Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default have mushrooms, now what?

Hi All,

Got two pounds of fresh organic white mushrooms from Raley's.
I remember somewhere someone saying they had a quick meal
with mushrooms and something else, but I can't remember.

Anyone remember?

Many thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 01/29/2013 09:54 PM, Todd wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Got two pounds of fresh organic white mushrooms from Raley's.
> I remember somewhere someone saying they had a quick meal
> with mushrooms and something else, but I can't remember.
>
> Anyone remember?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

What do you guys think of making mushroom soup?

Found this recipe:
http://www.food.com/recipe/low-carb-...oom-soup-86146

Would drop the soy sauce. And use my own chick broth
(I make my own. Have pressure cooker, will overcook!).
Probably drop the Dill to. Wife hates dill. May add
parsley directly instead of as a garnish.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 02/02/2013 11:01 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> Or just suate onions and mushrooms in that saute pan of yours and put them
> on top of just avout anything, seteak, hamburgers, chicken, those
> cauliflower fautatoes , whatever.

great idea. Since I bought twice as many mushrooms as I need for
the salad, I will saute them with onions as you suggested then
use half for soup and half as a topper. Thank you!

> As for soupy cauliflower in the pressure cooker. Tey cooking it for less
> time so it doean' get so gloppy.

I am going to move from six minutes to four and see what
happens. Thank you!

-T

Mushrooms.... PIC's PL[_5_] General Cooking 7 16-12-2014 09:06 AM
mushrooms Somebody General Cooking 22 22-06-2012 05:39 AM
Mushrooms SpaghettiWestern General Cooking 17 08-12-2010 08:29 PM
brown button mushrooms apposed to white button mushrooms hahabogus[_3_] General Cooking 3 19-08-2009 06:36 PM