Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Ping: Julie

There's a post on gastroparesis over in misc.health.diabetes that I
thought you would want to see.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Julie

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> There's a post on gastroparesis over in misc.health.diabetes that I
> thought you would want to see.

Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics have it than
originally thought just doesn't do me any good.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 12/31/2011 6:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Robert > wrote in message
>> There's a post on gastroparesis over in misc.health.diabetes that I
>> thought you would want to see.

> Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics have it than
> originally thought just doesn't do me any good.

and that was not what the post was about, it was about what food this
lady CAN eat
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 12/31/2011 6:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Robert > wrote in message
>>> There's a post on gastroparesis over in misc.health.diabetes that I
>>> thought you would want to see.

>> Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics have it
>> than
>> originally thought just doesn't do me any good.
>>

> and that was not what the post was about, it was about what food this lady
> CAN eat

Hmmm... I only saw the post from Wendy. I assumed that was what it was. I
will look again. Thanks.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> > There's a post on gastroparesis over in misc.health.diabetes that I
> > thought you would want to see.

> Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics have it than
> originally thought just doesn't do me any good.

once again julie goes to great lengths to demonstrate just how ungrateful she is
for any help

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> In >, "Julie >
> wrote:
>
>> "Robert > wrote in message
>>> There's a post on gastroparesis over in misc.health.diabetes that I
>>> thought you would want to see.

>> Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics have it than
>> originally thought just doesn't do me any good.

> once again julie goes to great lengths to demonstrate just how ungrateful she is
> for any help

without even reading the post in question that had nothing to do with
her "i already know it all" approach

i give up

i've tried

and i'm probably be STUPID enough to reply to her again (i know i have
already today)

but the animosity that her every post exhibits.................. Julie,
send me a FOAD e-mail, you have my info

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
>> In >, "Julie
>> >
>> wrote:

>>> Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics have it
>>> than
>>> originally thought just doesn't do me any good.

>> once again julie goes to great lengths to demonstrate just how ungrateful
>> she is
>> for any help

> without even reading the post in question that had nothing to do with her
> "i already know it all" approach
>
> i give up
>
> i've tried
>
> and i'm probably be STUPID enough to reply to her again (i know i have
> already today)
>
> but the animosity that her every post exhibits.................. Julie,
> send me a FOAD e-mail, you have my info

I guess I don't even know what you are talking about.

I saw a post by Wendy. She failed to put the link on ASD but she put a link
up on MHD. The link said that fewer people have gastroparesis than
originally thought. I know I have it. It has been confirmed twice by a
gastroenterologist.

I also saw Ozgirl reply about a person she knew that not only had that but
bowel cancer. And that woman was on a liquid diet.

What does this have to do with me? I just don't get it.

Apparently I am missing something.

You are clearly angry with me but I don't know why.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/2/2012 1:13 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Tiger > wrote in message
>> On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

>>> once again julie goes to great lengths to demonstrate just how ungrateful
>>> she is
>>> for any help

>> without even reading the post in question that had nothing to do with her
>> "i already know it all" approach
>>
>> i give up
>>
>> i've tried
>>
>> and i'm probably be STUPID enough to reply to her again (i know i have
>> already today)
>>
>> but the animosity that her every post exhibits.................. Julie,
>> send me a FOAD e-mail, you have my info

> I guess I don't even know what you are talking about.
>
> I saw a post by Wendy. She failed to put the link on ASD but she put a link
> up on MHD. The link said that fewer people have gastroparesis than
> originally thought. I know I have it. It has been confirmed twice by a
> gastroenterologist.
>
> I also saw Ozgirl reply about a person she knew that not only had that but
> bowel cancer. And that woman was on a liquid diet.
>
> What does this have to do with me? I just don't get it.
>
> Apparently I am missing something.
>
> You are clearly angry with me but I don't know why.

