Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Spaghetti Squash Pie

This is from Kraft Kitchen for October. It sounds good, and could be
adjusted as people choose.

1spaghetti squash (3 lb.)
1/2 lb. ground beef
1 jar (14 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 tsp. Italian seasoning, divided
2 Tbsp. flour
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
3 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Italian* Five Cheese Blend

Make It

HEAT oven to 350ºF.

PIERCE squash with fork several times. Microwave on HIGH 15 min. or until
tender when pierced with knife.

BROWN meat in large skillet; drain. Return to skillet. Stir in spaghetti
sauce and 1/2 tsp. seasoning; bring to boil. Simmer on medium-low heat 5 to
8 min. or until slightly thickened.

CUT squash in half; remove seeds. Scrape squash into large bowl. Add flour;
toss to coat. Add butter, eggs, Parmesan and garlic; mix lightly. Spoon into
10-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray; top with meat sauce, leaving
1/2-inch rim around edge. Top with shredded cheese and remaining seasoning.

BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until squash mixture is heated through and cheese is
lightly browned.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i want an oven, Lee
"Cheri" > wrote in message
> This is from Kraft Kitchen for October. It sounds good, and could be
> adjusted as people choose.
>

> 1spaghetti squash (3 lb.)
> 1/2 lb. ground beef
> 1 jar (14 oz.) spaghetti sauce
> 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, divided
> 2 Tbsp. flour
> 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
> 3 eggs, beaten
> 1/3 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
> 2 cloves garlic, minced
> 1 cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Italian* Five Cheese Blend
>
> Make It
>
> HEAT oven to 350ºF.
>
> PIERCE squash with fork several times. Microwave on HIGH 15 min. or until
> tender when pierced with knife.
>
> BROWN meat in large skillet; drain. Return to skillet. Stir in spaghetti
> sauce and 1/2 tsp. seasoning; bring to boil. Simmer on medium-low heat 5
> to 8 min. or until slightly thickened.
>
> CUT squash in half; remove seeds. Scrape squash into large bowl. Add
> flour; toss to coat. Add butter, eggs, Parmesan and garlic; mix lightly.
> Spoon into 10-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray; top with meat
> sauce, leaving 1/2-inch rim around edge. Top with shredded cheese and
> remaining seasoning.
>
> BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until squash mixture is heated through and cheese is
> lightly browned.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> i am open, if you don't want to post it here email me your list, we are
> taking ideas from everywhere, btw one of the requirements is one story
> only, when we bought this one it was one of the pluses, and no stairs, and
> now that i am over fifty even more important, also going to do tile as
> much as possible where its close to water. i just want throw rugs i can
> pick up and wash, and i will definitely get a replacement roomba and maybe
> even a scuba,
>
> have just started looking at the water heaters, and am also considering
> the little in line heaters for the shower, Lee

Lee, we had Bath Fitters do our bathrooms, even the ceilings over the
shower, and backsplash over the sink. The acrylic is wonderful. No tile
grout to get moldy or discolored. Only thing is that you can't use just
any old cleaning product like you can with tile. We love the convenience
and cleanliness of the acrylic showers.

--
Best Regards,
Evelyn

In the stony fastness of the mountains there is a strange market, where one
may barter the vortex of life for boundless bliss. - Milarepa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

one of the reasons i am leaning away from acrylic is the need for a
specailty cleaner, i had enamel/tile before, used vinigar/bleach only
nothing else, so if i could find one that would use those i would definitely
consider it, thanks, Lee
"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> i am open, if you don't want to post it here email me your list, we are
>> taking ideas from everywhere, btw one of the requirements is one story
>> only, when we bought this one it was one of the pluses, and no stairs,
>> and now that i am over fifty even more important, also going to do tile
>> as much as possible where its close to water. i just want throw rugs i
>> can pick up and wash, and i will definitely get a replacement roomba and
>> maybe even a scuba,
>>
>> have just started looking at the water heaters, and am also considering
>> the little in line heaters for the shower, Lee

> Lee, we had Bath Fitters do our bathrooms, even the ceilings over the
> shower, and backsplash over the sink. The acrylic is wonderful. No
> tile grout to get moldy or discolored. Only thing is that you can't use
> just any old cleaning product like you can with tile. We love the
> convenience and cleanliness of the acrylic showers.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Evelyn
>
> In the stony fastness of the mountains there is a strange market, where
> one may barter the vortex of life for boundless bliss. - Milarepa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Speaking of cleaning, a non-negotiable for me is a real hood over the
cooktop, with the fan vented to the outdoors. I do not know how people live
in houses and apartments with those crummy charcoal recirculating things.
They obviously don't cook like I do! <G>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet" > wrote in message
> Speaking of cleaning, a non-negotiable for me is a real hood over the
> cooktop, with the fan vented to the outdoors. I do not know how people
> live in houses and apartments with those crummy charcoal recirculating
> things. They obviously don't cook like I do! <G>

Absolutely! A proper outside vent with a good fan system is a must!

