Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mushrooms.... PIC's

Awhile back there was a discussion on mushrooms, and IIRC, it was
'cshenk' who suggested I try some Shimeji mushrooms.

Well, after seeing them in Asian supermarkets/shops all over th place in
Sydney, I finally found some awhile back...... in a supermarket in an
Asian 'part of town' :-)

Plus I found some other varieties, so tried them all. Shimeji, enoki,
portabella, and plain old button mushies.

Sauteed them together (the Enoki went in last, raw) and had with a char
grilled eye fillet/tenderloin.

Now I just need to find a place that sells the 'wood ear' fughi..... I
*LOVE* that sliced finely in chinese food!!

http://tinypic.com/m/ae41hy/3

http://tinypic.com/m/ae41hz/3

http://tinypic.com/m/ae41i0/3

http://tinypic.com/m/ae41kw/3

http://tinypic.com/m/ae41kx/3

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

A good friend would drive 30 miles at 2:00 am to bail you out of jail.
A best friend, however, would be sitting in the cell next to you saying
"Man, that was f******n Awesome!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PL > wrote:

> Awhile back there was a discussion on mushrooms, and IIRC, it was
> 'cshenk' who suggested I try some Shimeji mushrooms.
>
> Well, after seeing them in Asian supermarkets/shops all over th place in
> Sydney, I finally found some awhile back...... in a supermarket in an
> Asian 'part of town' :-)
>
> Plus I found some other varieties, so tried them all. Shimeji, enoki,
> portabella, and plain old button mushies.
>
> Sauteed them together (the Enoki went in last, raw) and had with a char
> grilled eye fillet/tenderloin.
>
> Now I just need to find a place that sells the 'wood ear' funghi..... I
> *LOVE* that sliced finely in chinese food!!

Looks ambitious. ;-d

I like wood ears but can not eat them. They are one of the few foods
I've found that I am truly allergic to rather than just sensitive to.
Wheat makes me ill but I don't think it's actually a true allergy.

Woodear mushrooms make my face break out in hives. It's itchy and rather
unsightly. <sigh>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-3E9135.00003705062010
@news-wc.giganews.com:

> In article >,
> PL > wrote:
>
>> Awhile back there was a discussion on mushrooms, and IIRC, it was
>> 'cshenk' who suggested I try some Shimeji mushrooms.
>>
>> Well, after seeing them in Asian supermarkets/shops all over th place

in
>> Sydney, I finally found some awhile back...... in a supermarket in an
>> Asian 'part of town' :-)
>>
>> Plus I found some other varieties, so tried them all. Shimeji, enoki,
>> portabella, and plain old button mushies.
>>
>> Sauteed them together (the Enoki went in last, raw) and had with a char
>> grilled eye fillet/tenderloin.
>>
>> Now I just need to find a place that sells the 'wood ear' funghi..... I
>> *LOVE* that sliced finely in chinese food!!

> Looks ambitious. ;-d
>
> I like wood ears but can not eat them. They are one of the few foods
> I've found that I am truly allergic to rather than just sensitive to.
> Wheat makes me ill but I don't think it's actually a true allergy.

So you're gluten free eating as well?

> Woodear mushrooms make my face break out in hives. It's itchy and rather
> unsightly. <sigh>

Bugger :-(

You could always take an anti-histamine before you eat them?? ;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

A good friend would drive 30 miles at 2:00 am to bail you out of jail.
A best friend, however, would be sitting in the cell next to you saying
"Man, that was f******n Awesome!"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PL > wrote:

> > I like wood ears but can not eat them. They are one of the few foods
> > I've found that I am truly allergic to rather than just sensitive to.
> > Wheat makes me ill but I don't think it's actually a true allergy.

> So you're gluten free eating as well?

Most of the time.
As I get older, my cheat tolerance decreases. ;-(

> > Woodear mushrooms make my face break out in hives. It's itchy and rather
> > unsightly. <sigh>

> Bugger :-(
>
> You could always take an anti-histamine before you eat them?? ;-)
>

> --
> Peter Lucas

Nah. There are plenty of other mushrooms. <g>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 1, 10:21*pm, PL > wrote:
> Awhile back there was a discussion on mushrooms, and IIRC, it was
> 'cshenk' who suggested I try some Shimeji mushrooms.
>
> Well, after seeing them in Asian supermarkets/shops all over th place in
> Sydney, I finally found some awhile back...... in a supermarket in an
> Asian 'part of town' :-)
>
> Plus I found some other varieties, so tried them all. Shimeji, enoki,
> portabella, and plain old button mushies.

You haven't been eating mushrooms on a regular basis before? Is it
you, or are mushrooms less commonplace/popular in Australia than
everywhere else (or at least in Europe, Asia and North America)?

> Sauteed them together (the Enoki went in last, raw) and had with a char
> grilled eye fillet/tenderloin.
>
> Now I just need to find a place that sells the 'wood ear' fughi..... I
> *LOVE* that sliced finely in chinese food!!

Try good quality porcini/cepes and/or morels. You'll be amazed.
Chanterelles are also very nice.

> http://tinypic.com/m/ae41hy/3
>
> http://tinypic.com/m/ae41hz/3
>
> http://tinypic.com/m/ae41i0/3
>
> http://tinypic.com/m/ae41kw/3
>
> http://tinypic.com/m/ae41kx/3
>
> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> A good friend would drive 30 miles at 2:00 am to bail you out of jail.
> A best friend, however, would be sitting in the cell next to you saying
> "Man, that was f******n Awesome!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 03:14:12 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> PL > wrote:
>
>> > I like wood ears but can not eat them. They are one of the few foods
>> > I've found that I am truly allergic to rather than just sensitive to.
>> > Wheat makes me ill but I don't think it's actually a true allergy.

>> So you're gluten free eating as well?

>Most of the time.
>As I get older, my cheat tolerance decreases. ;-(

So you're glutton free eating as well? ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
brooklyn1 > wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 03:14:12 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:

> >> So you're gluten free eating as well?

> >Most of the time.
> >As I get older, my cheat tolerance decreases. ;-(

> So you're glutton free eating as well? ;-)

Only if it's lettuce or spinach. <g>
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mushrooms in the face
seborrheic dermatitis is a skin condition where one gets eczema changes with redness, flaking, scaling, oily skin and itching called seborrheic areas: Scalp, around the nose, cheeks, eyebrows, ears and sometimes on the upper body. Dandruff scalp is a variant of seborrheic dermatitis. Some call it also tallow floodplains eczema. It varies in severity from person to person. Some have only lightly flaking. Others have hasty inflammation and more shedding. General worsen the disorder in the winter, and in some sun has a soothing effect.
See more at:-> http://www.oslohudlegesenter.no/sopp...et-bid-41.html
http://www.oslohudlegesenter.no/

have mushrooms, now what? Todd Diabetic 2 03-02-2013 01:21 AM
mushrooms Somebody General Cooking 22 22-06-2012 05:39 AM
Mushrooms SpaghettiWestern General Cooking 17 08-12-2010 08:29 PM
brown button mushrooms apposed to white button mushrooms hahabogus[_3_] General Cooking 3 19-08-2009 06:36 PM