Julie, there is a big difference between "angry" and "frustrated"

i'm not "angry" with you at all

i AM "frustrated" with you

you answer to a hopefully helpful post was 'why should i read it, i know
i have gastroparesis"

NO THANK YOU for someone trying to HELP you

and i won't even get into it beyond that............... i just wish you
all the best in whatever life you can find for yourself

i care about you, i can't fix you (and NO, you didn't ask to be fixed, i
KNOW THAT)

(someone who apparently................)

wtf

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/2/2012 1:13 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> without even reading the post in question that had nothing to do with
>>> her
>>> "i already know it all" approach
>>>
>>> i give up
>>>
>>> i've tried
>>>
>>> and i'm probably be STUPID enough to reply to her again (i know i have
>>> already today)
>>>
>>> but the animosity that her every post exhibits.................. Julie,
>>> send me a FOAD e-mail, you have my info

>> I guess I don't even know what you are talking about.
>>
>> I saw a post by Wendy. She failed to put the link on ASD but she put a
>> link
>> up on MHD. The link said that fewer people have gastroparesis than
>> originally thought. I know I have it. It has been confirmed twice by a
>> gastroenterologist.
>>
>> I also saw Ozgirl reply about a person she knew that not only had that
>> but
>> bowel cancer. And that woman was on a liquid diet.
>>
>> What does this have to do with me? I just don't get it.
>>
>> Apparently I am missing something.
>>
>> You are clearly angry with me but I don't know why.

> Julie, there is a big difference between "angry" and "frustrated"
>
> i'm not "angry" with you at all
>
> i AM "frustrated" with you
>
> you answer to a hopefully helpful post was 'why should i read it, i know i
> have gastroparesis"
>
> NO THANK YOU for someone trying to HELP you
>
> and i won't even get into it beyond that............... i just wish you
> all the best in whatever life you can find for yourself
>
> i care about you, i can't fix you (and NO, you didn't ask to be fixed, i
> KNOW THAT)
>
> (someone who apparently................)
>
> wtf

I really fail to see how there was any help there. If there was, could you
please point it out? Because I didn't see it.

As I said...

I saw Wendy's post and then the post about a liquid diet.

If you knew about gastroparesis you would know that the liquid diet is used
at stage one. That is not where I am at. I can eat things. Just limited
things.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:

> On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
>> In >, "Julie
>> > wrote:

>>> Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics have it
>>> than originally thought just doesn't do me any good.

>> once again julie goes to great lengths to demonstrate just how ungrateful
>> she is for any help

> without even reading the post in question that had nothing to do with
> her "i already know it all" approach
>
> i give up
>
> i've tried
>
> and i'm probably be STUPID enough to reply to her again (i know i have
> already today)
>
> but the animosity that her every post exhibits.................. Julie,
> send me a FOAD e-mail, you have my info
>
> kate

She's filtered (not KF'ed), I couldn't stand that incessant whining, when
there are others in the group that have life situations worse than she, and
still don't whine about it. The occasional fulminant rave clears the mind
and the mood of the group :-) and also earns renewed respect.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Bjørn Steensrud" > wrote in message
> Tiger Lily wrote:
>
>> On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
>>> In >, "Julie

>>> once again julie goes to great lengths to demonstrate just how
>>> ungrateful
>>> she is for any help

>> without even reading the post in question that had nothing to do with
>> her "i already know it all" approach
>>
>> i give up
>>
>> i've tried
>>
>> and i'm probably be STUPID enough to reply to her again (i know i have
>> already today)
>>
>> but the animosity that her every post exhibits.................. Julie,
>> send me a FOAD e-mail, you have my info
>>
>> kate

> She's filtered (not KF'ed), I couldn't stand that incessant whining, when
> there are others in the group that have life situations worse than she,
> and
> still don't whine about it. The occasional fulminant rave clears the mind
> and the mood of the group :-) and also earns renewed respect.

Well I know this is the food newsgroup and I do post about food here. But
on ASD it is a support group and I do think people should be allowed to vent
there.

