
>> Metformin. And the side effects are going away.
>> I am stronger and a lot happier. (Metformin causes
>> depression, among other things.)
>>
>> By the way, I am drug free, but not medicine free.
>> I use a lot of tradition medicine (herbs, etc.).
>> Anyone let me know if they want to know the
>> traditional medicines I use.
>>
>> -T

> You're starting to sound a tad bit like Iron Justice...a well known
> fanatic in the groups.

He is. And also way off base.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Todd" > wrote in message

>>> That is absolutely untrue. Why would you say something like that?
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Hi Cheri,
>>
>> That is how I caught Diabetes. I loved my pasta (like eating
>> a bag of sugar). I burned myself out -- two allopaths confirmed
>> that suspicion. Humans never, and I mean never, ate grains
>> or so many carbs before they discovered beer.

> You don't "catch" diabetes.

I guess he should go tell all those Italians that they have diabetes. Oh
and the Chinese too, since that is where pasta originated. Jinxy! I'll bet
they are all passing it back and forth and don't even know it!

Actually, my husband is Italian as of course are all of his relatives. And
out of all of them, AFAIK, there was only one diabetic. I believe he was
diagnosed with type 2 once elderly. And I never saw him eat any pasta. We
were frequently at their house at meal time. He was a bartender and walked
to work. And because of his shift, they always ate their main meal around
2-3:00 p.m. And it was always the same thing, time after time. Eggs and
peppers. Italianelle peppers, fried with some garlic and scrambled eggs.
Frequently eaten with Italian bread although if he did eat the bread, I only
ever saw him eat one piece. His BIL had a garden and during the summer they
would often have additional vegetables along with this but the eggs and
peppers were the main thing that they ate. They also sometimes had fruit
but again if he ate any of that, it was just a small piece. Like a sliver of
melon. Always drank diet Coke.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message ...

By the way, I am drug free, but not medicine free.
I use a lot of tradition medicine (herbs, etc.).
Anyone let me know if they want to know the
traditional medicines I use.

-T

----------------------------

Nick Cramer who posts here from time to time has a Thai wife who uses
certain herbs in her cooking that lower Nick's bg's.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 22:58:14 -0700
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

> >> Hi Cheri,
> >>
> >> That is how I caught Diabetes. I loved my pasta (like eating
> >> a bag of sugar). I burned myself out -- two allopaths confirmed
> >> that suspicion. Humans never, and I mean never, ate grains
> >> or so many carbs before they discovered beer.

> > You don't "catch" diabetes.

> I guess he should go tell all those Italians that they have
> diabetes. Oh and the Chinese too, since that is where pasta
> originated. Jinxy! I'll bet they are all passing it back and forth
> and don't even know it!
>
> Actually, my husband is Italian as of course are all of his
> relatives. And out of all of them, AFAIK, there was only one
> diabetic. I believe he was diagnosed with type 2 once elderly. And
> I never saw him eat any pasta. We were frequently at their house at
> meal time. He was a bartender and walked to work. And because of
> his shift, they always ate their main meal around 2-3:00 p.m. And it
> was always the same thing, time after time. Eggs and peppers.
> Italianelle peppers, fried with some garlic and scrambled eggs.
> Frequently eaten with Italian bread although if he did eat the bread,
> I only ever saw him eat one piece. His BIL had a garden and during
> the summer they would often have additional vegetables along with
> this but the eggs and peppers were the main thing that they ate.
> They also sometimes had fruit but again if he ate any of that, it was
> just a small piece. Like a sliver of melon. Always drank diet Coke.

Sounds to me like he was type II his whole life. He kept it under
control with diet and exercise. Late in life his habits changed,
and he was diagnosed.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 22:14:12 -0700
Todd > wrote:

> Here is an article to consider on why grains are
> unhealthy from Mr. Paleo himself, Mark Sisson who
> has been a diabetic since he was a kid:
>
> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-g...are-unhealthy/
>
> By the way, for those that argue about what is and what isn't
> Paloe, I consider whatever we ate before beer to be Paleo.

Yes, but what did we eat before beer? Was it fruit or fish?

