Diabetic (alt.food.diabetic) This group is for the discussion of controlled-portion eating plans for the dietary management of diabetes.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-06-2013, 09:13 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default Will lamp rib chops hurt a dog?

Hi All,

I have discovered the smell of Lamb makes me want
to hurl. Guess my tastes have changed with the NIDDM.

Anyway, a customer gave me a package of lamp rib
chops. I don't want to throw them in the trash or
give them back to him and hurt his feeling.

One of my neighbors has a dog. Would (raw) lamb rib
chops hurt his dog?

Many thanks,
-T

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-06-2013, 09:46 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,390
Default Will lamp rib chops hurt a dog?

Todd wrote:
: Hi All,

: I have discovered the smell of Lamb makes me want
: to hurl. Guess my tastes have changed with the NIDDM.

: Anyway, a customer gave me a package of lamp rib
: chops. I don't want to throw them in the trash or
: give them back to him and hurt his feeling.

: One of my neighbors has a dog. Would (raw) lamb rib
: chops hurt his dog?

: Many thanks,
: -T

The meat would be fine, but the bones might be a bit fragile and coul
dhurt the dog, either its mouth or , if it swallows the shards, its
insides. . I used to give our dogs only large beef marrow bones that they
couldn't break but enjoyed greatly.

Wendy
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-06-2013, 06:33 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default Will lamp rib chops hurt a dog?

On 06/26/2013 01:46 PM, W. Baker wrote:
Todd wrote:
: Hi All,

: I have discovered the smell of Lamb makes me want
: to hurl. Guess my tastes have changed with the NIDDM.

: Anyway, a customer gave me a package of lamp rib
: chops. I don't want to throw them in the trash or
: give them back to him and hurt his feeling.

: One of my neighbors has a dog. Would (raw) lamb rib
: chops hurt his dog?

: Many thanks,
: -T

The meat would be fine, but the bones might be a bit fragile and coul
dhurt the dog, either its mouth or , if it swallows the shards, its
insides. . I used to give our dogs only large beef marrow bones that they
couldn't break but enjoyed greatly.

Wendy


Thank you! Dogs are out.
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-06-2013, 04:55 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default Will lamp rib chops hurt a dog?

On 06/26/2013 01:13 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

I have discovered the smell of Lamb makes me want
to hurl. Guess my tastes have changed with the NIDDM.

Anyway, a customer gave me a package of lamp rib
chops. I don't want to throw them in the trash or
give them back to him and hurt his feeling.

One of my neighbors has a dog. Would (raw) lamb rib
chops hurt his dog?

Many thanks,
-T


Hi All,

I just noticed the "lamp" typo. Into everyone's life
a little humility must fall.

I gave the lamB chops to a customer who loves lamB
on Thursday. He gave me a dozen fresh organic eggs
from his chickens. I wonder who made out better?

Oh, he also told me a technique to test for a bad
egg(s): place them in water. If they sink, they are
good. If they float, they are bad.

-T
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-06-2013, 02:33 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,390
Default Will lamp rib chops hurt a dog?

Todd wrote:
: On 06/26/2013 01:13 PM, Todd wrote:
: Hi All,
:
: I have discovered the smell of Lamb makes me want
: to hurl. Guess my tastes have changed with the NIDDM.
:
: Anyway, a customer gave me a package of lamp rib
: chops. I don't want to throw them in the trash or
: give them back to him and hurt his feeling.
:
: One of my neighbors has a dog. Would (raw) lamb rib
: chops hurt his dog?
:
: Many thanks,
: -T

: Hi All,

: I just noticed the "lamp" typo. Into everyone's life
: a little humility must fall.

: I gave the lamB chops to a customer who loves lamB
: on Thursday. He gave me a dozen fresh organic eggs
: from his chickens. I wonder who made out better?

: Oh, he also told me a technique to test for a bad
: egg(s): place them in water. If they sink, they are
: good. If they float, they are bad.

: -T
Unless the water is heavily salted:-)

Wendy


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 30-06-2013, 12:14 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 18
Default Will lamp rib chops hurt a dog?

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:13:23 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

I have discovered the smell of Lamb makes me want
to hurl. Guess my tastes have changed with the NIDDM.

Anyway, a customer gave me a package of lamp rib
chops. I don't want to throw them in the trash or
give them back to him and hurt his feeling.

One of my neighbors has a dog. Would (raw) lamb rib
chops hurt his dog?

Many thanks,
-T



Here's a thought. why not just ask the dog owner if he wants the lamb
for his dog?

Do not feed someone else's pet without permission.

  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 30-06-2013, 03:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default Will lamp rib chops hurt a dog?

On 06/29/2013 04:14 PM, Opple0pćad wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:13:23 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

I have discovered the smell of Lamb makes me want
to hurl. Guess my tastes have changed with the NIDDM.

Anyway, a customer gave me a package of lamp rib
chops. I don't want to throw them in the trash or
give them back to him and hurt his feeling.

One of my neighbors has a dog. Would (raw) lamb rib
chops hurt his dog?

Many thanks,
-T



Here's a thought. why not just ask the dog owner if he wants the lamb
for his dog?

Do not feed someone else's pet without permission.


Hi Opple0pćad,

Absolutely. Never feed a pet without a pet owner's permission.
My intention was to find out if it would hurt my neighbor's dog
before I offered it to the dog's owner. And, reading over my post,
I did not make the entirely clear. Thank you for the heads up.

What eventually transpired was that I gave it to a customer
that actually likes lamb. He gave me a dozen of his fresh
organic eggs in return.

-T




  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 30-06-2013, 04:49 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 18
Default Will lamp rib chops hurt a dog?

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 19:18:27 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 06/29/2013 04:14 PM, Opple0pćad wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:13:23 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

I have discovered the smell of Lamb makes me want
to hurl. Guess my tastes have changed with the NIDDM.

Anyway, a customer gave me a package of lamp rib
chops. I don't want to throw them in the trash or
give them back to him and hurt his feeling.

One of my neighbors has a dog. Would (raw) lamb rib
chops hurt his dog?

Many thanks,
-T



Here's a thought. why not just ask the dog owner if he wants the lamb
for his dog?

Do not feed someone else's pet without permission.


Hi Opple0pćad,

Absolutely. Never feed a pet without a pet owner's permission.
My intention was to find out if it would hurt my neighbor's dog
before I offered it to the dog's owner. And, reading over my post,
I did not make the entirely clear. Thank you for the heads up.


The pet owner is the best person to ask that question.

Not this newsgroup.


What eventually transpired was that I gave it to a customer
that actually likes lamb. He gave me a dozen of his fresh
organic eggs in return.

-T




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lamp Chops is TA$TY (freedom tasties) Kip Wingerz, Always With General Cooking 0 12-02-2015 12:20 AM
Video: Turn an orange into a lamp! [email protected] General Cooking 1 08-09-2014 11:24 PM
Airplane Desk Lamp [email protected] Historic 0 21-05-2009 04:08 AM
green lamp oven? dke3591 General Cooking 11 22-08-2007 09:45 PM
newbie need lamp spice advice Anthony Ewell General Cooking 18 20-07-2004 07:09 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017