Apparently nobody else here has the same problems that I do. I am glad it
is so easy for them to control their BG. It isn't for me. And I haven't
found the solution yet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Bjørn Steensrud wrote:

> and still don't whine about it. The occasional fulminant rave clears the

That should be "rant", of course. We're mostly too old for rave parties
around here :-)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
: ...
: > On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
: >> In >, "Julie
: >> >
: >> wrote:
: >>
: >>> "Robert > wrote in message
: >>> ...
: >>>> There's a post on gastroparesis over in misc.health.diabetes that I
: >>>> thought you would want to see.
: >>>
: >>> Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics have it
: >>> than
: >>> originally thought just doesn't do me any good.
: >>
: >> once again julie goes to great lengths to demonstrate just how ungrateful
: >> she is
: >> for any help
: >
[...]

I had sent the post about the article to BOTH MHD AND ASD, BUT FOR SOME
REASON, NOT MY FAULT it never arrived on asd. It was not my failure!!!!

The implication that somehow iwas wrong or not good enough to not have put
it on asd is not vice. Why say I dfailed, rather than something like it
was just on mhd or no evaluation comment at all?

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> Apparently nobody else here has the same problems that I do. I am glad it
> is so easy for them to control their BG. It isn't for me. And I haven't
> found the solution yet.

Who said it was easy? Personally, I think you're one of those who has taken
the EASY way these many years while your health continues to deteriorate. If
you actually got down to finding real solutions instead of making excuses at
every turn, you would probably find many of them, but it's not easy,
especially when you say (very often in fact) that you are "not looking for
advice or solutions" so there you have it. JMO

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
> : >> In >, "Julie
> : >> >
> : >> wrote:
> : >>
> : >>> "Robert > wrote in message
> : >>> ...
> : >>>> There's a post on gastroparesis over in misc.health.diabetes that I
> : >>>> thought you would want to see.
> : >>>
> : >>> Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics have
> it
> : >>> than
> : >>> originally thought just doesn't do me any good.
> : >>
> : >> once again julie goes to great lengths to demonstrate just how
> ungrateful
> : >> she is
> : >> for any help
> : >
> : > without even reading the post in question that had nothing to do with
> her
> : > "i already know it all" approach
> : >
> : > i give up
> : >
> : > i've tried
> : >
> : > and i'm probably be STUPID enough to reply to her again (i know i have
> : > already today)
> : >
> : > but the animosity that her every post exhibits..................
> Julie,
> : > send me a FOAD e-mail, you have my info
>
> : I guess I don't even know what you are talking about.
>
> : I saw a post by Wendy. She failed to put the link on ASD but she put a
> link
> : up on MHD. The link said that fewer people have gastroparesis than
> : originally thought. I know I have it. It has been confirmed twice by a
> : gastroenterologist.
>
> : I also saw Ozgirl reply about a person she knew that not only had that
> but
> : bowel cancer. And that woman was on a liquid diet.
>
> : What does this have to do with me? I just don't get it.
>
> : Apparently I am missing something.
>
> : You are clearly angry with me but I don't know why.
>
> I had sent the post about the article to BOTH MHD AND ASD, BUT FOR SOME
> REASON, NOT MY FAULT it never arrived on asd. It was not my failure!!!!
>
> The implication that somehow iwas wrong or not good enough to not have put
> it on asd is not vice. Why say I dfailed, rather than something like it
> was just on mhd or no evaluation comment at all?
>
> Wendy

What? All I said was that you failed the put the link on ASD. What is
wrong with that? At any rate I do not see how your post would be helpful to
*me* personally in any way. I'm not saying it was a bad post. Just saying
it wasn't helpful to me. But then *you* didn't say that it was. Robert is
the one saying there was a post of interest to me. I'm saying if there was,
I missed it. He didn't even say what post it was.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>
>> Apparently nobody else here has the same problems that I do. I am glad
>> it is so easy for them to control their BG. It isn't for me. And I
>> haven't found the solution yet.

