Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default spaghetti squash -- how to make palatable?

Hi All,

Spaghetti squash: YYYYYYYYYYUK! Okay, it is fun to play
with your food, but you eventually have to swallow it.

How do I make it palatable? ("Oh, I just pour maple syrup
on it". Mumble, mumble. Thanks a lot!)

Many thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/17/2013 7:12 PM, Todd wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Spaghetti squash: YYYYYYYYYYUK! Okay, it is fun to play
> with your food, but you eventually have to swallow it.
>
> How do I make it palatable? ("Oh, I just pour maple syrup
> on it". Mumble, mumble. Thanks a lot!)
>
> Many thanks,
> -T
><

A bunch of butter and a pile of grated parm. ;-)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> How do I make it palatable? ("Oh, I just pour maple syrup
> on it". Mumble, mumble. Thanks a lot!)

I put spaghetti sauce and cheese on it.

--
May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina
We are but a moment's sunlight, fading in the grass. - The Youngbloods
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 02/17/2013 07:44 PM, Howard S Shubs wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> How do I make it palatable? ("Oh, I just pour maple syrup
>> on it". Mumble, mumble. Thanks a lot!)

> I put spaghetti sauce and cheese on it.

Cool. Thank you.

Do you have a favorite low carb spaghetti sauce?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 02/17/2013 07:04 PM, High Miles wrote:
> On 2/17/2013 7:12 PM, Todd wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Spaghetti squash: YYYYYYYYYYUK! Okay, it is fun to play
>> with your food, but you eventually have to swallow it.
>>
>> How do I make it palatable? ("Oh, I just pour maple syrup
>> on it". Mumble, mumble. Thanks a lot!)
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T
> ><

> A bunch of butter and a pile of grated parm. ;-)

Thank you!

I wonder how that would taste with parm. Tried it
with butter. Ruined the butter.

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/17/2013 9:52 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 02/17/2013 07:04 PM, High Miles wrote:
>> On 2/17/2013 7:12 PM, Todd wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Spaghetti squash: YYYYYYYYYYUK! Okay, it is fun to play
>>> with your food, but you eventually have to swallow it.
>>>
>>> How do I make it palatable? ("Oh, I just pour maple syrup
>>> on it". Mumble, mumble. Thanks a lot!)
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> -T
>> ><

>> A bunch of butter and a pile of grated parm. ;-)

> Thank you!
>
> I wonder how that would taste with parm. Tried it
> with butter. Ruined the butter.
>
> -T
><

:-D

Perhaps you should consider just switching to summer squash eh.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Spaghetti squash: YYYYYYYYYYUK! Okay, it is fun to play
> with your food, but you eventually have to swallow it.
>
> How do I make it palatable? ("Oh, I just pour maple syrup
> on it". Mumble, mumble. Thanks a lot!)
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

I don't think you can. I can't stand the stuff.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 02/17/2013 08:47 PM, High Miles wrote:
> On 2/17/2013 9:52 PM, Todd wrote:

>>> A bunch of butter and a pile of grated parm. ;-)

>> Thank you!
>>
>> I wonder how that would taste with parm. Tried it
>> with butter. Ruined the butter.
>>
>> -T
> ><

> :-D
>
> Perhaps you should consider just switching to summer squash eh.

Good idea. Thank you.

Do you have a favorite?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 02/17/2013 08:48 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Spaghetti squash: YYYYYYYYYYUK! Okay, it is fun to play
>> with your food, but you eventually have to swallow it.
>>
>> How do I make it palatable? ("Oh, I just pour maple syrup
>> on it". Mumble, mumble. Thanks a lot!)
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T

> I don't think you can. I can't stand the stuff.

1+.

Swallow now! Stick out your tongue young lady! I'd
better not find any on the floor! WHAT'S WRONG WITH
THE DOG!?!?

:-)

-T

Hell. It could be tofu.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 02/17/2013 07:44 PM, Howard S Shubs wrote:

> > I put spaghetti sauce and cheese on it.
> >

> Cool. Thank you.
>
> Do you have a favorite low carb spaghetti sauce?

I'm very bad. Hopefully, someone else will have such.

--
May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina
We are but a moment's sunlight, fading in the grass. - The Youngbloods
Those who eat natural foods die of natural causes. - Kperspective

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/17/2013 11:01 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 02/17/2013 08:47 PM, High Miles wrote:

>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> I wonder how that would taste with parm. Tried it
>>> with butter. Ruined the butter.
>>>
>>> -T
>> ><

>> :-D
>>
>> Perhaps you should consider just switching to summer squash eh.

> Good idea. Thank you.
>
> Do you have a favorite?
>
><

Nah
I just grow some with seeds from a squash I liked and hope
for the best.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I have used it just like spaghetti..the trick is to nuke the squash halves
then grate with a fork to make the noodles then let dry out on paper
towel..then pan fry with olive oil and parm at end then put you meat sauce
and more parm over that..its delicious!

but again make sure its dry squash and a thick sauce..watery sauce on this
is gross.

KROM

"Todd" wrote in message ...

Hi All,

Spaghetti squash: YYYYYYYYYYUK! Okay, it is fun to play
with your food, but you eventually have to swallow it.

How do I make it palatable? ("Oh, I just pour maple syrup
on it". Mumble, mumble. Thanks a lot!)

Many thanks,
-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 02/18/2013 10:20 AM, KROM wrote:
> I have used it just like spaghetti..the trick is to nuke the squash
> halves then grate with a fork to make the noodles then let dry out on
> paper towel..then pan fry with olive oil and parm at end then put you
> meat sauce and more parm over that..its delicious!
>
> but again make sure its dry squash and a thick sauce..watery sauce on
> this is gross.
>
> KROM

Thank you!

Spaghetti Squash Pie Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 29 10-10-2010 02:36 PM
Spaghetti Squash Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 16 25-09-2010 10:21 AM
Spaghetti squash kilikini General Cooking 77 31-10-2006 04:06 AM
Spaghetti squash The Bubbo General Cooking 13 21-03-2006 06:07 AM