--
Best Regards,
Evelyn

In the stony fastness of the mountains there is a strange market, where one
may barter the vortex of life for boundless bliss. - Milarepa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> one of the reasons i am leaning away from acrylic is the need for a
> specailty cleaner, i had enamel/tile before, used vinigar/bleach only
> nothing else, so if i could find one that would use those i would
> definitely consider it, thanks, Lee

I looked for the list of products they told me I could use, and the list not
to use. Here it is. I don't know if vinegar is OK, but bleach definitely
is. I was disappointed when I got it that I couldn't use Dow bathroom
cleaner, but we do fine without it. I have a tile shower in one bathroom
and the other two are bath fitter bathrooms. I think the acrylic ones are
easier to keep clean.

************

OK to use for cleaning on Acrylic showers

Soft scrub with bleach
Clorox cleanup
Formula 409 (NOT extra strength)
Glass Plus
Fantastik
Liquid Comet
Mr. Clean
Spic and Span liquid
Windex

DO NOT USE;
(permanent damage to Acrylic shower surfaces!)

No abrasives
No pine cleaners
No Lestoil
No Dow Bathroom Cleaner
No Drano
No Vim Cleaner
No Spray on-Leave on
No Alcohol
No Acetone
No Whitecap
No Shower Shine
No Lysol products
No foaming cleaners

--
Best Regards,
Evelyn

In the stony fastness of the mountains there is a strange market, where one
may barter the vortex of life for boundless bliss. - Milarepa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> Our house is a 4 bedroom, 3 bath ranch built in the late 60's. If you
> ever saw the original bathrooms in this house, with the swirly "modern"
> shaped formica tops and the dated styling and colors, it was just awful.
> Not the kind of thing anyone would want to preserve. I did keep the
> original tile

Well, you might be wrong about that. I love that retro stuff, including the
formica table, chairs, and the avocado green appliances. I don't have them,
but I wish I did. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet" > wrote in message
> Speaking of cleaning, a non-negotiable for me is a real hood over the
> cooktop, with the fan vented to the outdoors. I do not know how people
> live in houses and apartments with those crummy charcoal recirculating
> things. They obviously don't cook like I do! <G>

I have the charcoal thing. It usually isn't a problem. But then I don't do
very much frying.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

totally agree, Lee
"Janet" > wrote in message
> Speaking of cleaning, a non-negotiable for me is a real hood over the
> cooktop, with the fan vented to the outdoors. I do not know how people
> live in houses and apartments with those crummy charcoal recirculating
> things. They obviously don't cook like I do! <G>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thanks have moved this to the house file, one of the things i have worked on
both for health and clutter is using as few chemicals as possible, and i had
it down pretty low, Lee
"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> one of the reasons i am leaning away from acrylic is the need for a
>> specailty cleaner, i had enamel/tile before, used vinigar/bleach only
>> nothing else, so if i could find one that would use those i would
>> definitely consider it, thanks, Lee

> I looked for the list of products they told me I could use, and the list
> not to use. Here it is. I don't know if vinegar is OK, but bleach
> definitely is. I was disappointed when I got it that I couldn't use Dow
> bathroom cleaner, but we do fine without it. I have a tile shower in
> one bathroom and the other two are bath fitter bathrooms. I think the
> acrylic ones are easier to keep clean.
>
> ************
>
> OK to use for cleaning on Acrylic showers
>
> Soft scrub with bleach
> Clorox cleanup
> Formula 409 (NOT extra strength)
> Glass Plus
> Fantastik
> Liquid Comet
> Mr. Clean
> Spic and Span liquid
> Windex
>

> DO NOT USE;
> (permanent damage to Acrylic shower surfaces!)
>
> No abrasives
> No pine cleaners
> No Lestoil
> No Dow Bathroom Cleaner
> No Drano
> No Vim Cleaner
> No Spray on-Leave on
> No Alcohol
> No Acetone
> No Whitecap
> No Shower Shine
> No Lysol products
> No foaming cleaners
>