> Who said it was easy? Personally, I think you're one of those who has
> taken the EASY way these many years while your health continues to
> deteriorate. If you actually got down to finding real solutions instead of
> making excuses at every turn, you would probably find many of them, but
> it's not easy, especially when you say (very often in fact) that you are
> "not looking for advice or solutions" so there you have it. JMO

Oh seriously? You think I have taken the easy way? You think having to go
on insulin and still not seeing lower numbers is the easy way? Okay then!

You think I haven't looked for REAL solutions? Okay then! Glad it is so
EASY for you to just low carb. That honestly doesn't work for me at all.
And I have tried. But... Whatever. I know what you think of me now.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Apparently nobody else here has the same problems that I do. I am glad
>>> it is so easy for them to control their BG. It isn't for me. And I
>>> haven't found the solution yet.

>> Who said it was easy? Personally, I think you're one of those who has
>> taken the EASY way these many years while your health continues to
>> deteriorate. If you actually got down to finding real solutions instead
>> of making excuses at every turn, you would probably find many of them,
>> but it's not easy, especially when you say (very often in fact) that you
>> are "not looking for advice or solutions" so there you have it. JMO

> Oh seriously? You think I have taken the easy way? You think having to
> go on insulin and still not seeing lower numbers is the easy way? Okay
> then!
>
> You think I haven't looked for REAL solutions? Okay then! Glad it is so
> EASY for you to just low carb. That honestly doesn't work for me at all.
> And I have tried. But... Whatever. I know what you think of me now.

It really irritates me when people make statements like you did that it's
"so easy" for others to control their BG, so I thought I'd answer in kind.
I'm on Lantus now, but a very small dosage along with low carb. If I ate
anything I wanted all the time, I'd have some really high numbers requiring
fast acting insulin as well. I believe you said you take both now? Anyway,
you had your say, I had my say...that's enough.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Julie Bove > wrote:
: >
: > : "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
: > : ...
: > : > On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
: > : >> In >, "Julie
: > : >> >
: > : >> wrote:
: > : >>
: > : >>> "Robert > wrote in message
: > : >>> ...
: > : >>>> There's a post on gastroparesis over in misc.health.diabetes that I
: > : >>>> thought you would want to see.
: > : >>>
: > : >>> Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics have
: > it
: > : >>> than
: > : >>> originally thought just doesn't do me any good.
: > : >>
: > : >> once again julie goes to great lengths to demonstrate just how
: > ungrateful
: > : >> she is
: > : >> for any help
: > : >
[...]

As a former or , perhaps. still a writer, you should know the connotations
of words and the emotional and other eanings specifi words have. "failed"
is one such word, implyig some lact or not correct omission or not coming
up to the mark. That is what I am commenting on. You used the word.
"failed which implies that I did something or omitted doing something I
was supposed , or required to do.

I, certainly, was not posting the reference to the article for you or any
other SPECIFIC individual, just to let diabetics have the lastest
information and possibly reduce the worry that it is a common cide effect
of the disease.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
> : >> In >, "Julie
> : >> >
> : >> wrote:
> : >>
> : >>> "Robert > wrote in message
> : >>> ...
> : >>>> There's a post on gastroparesis over in misc.health.diabetes
> that I
> : >>>> thought you would want to see.
> : >>>
> : >>> Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics
> have it
> : >>> than
> : >>> originally thought just doesn't do me any good.
> : >>
> : >> once again julie goes to great lengths to demonstrate just how
> ungrateful
> : >> she is
> : >> for any help
> : >
> : > without even reading the post in question that had nothing to do
> with her
> : > "i already know it all" approach
> : >
> : > i give up
> : >
> : > i've tried
> : >
> : > and i'm probably be STUPID enough to reply to her again (i know i
> have
> : > already today)
> : >
> : > but the animosity that her every post exhibits..................
> Julie,
> : > send me a FOAD e-mail, you have my info
>
> : I guess I don't even know what you are talking about.
>
> : I saw a post by Wendy. She failed to put the link on ASD but she
> put a link
> : up on MHD. The link said that fewer people have gastroparesis than
> : originally thought. I know I have it. It has been confirmed twice
> by a
> : gastroenterologist.
>
> : I also saw Ozgirl reply about a person she knew that not only had
> that but
> : bowel cancer. And that woman was on a liquid diet.
>
> : What does this have to do with me? I just don't get it.
>
> : Apparently I am missing something.
>
> : You are clearly angry with me but I don't know why.
>
> I had sent the post about the article to BOTH MHD AND ASD, BUT FOR
> SOME
> REASON, NOT MY FAULT it never arrived on asd. It was not my
> failure!!!!
>
> The implication that somehow iwas wrong or not good enough to not have
> put
> it on asd is not vice. Why say I dfailed, rather than something like
> it
> was just on mhd or no evaluation comment at all?
>
> Wendy