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/05/2013 10:43 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Good Advice, I am watching my meter like a hawk. And several
>>> times a day too. So far, I am a fraction better than on
>>> Metformin. And the side effects are going away.
>>> I am stronger and a lot happier. (Metformin causes
>>> depression, among other things.)
>>>
>>> By the way, I am drug free, but not medicine free.
>>> I use a lot of tradition medicine (herbs, etc.).
>>> Anyone let me know if they want to know the
>>> traditional medicines I use.
>>>
>>> -T

>> You're starting to sound a tad bit like Iron Justice...a well known
>> fanatic in the groups.
>>
>> Cheri

> Hi Cheri,
>
> How so? Because I use Traditional Medicine?
> I can reference randomized double blind studies,
> in other words, the scientific method, on the stuff
> I use. Is that "fanatical"?
>
> Am I being otherwise ill mannered or offensive
> in any way?
>
> -T

Anybody can cite studies, but when you make sweeping (the sky is falling)
statements that really aren't true for a whole lot of people who eat grains
etc., it starts to sound fanatical. You don't have to be "ill mannered or
offensive" to be perceived as a bit kooky either. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 22:14:12 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, Todd
> wrote:

>On 10/05/2013 09:22 PM, Karen wrote:
>
>Hi Karen,
>
>I can't see what Julie writes as she is kill filed.
>She likes to pick fights. And I see she is still at it.
>
>> You don't catch diabetes. Many
>> things factor into it. Diet may push things along, but it is not the
>> sole cause of it.

>You don't catch T2 Diabetes like a cold. You just wear your
>body out. My GP spent about 1/2 hours telling me about how
>our bodies are designed with about 5 times margin and that
>our modern diet is at or exceeds it. I was exceeding it
>and it caught up with me. Some folks are better off genetic
>wise.
>

>> I know many diabetics and none of them have been
>> told to eat 375 g of carbohydrates daily.

There is a big difference between what the USDA has put on labels and
what doctors and registered dieticians actually recommend. The USDA
recommendations on the packages are not suggested for diabetic
patients. Also, that number is based on a 2000 calorie a day diet.
Most of the diabetics I know were told to eat 30-45 g carbs per meal.
My dad who is a large man was told 45-60. At most that is 180 per day
(I know, still a lot) but the point being still less than half the
375 you are saying diabetics are told to eat.

>Neither do I. I wasn't talking about Diabetics. I was
>talking about the general population.

>> I'm not sure where you came
>> up with that number, Todd, but it just isn't accurate.

>Grab a box of something that has nutritional information on it.
>You will see under carbs a "% Daily Values (DV)".
>Here is one: http://products.usa.fage.eu/fruyo-0-blueberry-6-oz
>There is a button to see full nutritional information:
>
>Nutritional information per serving * % Daily Values (DV)
>Total carbohydrates 21g 7%
>
>21g /.07 = 300. (I have seen the 375 on other packages)
>And you are correct. That is A LOT of yogurt.
>

>> That would be
>> 25 servings of carbs. I don't think anyone eats that much.

>I ate a lot of pasta.
>http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...d-pasta/5757/2
>2 oz is 14 grams. I must have ate a pound worth at a sitting
>(112 grams). Not to mention the sauce. And bread and corn and
>rice and potatoes and yams and sweet potatoes, yada, yada, yada.
>I did it to my self.
>
>Usually I find the ones who call me nuts on this are the
>one that don't want to follow the restrictions. The satiation
>switch that goes off in our brains with carbs is extremely addictive.
>We were NEVER designed to consume such levels of carbs. Get
>use to your artificial legs. On the bright slide, you can wear
>any shoe you want and they don't hurt.
>
>And for those that say we are evolving for it,
>1) we catch T2 after we reproduce and 2) any genetic mutation
>to eat high carbs is being "diluted" as we are not dying till
>after we reproduce.
>
>> Just so
>> you know, all vegetables have carbs in them too.

>That is why I say all over the place natural/organic meat
>and that are not hybridized for carbs.
>

>> I have T2, eat grain still and control my glucose levels with diet,
>> and it is working.

>I am tickled that it is working. How long did
>it take you to get to drug free?
>
>Here is an article to consider on why grains are
>unhealthy from Mr. Paleo himself, Mark Sisson who
>has been a diabetic since he was a kid:
>
>http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-g...are-unhealthy/
>
>By the way, for those that argue about what is and what isn't
>Paloe, I consider whatever we ate before beer to be Paleo.
>
>> I'm glad you have been able to go off the meds,
>> but I hope it was done safely.