> --
> Best Regards,
> Evelyn
>
> In the stony fastness of the mountains there is a strange market, where
> one may barter the vortex of life for boundless bliss. - Milarepa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

wwwaaaahhhhh!!!!! my stove/rangehood, was that stuff, avacado green, all el.
buttons for stove top in the range hood, i don't think i will ever find
another one that safe for me to operate, not that i operated it often, as DH
does most of the cooking, Lee
"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>

>> Our house is a 4 bedroom, 3 bath ranch built in the late 60's. If you
>> ever saw the original bathrooms in this house, with the swirly "modern"
>> shaped formica tops and the dated styling and colors, it was just awful.
>> Not the kind of thing anyone would want to preserve. I did keep the
>> original tile

> Well, you might be wrong about that. I love that retro stuff, including
> the formica table, chairs, and the avocado green appliances. I don't have
> them, but I wish I did. :-)
>
> Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>

>> Our house is a 4 bedroom, 3 bath ranch built in the late 60's. If you
>> ever saw the original bathrooms in this house, with the swirly "modern"
>> shaped formica tops and the dated styling and colors, it was just awful.
>> Not the kind of thing anyone would want to preserve. I did keep the
>> original tile

> Well, you might be wrong about that. I love that retro stuff, including
> the formica table, chairs, and the avocado green appliances. I don't have
> them, but I wish I did. :-)
>
> Cheri

This house had the harvest gold appliances, but the green bath fixtures.
Both were horribly dated looking, and the formica vanities were chipped, had
no shine to them, and were really and truly ugly. If I still had them
you'd be welcome to them, but they long ago ended up in the dump!

--
Best Regards,
Evelyn

In the stony fastness of the mountains there is a strange market, where one
may barter the vortex of life for boundless bliss. - Milarepa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>

>> Our house is a 4 bedroom, 3 bath ranch built in the late 60's. If you
>> ever saw the original bathrooms in this house, with the swirly "modern"
>> shaped formica tops and the dated styling and colors, it was just awful.
>> Not the kind of thing anyone would want to preserve. I did keep the
>> original tile

> Well, you might be wrong about that. I love that retro stuff, including
> the formica table, chairs, and the avocado green appliances. I don't have
> them, but I wish I did. :-)

I'd do my house in all 50's stuff if I could.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alan S" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 03:52:23 -0500, "Storrmmee"
> > wrote:
>
>>totally agree, Lee
>>"Janet" > wrote in message
>>> Speaking of cleaning, a non-negotiable for me is a real hood over the
>>> cooktop, with the fan vented to the outdoors. I do not know how people
>>> live in houses and apartments with those crummy charcoal recirculating
>>> things. They obviously don't cook like I do! <G>
>>>

> I must admit I've had them for over forty years in every kitchen in
> every house I've lived in (about 15 in that period) and just presumed
> it as a given. Not having one would be like going back to the early
> Australian days where the kitchen was a separate building to the home
> so that if when it burned down you still had somewhere to sleep

I have the charcoal one currently but it isn't working due to an electrical
problem.

In the military housing on Cape Cod there was some little noisy fan high on
the wall, not near the stove. I don't think it did a danged thing.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

in the fire i lost a brohyle, sp end table with the lion claw feet and pink
marbel insert, and a dining room set that was suspisiouly similar to the one
they used on the set of leave it to beaver, it had the curved trim on the
top of the china cabinet and buffett, and the table instead of squared off
had these rounded edges that came to almost pillow points at the corners,
cloth seat covers and removable back cushins/bolsters thingys, not sure if i
am describing correctly but that almost killed me, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>>

>>> Our house is a 4 bedroom, 3 bath ranch built in the late 60's. If you
>>> ever saw the original bathrooms in this house, with the swirly "modern"
>>> shaped formica tops and the dated styling and colors, it was just awful.
>>> Not the kind of thing anyone would want to preserve. I did keep the
>>> original tile

>> Well, you might be wrong about that. I love that retro stuff, including
>> the formica table, chairs, and the avocado green appliances. I don't have
>> them, but I wish I did. :-)

> I'd do my house in all 50's stuff if I could.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> in the fire i lost a brohyle, sp end table with the lion claw feet and
> pink marbel insert, and a dining room set that was suspisiouly similar to
> the one they used on the set of leave it to beaver, it had the curved trim
> on the top of the china cabinet and buffett, and the table instead of
> squared off had these rounded edges that came to almost pillow points at
> the corners, cloth seat covers and removable back cushins/bolsters
> thingys, not sure if i am describing correctly but that almost killed me,
> Lee