Wendy, the word *failed* doesn't have to have negative connotations. If
I send an email and get a message back that the message has failed that
doesn't mean I wasn't good enough or wrong etc, just that the sending
didn't succeed in its purpose. In this instance I don't think Julie
meant you any ill will by using the (correct) word.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>
>> Apparently nobody else here has the same problems that I do. I am
>> glad it is so easy for them to control their BG. It isn't for me.
>> And I haven't found the solution yet.

> Who said it was easy? Personally, I think you're one of those who has
> taken the EASY way these many years while your health continues to
> deteriorate. If you actually got down to finding real solutions
> instead of making excuses at every turn, you would probably find many
> of them, but it's not easy, especially when you say (very often in
> fact) that you are "not looking for advice or solutions" so there you
> have it. JMO
>
> Cheri

Cheri, we don't know Julie personally. I feel we should all start taking
Julie as she is. Probably the bottom line here is that she rarely asks
for advice but likes to vent. I know its human nature to want to help
but I feel if a person doesn't ask for help why should they be abused if
they won't accept unwanted help? On Julie's part I think perhaps you
*could* (not saying *should*) choose your wording more carefully when
answering people. Some definitely do mean well, others don't. I
personally would ignore those I know are only here for the argument and
perhaps change my answering style for the ones who genuinely do care.

In this thread I personally would have said (if I was in your shoes, and
of course I'm not) "thanks Wendy, I will look into it" and leave it
there. For an analogy, we don't ask for Xmas and birthday gifts etc but
there are two ways we can receive them - with graciousness (whether we
find the gift useful or whatever) or with an attitude of "why would you
think I want a gift, especially this one...". The intent of the giver is
almost always good. In UseNet not always good intent but those people
are easier to weed out and delete than family and friends

At the end of the day of course, we will all post how we want but I'd
rather see a bit more tolerance in the groups personally.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Who said it was easy? Personally, I think you're one of those who
>>> has taken the EASY way these many years while your health continues
>>> to deteriorate. If you actually got down to finding real solutions
>>> instead of making excuses at every turn, you would probably find
>>> many of them, but it's not easy, especially when you say (very often
>>> in fact) that you are "not looking for advice or solutions" so there
>>> you have it. JMO

>> Oh seriously? You think I have taken the easy way? You think having
>> to go on insulin and still not seeing lower numbers is the easy way?
>> Okay then!
>>
>> You think I haven't looked for REAL solutions? Okay then! Glad it
>> is so EASY for you to just low carb. That honestly doesn't work for
>> me at all. And I have tried. But... Whatever. I know what you
>> think of me now.