>Thank you for the kind words.
>
>Good Advice, I am watching my meter like a hawk. And several
>times a day too. So far, I am a fraction better than on
>Metformin. And the side effects are going away.
>I am stronger and a lot happier. (Metformin causes
>depression, among other things.)
>
>By the way, I am drug free, but not medicine free.
>I use a lot of tradition medicine (herbs, etc.).
>Anyone let me know if they want to know the
>traditional medicines I use.
>
>-T

I'm not trying to be argumentive, but you are spreading
misinformation. I fully expect you will put me in your killfile
rather than discuss the issue.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/06/2013 08:15 AM, Karen wrote:
> There is a big difference between what the USDA has put on labels and
> what doctors and registered dieticians actually recommend. The USDA
> recommendations on the packages are not suggested for diabetic
> patients. Also, that number is based on a 2000 calorie a day diet.
> Most of the diabetics I know were told to eat 30-45 g carbs per meal.
> My dad who is a large man was told 45-60. At most that is 180 per day
> (I know, still a lot) but the point being still less than half the
> 375 you are saying diabetics are told to eat.

When did I say that? See the next quote below. 45-60 makes
a lot of sense. Why in the world would you think I was
recommending 375? That is insane for anyone. That was
my criticism.

>> >Neither do I. I wasn't talking about Diabetics. I was
>> >talking about the general population.

And I was talking about the USDA's recommendation, which
I think are wrong by the way.

> I'm not trying to be argumentive, but you are spreading
> misinformation. I fully expect you will put me in your killfile
> rather than discuss the issue.

Hi Karen,

I think we are talking at cross purposes here. I think
we are getting T2 and T0 crossed. And USDA vs rational
crossed as well.

And I don't think T0's should eat that 375 a day either.
I think 100 is probably a better number. And I
think 60, as I was told, is the better number for T2's.

Discuss away. No problem as long as everyone stays friends.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Trawley Trash" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 22:58:14 -0700
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>> > You don't "catch" diabetes.

>> I guess he should go tell all those Italians that they have
>> diabetes. Oh and the Chinese too, since that is where pasta
>> originated. Jinxy! I'll bet they are all passing it back and forth
>> and don't even know it!
>>
>> Actually, my husband is Italian as of course are all of his
>> relatives. And out of all of them, AFAIK, there was only one
>> diabetic. I believe he was diagnosed with type 2 once elderly. And
>> I never saw him eat any pasta. We were frequently at their house at
>> meal time. He was a bartender and walked to work. And because of
>> his shift, they always ate their main meal around 2-3:00 p.m. And it
>> was always the same thing, time after time. Eggs and peppers.
>> Italianelle peppers, fried with some garlic and scrambled eggs.
>> Frequently eaten with Italian bread although if he did eat the bread,
>> I only ever saw him eat one piece. His BIL had a garden and during
>> the summer they would often have additional vegetables along with
>> this but the eggs and peppers were the main thing that they ate.
>> They also sometimes had fruit but again if he ate any of that, it was
>> just a small piece. Like a sliver of melon. Always drank diet Coke.
>>

> Sounds to me like he was type II his whole life. He kept it under
> control with diet and exercise. Late in life his habits changed,
> and he was diagnosed.

People don't usually have type 2 for their whole lives.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/06/2013 04:10 AM, Trawley Trash wrote:
>> On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 22:14:12 -0700
>> Todd > wrote:
>>
>>> Here is an article to consider on why grains are
>>> unhealthy from Mr. Paleo himself, Mark Sisson who
>>> has been a diabetic since he was a kid:
>>>
>>> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-g...are-unhealthy/
>>>
>>> By the way, for those that argue about what is and what isn't
>>> Paloe, I consider whatever we ate before beer to be Paleo.