I never owned a good dining table. Used to have a large, cheap, kitchen
table but we had no dining room when we lived in CA and really no place in
the kitchen to put a table. So I got a tiny round table that comfortably
seats 2 people. We have managed to squeeze 4 around it at times. It has
flaps that fold down so it is never perfectly flat. It is real wood though
and the chairs are wood too.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Alan S > wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 03:52:23 -0500, "Storrmmee"
> > wrote:
>
> >totally agree, Lee
> >"Janet" > wrote in message
> >> Speaking of cleaning, a non-negotiable for me is a real hood over the
> >> cooktop, with the fan vented to the outdoors. I do not know how people
> >> live in houses and apartments with those crummy charcoal recirculating
> >> things. They obviously don't cook like I do! <G>
> >>

> I must admit I've had them for over forty years in every kitchen in
> every house I've lived in (about 15 in that period) and just presumed
> it as a given. Not having one would be like going back to the early
> Australian days where the kitchen was a separate building to the home
> so that if when it burned down you still had somewhere to sleep

I've never lived where I had a hood over the stove. If what I'm making
is very smelly or smokey, I open a window.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Alan S > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 03:52:23 -0500, "Storrmmee"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >totally agree, Lee
>> >>

>> I must admit I've had them for over forty years in every kitchen in
>> every house I've lived in (about 15 in that period) and just presumed
>> it as a given. Not having one would be like going back to the early
>> Australian days where the kitchen was a separate building to the home
>> so that if when it burned down you still had somewhere to sleep

> I've never lived where I had a hood over the stove. If what I'm making
> is very smelly or smokey, I open a window.
>
> PP

Bet you have to paint more often too. A range hood definitely cuts a lot
of cooking smoke and the residue it leaves all over the walls over time.

--
Best Regards,
Evelyn

In the stony fastness of the mountains there is a strange market, where one
may barter the vortex of life for boundless bliss. - Milarepa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alan S" > wrote in message

>>> I've never lived where I had a hood over the stove. If what I'm making
>>> is very smelly or smokey, I open a window.
>>>
>>> PP

>>Bet you have to paint more often too. A range hood definitely cuts a
>>lot
>>of cooking smoke and the residue it leaves all over the walls over time.

> About 20 years ago I bought a thirty-year-old small bungalow as an
> investment property. It was sold under power-of-attorney by the son of
> an elderly lady who had developed dementia some years earlier and had
> finally moved to a nursing home. She had been the only occupant after
> the death of her husband some years earlier.
>
> Among the various things we discovered when we spent three weeks of
> the three days we had allocated for cleaning was the kitchen surfaces.
> The kitchen had no exhaust fan. The walls appeared to be painted a
> light tan and the ceiling a dark brown. I started washing down the
> walls with sugar soap in preparation for painting.
>
> That was how we discovered that the original colours for both walls
> and ceiling was white.

I had an old apartment with no exhaust fan. I think I lived there for 5
years. The paint was still white when I moved out except for in two spots.
One was when the stove malfunctioned, shooting a piece of hot, whatever the
burner is made of through my pan. It made a hole in the pan and shot blue
sparks up that left marks on the ceiling.

The other spot was on the wall where a very old hurricane lamp was. There
was a bit of black above the lamp where the bulb was.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Evelyn" > wrote:
> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> > I've never lived where I had a hood over the stove. If what I'm making
> > is very smelly or smokey, I open a window.

> Bet you have to paint more often too. A range hood definitely cuts a lot
> of cooking smoke and the residue it leaves all over the walls over time.

Paint? My kitchen has panelling.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

the kitchen table i lost was a round drop leaf oak table which when you put
in the leafs turned into an oval, it was every bit of a hundred years old,
very nice lathe work on the legs, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> in the fire i lost a brohyle, sp end table with the lion claw feet and
>> pink marbel insert, and a dining room set that was suspisiouly similar to
>> the one they used on the set of leave it to beaver, it had the curved
>> trim on the top of the china cabinet and buffett, and the table instead
>> of squared off had these rounded edges that came to almost pillow points
>> at the corners, cloth seat covers and removable back cushins/bolsters
>> thingys, not sure if i am describing correctly but that almost killed me,
>> Lee

> I never owned a good dining table. Used to have a large, cheap, kitchen
> table but we had no dining room when we lived in CA and really no place in
> the kitchen to put a table. So I got a tiny round table that comfortably
> seats 2 people. We have managed to squeeze 4 around it at times. It has
> flaps that fold down so it is never perfectly flat. It is real wood
> though and the chairs are wood too.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>> > I've never lived where I had a hood over the stove. If what I'm making
>> > is very smelly or smokey, I open a window.