> It really irritates me when people make statements like you did that
> it's "so easy" for others to control their BG, so I thought I'd answer
> in kind. I'm on Lantus now, but a very small dosage along with low
> carb. If I ate anything I wanted all the time, I'd have some really
> high numbers requiring fast acting insulin as well. I believe you said
> you take both now? Anyway, you had your say, I had my say...that's
> enough.
>
> Cheri

I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. To stop the
nausea, vomiting and horrible full feeling something has to give. In
this case its the low carb that has to go. I personally think it would
be way harder to try and control when one of the best tools of success
is not not available to us. If I had to choose between gastroparesis and
having to eat low carb I know which would be the easier option. Low
carbing is a battle for some, I know that, but at least we have that
option open to us.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/2/2012 4:47 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Apparently nobody else here has the same problems that I do. I am
>>> glad it is so easy for them to control their BG. It isn't for me. And
>>> I haven't found the solution yet.

>> Who said it was easy? Personally, I think you're one of those who has
>> taken the EASY way these many years while your health continues to
>> deteriorate. If you actually got down to finding real solutions
>> instead of making excuses at every turn, you would probably find many
>> of them, but it's not easy, especially when you say (very often in
>> fact) that you are "not looking for advice or solutions" so there you
>> have it. JMO
>>
>> Cheri

> Cheri, we don't know Julie personally. I feel we should all start taking
> Julie as she is. Probably the bottom line here is that she rarely asks
> for advice but likes to vent. I know its human nature to want to help
> but I feel if a person doesn't ask for help why should they be abused if
> they won't accept unwanted help? On Julie's part I think perhaps you
> *could* (not saying *should*) choose your wording more carefully when
> answering people. Some definitely do mean well, others don't. I
> personally would ignore those I know are only here for the argument and
> perhaps change my answering style for the ones who genuinely do care.
>
> In this thread I personally would have said (if I was in your shoes, and
> of course I'm not) "thanks Wendy, I will look into it" and leave it
> there. For an analogy, we don't ask for Xmas and birthday gifts etc but
> there are two ways we can receive them - with graciousness (whether we
> find the gift useful or whatever) or with an attitude of "why would you
> think I want a gift, especially this one...". The intent of the giver is
> almost always good. In UseNet not always good intent but those people
> are easier to weed out and delete than family and friends
>
> At the end of the day of course, we will all post how we want but I'd
> rather see a bit more tolerance in the groups personally.

Jan, i think you hit the nail on the head. It's the lack of
graciousness and the accusatory fashion that Julie will delve off into
that will get the best of me.... like last night when i didn't agree
with her, so she felt i was angry

no....... not at all, but i did get angry soon after that!

perhaps it's best if i just don't reply to Julie's 'venting'
wait, or bother to read it either

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/2/2012 4:47 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> Who said it was easy? Personally, I think you're one of those who
>>> has
>>> taken the EASY way these many years while your health continues to
>>> deteriorate. If you actually got down to finding real solutions
>>> instead of making excuses at every turn, you would probably find
>>> many
>>> of them, but it's not easy, especially when you say (very often in
>>> fact) that you are "not looking for advice or solutions" so there
>>> you
>>> have it. JMO
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Cheri, we don't know Julie personally. I feel we should all start
>> taking
>> Julie as she is. Probably the bottom line here is that she rarely
>> asks
>> for advice but likes to vent. I know its human nature to want to help
>> but I feel if a person doesn't ask for help why should they be abused
>> if
>> they won't accept unwanted help? On Julie's part I think perhaps you
>> *could* (not saying *should*) choose your wording more carefully when
>> answering people. Some definitely do mean well, others don't. I
>> personally would ignore those I know are only here for the argument
>> and
>> perhaps change my answering style for the ones who genuinely do care.
>>
>> In this thread I personally would have said (if I was in your shoes,
>> and
>> of course I'm not) "thanks Wendy, I will look into it" and leave it
>> there. For an analogy, we don't ask for Xmas and birthday gifts etc
>> but
>> there are two ways we can receive them - with graciousness (whether
>> we
>> find the gift useful or whatever) or with an attitude of "why would
>> you
>> think I want a gift, especially this one...". The intent of the giver
>> is
>> almost always good. In UseNet not always good intent but those people
>> are easier to weed out and delete than family and friends
>>
>> At the end of the day of course, we will all post how we want but I'd
>> rather see a bit more tolerance in the groups personally.