>> Yes, but what did we eat before beer? Was it fruit or fish?
>>

> Hi Trawley,
>
> There was a time before beer? TELL ME IT WASN"T SO! (This
> joke from a guy who doesn't drink.)
>
> Next you will tell me there was a time before
> g - a - r - l - i - c! Nooooooooooo :-)
>
> We ate anything we could get our hands on. And the fruit
> was not deliberately hybridized for high carb. Very unnatural
> in nature.
>
> -T

Fruit is hybridized for better transport and storage. Not carbs.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen" > wrote in message
news
> I'm not trying to be argumentive, but you are spreading
> misinformation. I fully expect you will put me in your killfile
> rather than discuss the issue.

That seems to be his modus operandi. Tell him that he is wrong and you are
picking a fight. I got sick of what he was saying early on and called him
on it. The only reason I didn't KF him is that spreading misinformation
like this could be a bad thing if some newbie sees it and believes it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
: On 10/05/2013 02:47 PM, Cheri wrote:
: > "Todd" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >> On 10/05/2013 07:03 AM, David Sharad wrote:
: >>>
: >>> Breakfast is considered as a first meal of the day. Don't skip breakfast
: >>> it is very important to improve health.There are many different kinds of
: >>> cereal including cheerios, cocoa puffs, honey bunches of oats, fiber
: >>> one, lucky charms, cookie crisp, fruity pebbles and fruit loops. These
: >>> are best cereals to eat for breakfast.
: >>> 'Tacoma personal trainer' (http://www.isaacbefitlife.com/)
: >>
: >>
: >> David!
: >>
: >> This is a * Diabetic group *. If you eat this garbage for
: >> any meal you will be a Diabetic too.
: >
: >
[...]

: 11 days drug free!

: -T

I have hd tye 2 for some 30 yers and et moderate carb, but do include some
grains in my diet. I use high fiber low net carb pitas adn bread in
moderation and have, to date no diabetic comlications. Iwatch all carbs
in my limitations, not especiallu grains.

I hesitate to use terms liek poison for any particular nurtientas , many f
us find we do not have to go as low as you do to maintin decent numbers
adn health with diabetes.

this does not mean I, or any diabetic, can eat grains or carbs freely, but
they are not poison and people who say I can eat as many apples as i want
don't understand the nature of a diabees diet.

Unless you have specific food allergies etc, then no food actuall is
poison.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message ...

On 10/06/2013 08:15 AM, Karen wrote:
> There is a big difference between what the USDA has put on labels and
> what doctors and registered dieticians actually recommend. The USDA
> recommendations on the packages are not suggested for diabetic
> patients. Also, that number is based on a 2000 calorie a day diet.
> Most of the diabetics I know were told to eat 30-45 g carbs per meal.
> My dad who is a large man was told 45-60. At most that is 180 per day
> (I know, still a lot) but the point being still less than half the
> 375 you are saying diabetics are told to eat.

When did I say that? See the next quote below. 45-60 makes
a lot of sense. Why in the world would you think I was
recommending 375? That is insane for anyone. That was
my criticism.

>> >Neither do I. I wasn't talking about Diabetics. I was
>> >talking about the general population.

And I was talking about the USDA's recommendation, which
I think are wrong by the way.

> I'm not trying to be argumentive, but you are spreading
> misinformation. I fully expect you will put me in your killfile
> rather than discuss the issue.

Hi Karen,

I think we are talking at cross purposes here. I think
we are getting T2 and T0 crossed. And USDA vs rational
crossed as well.

And I don't think T0's should eat that 375 a day either.
I think 100 is probably a better number. And I
think 60, as I was told, is the better number for T2's.

Discuss away. No problem as long as everyone stays friends.

-T

---------------------------
I never count per day but rather per meal or snack. Back in the day I
couldn't have handled say 40 gr carb at one time but could if it were
spaced out and only eating per meal what I was capable of eating without
a spike. Having said that I think there could be a daily limit at some
point. Studies have shown that normies will start to see raised
triglycerides for example, when they eat a certain amount of carb per
day. I have seen 75% or more being an average figure. I don't always put
much belief in percentages though. For example, if I am on a low carb
diet making my protein percentage high then that doesn't mean I am
having more protein than RDI. I would imagine that 75% would have more
meaning if the total calorie intake was high rather than on say a 1500
cal diet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Todd" wrote in message ...
>
> On 10/06/2013 08:15 AM, Karen wrote:
>> There is a big difference between what the USDA has put on labels and
>> what doctors and registered dieticians actually recommend. The USDA
>> recommendations on the packages are not suggested for diabetic
>> patients. Also, that number is based on a 2000 calorie a day diet.
>> Most of the diabetics I know were told to eat 30-45 g carbs per meal.
>> My dad who is a large man was told 45-60. At most that is 180 per day
>> (I know, still a lot) but the point being still less than half the
>> 375 you are saying diabetics are told to eat.