>> Bet you have to paint more often too. A range hood definitely cuts a
>> lot
>> of cooking smoke and the residue it leaves all over the walls over time.

> Paint? My kitchen has panelling.
>
> PP

That's even harder to clean.

--
Best Regards,
Evelyn

In the stony fastness of the mountains there is a strange market, where one
may barter the vortex of life for boundless bliss. - Milarepa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> the kitchen table i lost was a round drop leaf oak table which when you
> put in the leafs turned into an oval, it was every bit of a hundred years
> old, very nice lathe work on the legs, Lee

Wow. That's sad.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>> > I've never lived where I had a hood over the stove. If what I'm making
>> > is very smelly or smokey, I open a window.

>> Bet you have to paint more often too. A range hood definitely cuts a
>> lot
>> of cooking smoke and the residue it leaves all over the walls over time.

> Paint? My kitchen has panelling.

I guess it depends on where you live. Here, paneling pretty much went out
with the 60's and 70's. My parent's house was built in the early 60's.
They do have paneling but they have painted it white. Most people just
remove it when they remodel.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/9/2010 10:40 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Peppermint > wrote in message
>> In >,
>> > wrote:

>>> Bet you have to paint more often too. A range hood definitely cuts a
>>> lot
>>> of cooking smoke and the residue it leaves all over the walls over time.

>> Paint? My kitchen has panelling.

> I guess it depends on where you live. Here, paneling pretty much went out
> with the 60's and 70's. My parent's house was built in the early 60's.
> They do have paneling but they have painted it white. Most people just
> remove it when they remodel.

errr, paneling as it existed in the 60's and 70's has changed
significantly over the years to keep up with current colour schemes

check the do it yourself shops, they have many kinds of paneling you can
buy, and you may even like some of them

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 10/9/2010 10:40 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Peppermint > wrote in message
>>> In >,

>>> Paint? My kitchen has panelling.

>> I guess it depends on where you live. Here, paneling pretty much went
>> out
>> with the 60's and 70's. My parent's house was built in the early 60's.
>> They do have paneling but they have painted it white. Most people just
>> remove it when they remodel.
>>

> errr, paneling as it existed in the 60's and 70's has changed
> significantly over the years to keep up with current colour schemes
>
> check the do it yourself shops, they have many kinds of paneling you can
> buy, and you may even like some of them

Well... We bought this house 6 years ago. In all the houses we looked at,
we never saw any paneling.

When husband was going to finish off the back house...he never did and
probably never will...it was recommended that he put up beadboard in lieu of
wallboard. Is beadboard considered paneling? Probably.

At any rate, I have never seen any paneling that I liked.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 10/9/2010 10:40 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Peppermint > wrote in message
>>> In >,

>>> Paint? My kitchen has panelling.

>> I guess it depends on where you live. Here, paneling pretty much went
>> out
>> with the 60's and 70's. My parent's house was built in the early 60's.
>> They do have paneling but they have painted it white. Most people just
>> remove it when they remodel.
>>

> errr, paneling as it existed in the 60's and 70's has changed
> significantly over the years to keep up with current colour schemes
>
> check the do it yourself shops, they have many kinds of paneling you can
> buy, and you may even like some of them

My house has paneling in the basement and hallway, and I can't wait to
remove it from the hall and paint it in the basement. It makes any area
very dark, whereas when it is a painted surface, it gives a feeling of
space.

--
Best Regards,
Evelyn

In the stony fastness of the mountains there is a strange market, where one
may barter the vortex of life for boundless bliss. - Milarepa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

most of the stuff we lost was just stuff, but i worked very hard to get just
the right stuff for kitchen/dining room furniture, took a few years and
still didn't have the right cahirs for the kitchen, i can replace most
everything else but not these, Lee

Spaghetti Squash Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 16 25-09-2010 10:21 AM
Spaghetti Squash Z GIRL General Cooking 26 12-10-2009 04:50 PM
SPAGHETTI SQUASH Mikie[_3_] General Cooking 12 23-05-2009 07:27 PM
Spaghetti Squash Emily[_2_] Diabetic 15 05-08-2007 03:59 AM
Spaghetti squash The Bubbo General Cooking 13 21-03-2006 06:07 AM