> Jan, i think you hit the nail on the head. It's the lack of
> graciousness and the accusatory fashion that Julie will delve off into
> that will get the best of me.... like last night when i didn't agree
> with her, so she felt i was angry
>
> no....... not at all, but i did get angry soon after that!
>
> perhaps it's best if i just don't reply to Julie's 'venting'
> wait, or bother to read it either

Remember being told as a child to count to ten before action?
Although I did whack someone in grade 4, put they whacked first...

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/2/2012 5:19 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message

>>> Cheri, we don't know Julie personally. I feel we should all start taking
>>> Julie as she is. Probably the bottom line here is that she rarely asks
>>> for advice but likes to vent. I know its human nature to want to help
>>> but I feel if a person doesn't ask for help why should they be abused if
>>> they won't accept unwanted help? On Julie's part I think perhaps you
>>> *could* (not saying *should*) choose your wording more carefully when
>>> answering people. Some definitely do mean well, others don't. I
>>> personally would ignore those I know are only here for the argument and
>>> perhaps change my answering style for the ones who genuinely do care.
>>>
>>> In this thread I personally would have said (if I was in your shoes, and
>>> of course I'm not) "thanks Wendy, I will look into it" and leave it
>>> there. For an analogy, we don't ask for Xmas and birthday gifts etc but
>>> there are two ways we can receive them - with graciousness (whether we
>>> find the gift useful or whatever) or with an attitude of "why would you
>>> think I want a gift, especially this one...". The intent of the giver is
>>> almost always good. In UseNet not always good intent but those people
>>> are easier to weed out and delete than family and friends
>>>
>>> At the end of the day of course, we will all post how we want but I'd
>>> rather see a bit more tolerance in the groups personally.

>> Jan, i think you hit the nail on the head. It's the lack of
>> graciousness and the accusatory fashion that Julie will delve off into
>> that will get the best of me.... like last night when i didn't agree
>> with her, so she felt i was angry
>>
>> no....... not at all, but i did get angry soon after that!
>>
>> perhaps it's best if i just don't reply to Julie's 'venting'
>> wait, or bother to read it either

> Remember being told as a child to count to ten before action?
> Although I did whack someone in grade 4, put they whacked first...

it sort of all went S when Julie asked "what post??? there isn't
anything i need to know, yada"

i calmly and politely indicated the subject matter that she might have
found to be of interest

and things went downhill rather quickly after that.......... i should
have recognized the IDGAF 'tude she was displaying

guess that means it's 'my bad' that i didn't anticipate Julie's next
reaction(s)??

ya, don't answer is probably best.... that's where i left it when she
informed me i was angry with her

???????
right

i'm not angry, i just don't need to waste my time on that kind of shitty
'tude

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/2/2012 5:19 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> Jan, i think you hit the nail on the head. It's the lack of
>>> graciousness and the accusatory fashion that Julie will delve off
>>> into
>>> that will get the best of me.... like last night when i didn't agree
>>> with her, so she felt i was angry
>>>
>>> no....... not at all, but i did get angry soon after that!
>>>
>>> perhaps it's best if i just don't reply to Julie's 'venting'
>>> wait, or bother to read it either

>> Remember being told as a child to count to ten before action?
>> Although I did whack someone in grade 4, put they whacked first...