> When did I say that? See the next quote below. 45-60 makes
> a lot of sense. Why in the world would you think I was
> recommending 375? That is insane for anyone. That was
> my criticism.

> And I was talking about the USDA's recommendation, which
> I think are wrong by the way.
>
>> I'm not trying to be argumentive, but you are spreading
>> misinformation. I fully expect you will put me in your killfile
>> rather than discuss the issue.

> Hi Karen,
>
> I think we are talking at cross purposes here. I think
> we are getting T2 and T0 crossed. And USDA vs rational
> crossed as well.
>
> And I don't think T0's should eat that 375 a day either.
> I think 100 is probably a better number. And I
> think 60, as I was told, is the better number for T2's.
>
> Discuss away. No problem as long as everyone stays friends.
>
> -T
>
> ---------------------------
> I never count per day but rather per meal or snack. Back in the day I
> couldn't have handled say 40 gr carb at one time but could if it were
> spaced out and only eating per meal what I was capable of eating without a
> spike. Having said that I think there could be a daily limit at some
> point. Studies have shown that normies will start to see raised
> triglycerides for example, when they eat a certain amount of carb per day.
> I have seen 75% or more being an average figure. I don't always put much
> belief in percentages though. For example, if I am on a low carb diet
> making my protein percentage high then that doesn't mean I am having more
> protein than RDI. I would imagine that 75% would have more meaning if the
> total calorie intake was high rather than on say a 1500 cal diet.

I have also seen studies that say that the raised triglycerides are from
excess carbs of a certain nature. Sugar for instance. I think it would be
a tad difficult for a person to eat an excessive amount of a true whole
grain bread or brown rice because such things are filling. Sure, perhaps if
they were poor and couldn't get any more food.

I have seen people eat HUGE amounts of white bread. I worked with a woman
(she was thin) who said she had a problem. Each night she stopped at the
little bread bakery at the end of our building and bought a loaf of white
bread. She then took it home and ate the whole loaf with butter. That
bread could be had for cheap. Very cheap. Especially at the end of the day
like that. She said the only other foods that she kept in the house were
carrots and apples which she ate raw when she could afford them. She said
her goal was to spend no more than $20 per week on groceries. She did eat
some food at work but I never took lunch with her so not sure what that food
was. I only know that she ate because we had been discussing it.

She was clearly the carb addict type. The rest of us took it all in
dumbfounded when she said that she ate the whole loaf of bread every night.
I had been to that bakery many times and I was very happy that they sold
single rolls and tiny loaves of bread in addition to their other stuff.
They also had raw pizza dough. But I don't recall them selling sweet baked
things which could have led to their demise. They weren't there for very
long. I'm not a big bread eater. I like it but it's not a favorite food.
But it was nice for me to be able to buy a roll to eat with my soup or
salad, or to put cheese on for a little sandwich once in a while. That
wasn't what she was buying though. She was buying a big, unsliced loaf.

AFAIK this woman had no physical health issues but she did seem to have
mental ones which is partly why we were discussing her. I won't even get
into all of that here but the last thing I know of, she didn't show up for
work for many days. Then she did some in as though nothing had happened
(she had been fired by then) and told us all that she was Sade, the singer.
The black singer! This woman was white (I think) but she did have a skin
tone that was slightly on the olive side. She also had massively long,
dishwater blonde hair that she always kept pulled back into a tight bun. I
did see her with her hair down once and it was gorgeous! Anyway... On this
day she came into the store with very dark, badly applied pancake makeup on,
sunglasses and dyed black hair, telling us that she was really Sade. I
can't tell you what happened beyond there because she was taken away by the
police. And I was working and couldn't really stick around to witness the
rest of it.

I guess I am rambling off here. I do believe that her diet could have
brought about the mental issues. Studies have linked certain foods (wheat
and/or gluten in particular) to various mental problems. But they are only
a problem for certain people who may perhaps be predisposed. I also know
that some people who are suffering from a mental illness will self medicate.
They often use tobacco or liquor to make themselves feel better. Although I
am not mental ill, I can attest that I felt a heck of a lot better in many
ways when I smoked. There is something very calming about smoking. Feeling
stressed? Take 5 minutes out and have a nice smoke. Just you and the
cigarette and nothing else matters. So it is also possible that some people
self medicate with food. We have seen this happen with people who have an
eating disorder. But often for them, any food will do. I do think it is
possible that some might use a specific food like bread to self medicate in
a way.

I also think that this sort of stuff only applies to some people. For
instance, my mom, daughter and I all have food intolerances. For daughter
and I, the food that sickens us is not food we will willingly eat. Sure we
have accidentally consumed it despite trying not to. We either didn't read
a food label right or a well meaning person prepared it for us, telling us
that it was fine when it was not. Such as them thinking that all margarine
is dairy free. Or that flour doesn't contain wheat.

But not all people are like this. My mom is just the opposite. Not only
does she eat that which makes her sick but often eats large amounts of it.
She says that she can't help it as she craves the stuff. And we just don't
get that. Yeah, I guess I did crave cigarettes and I did for a long time
after I quit. Now I find them rather repulsive but I would never be one of
those hard core ex smoker who belittles other smokers. Live and let live.
And yes I know that smoking is bad for you. I knew it when I smoked. Just
sort of didn't care then. I just don't get the food thing. Why eat
something when you know you will get sick from it?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 13:57:03 -0700
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Trawley Trash" > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 5 Oct 2013 22:58:14 -0700

> >> I guess he should go tell all those Italians that they have
> >> diabetes. Oh and the Chinese too, since that is where pasta
> >> originated. Jinxy! I'll bet they are all passing it back and
> >> forth and don't even know it!
> >>
> >> Actually, my husband is Italian as of course are all of his
> >> relatives. And out of all of them, AFAIK, there was only one
> >> diabetic. I believe he was diagnosed with type 2 once elderly.
> >> And I never saw him eat any pasta. We were frequently at their
> >> house at meal time. He was a bartender and walked to work. And
> >> because of his shift, they always ate their main meal around
> >> 2-3:00 p.m. And it was always the same thing, time after time.
> >> Eggs and peppers. Italianelle peppers, fried with some garlic and
> >> scrambled eggs. Frequently eaten with Italian bread although if he
> >> did eat the bread, I only ever saw him eat one piece. His BIL had
> >> a garden and during the summer they would often have additional
> >> vegetables along with this but the eggs and peppers were the main
> >> thing that they ate. They also sometimes had fruit but again if he
> >> ate any of that, it was just a small piece. Like a sliver of
> >> melon. Always drank diet Coke.
> >>

> > Sounds to me like he was type II his whole life. He kept it under
> > control with diet and exercise. Late in life his habits changed,
> > and he was diagnosed.

> People don't usually have type 2 for their whole lives.

Well, he probably was not diabetic as a child, but as an adult he
zeroed in on a diet that did not make him feel bad. Which happens
to be a good diet for type II.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 12:26:37 -0700
"Cheri" > wrote:

> What I mean to Todd is my dh's immediate family are pretty long
> lived, into late 80's & 90's . Not one of them ever had diabetes.
> They all ate oatmeal, bread, pasta etc., but they didn't/don't overdo
> it. Phil eats a fair amount of carbs but stays fairly slim.

How are they on sugar?

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 13:58:00 -0700
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Todd" > wrote in message
> > On 10/06/2013 04:10 AM, Trawley Trash wrote:

> >> Yes, but what did we eat before beer? Was it fruit or fish?
> >>

> > Hi Trawley,
> >
> > There was a time before beer? TELL ME IT WASN"T SO! (This
> > joke from a guy who doesn't drink.)
> >
> > Next you will tell me there was a time before
> > g - a - r - l - i - c! Nooooooooooo :-)
> >
> > We ate anything we could get our hands on. And the fruit
> > was not deliberately hybridized for high carb. Very unnatural
> > in nature.
> >
> > -T

> Fruit is hybridized for better transport and storage. Not carbs.

And sweetness.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.