> it sort of all went S when Julie asked "what post??? there isn't
> anything i need to know, yada"
>
> i calmly and politely indicated the subject matter that she might have
> found to be of interest
>
> and things went downhill rather quickly after that.......... i should
> have recognized the IDGAF 'tude she was displaying
>
> guess that means it's 'my bad' that i didn't anticipate Julie's next
> reaction(s)??
>
> ya, don't answer is probably best.... that's where i left it when she
> informed me i was angry with her
>
> ???????
> right
>
> i'm not angry, i just don't need to waste my time on that kind of
> shitty 'tude
>
> kate

IDGAF, lol, I like that one. Day for acronyms! Reactions to other
people's words come in all shapes and sizes. Some people take words to
heart, I tend to take most things as being water off a duck's back. But
you will know if something ever hits that rare raw nerve of mine

I believe a raw nerve for me has only been hit twice in all my years in
usenet. One was about Jasmine many years ago and the other more recent.
FWIW I see you as being frustrated not angry.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Julie Bove > wrote:
: >
: > : "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
: > : ...
: > : > On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
: > : >> In >, "Julie
: > : >> >
: > : >> wrote:
: > : >>
: > : >>> "Robert > wrote in message
: > : >>> ...
[...]

It seemed quite judgemental to me. I sent the article to a group I didn't
even think julie read because I didn't tink she woudl find anyting from
it, then later thried to get it to ASD, but it idn't work.

I think julie shuld watch her words, as they can send the wrong meaning if
she did not man to criticise. She is often very free with her disgust at
things other people enjoy, usually foods, but is quick to take offense if
she thinks someone is somehow criticising or being at all "judgemental"
about her. I usually remain silent, but this one just pushed the wrong
button.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/2/2012 6:21 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> IDGAF, lol, I like that one. Day for acronyms!

grin, an Aussie friend of mine taught me that acronym

> Reactions to other
> people's words come in all shapes and sizes. Some people take words to
> heart, I tend to take most things as being water off a duck's back. But
> you will know if something ever hits that rare raw nerve of mine

You could say you pretty much know exactly where you stand with me at
any given time......... i'm pretty open and direct......... or is that
brutally honest.... fine line there LOL

> I believe a raw nerve for me has only been hit twice in all my years in
> usenet. One was about Jasmine many years ago and the other more recent.
> FWIW I see you as being frustrated not angry.

yup, total frustration, not angry, but totally frustrated and well....
why do i bang my head against the wall?? it feels so good when i stop! LOL

and ya, i can be patient as a saint and i can have a fuse that's 5
seconds...... i never know when it will be the 5 second fuse (well, i
have a pretty good idea, but, i'm not telling........ and i know you
know what will cause me to have a 5 sec fuse) LOL

kate (frustrated, for the record)
lol

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/2/2012 6:21 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>> IDGAF, lol, I like that one. Day for acronyms!

> grin, an Aussie friend of mine taught me that acronym
>
>> Reactions to other
>> people's words come in all shapes and sizes. Some people take words
>> heart, I tend to take most things as being water off a duck's back.
>> But
>> you will know if something ever hits that rare raw nerve of mine

> You could say you pretty much know exactly where you stand with me at
> any given time......... i'm pretty open and direct......... or is that
> brutally honest.... fine line there LOL

I think frankness between friends is good. I would tell you if your
butt looked too big in that pair of pants (if you asked...)

>> I believe a raw nerve for me has only been hit twice in all my years
>> in
>> usenet. One was about Jasmine many years ago and the other more
>> recent.
>> FWIW I see you as being frustrated not angry.

> yup, total frustration, not angry, but totally frustrated and well....
> why do i bang my head against the wall?? it feels so good when i
> stop! LOL
>
> and ya, i can be patient as a saint and i can have a fuse that's 5
> seconds...... i never know when it will be the 5 second fuse (well, i
> have a pretty good idea, but, i'm not telling........ and i know you
> know what will cause me to have a 5 sec fuse) LOL
>
> kate (frustrated, for the record)

I fully understand you being frustrated but there is a always a but.
Here's how I see this whole Julie and help thing:

How many times must a person say they don't want help before everyone
else takes her request on board? I think a lot of frustration could be
avoided if all of us (me included) respected her wishes not to receive
help unless she asks for it. How many times would it take a person
receiving unsolicited advice (after repeatedly asking people not to)
before that person becomes frustrated, angry or any other emotion? I
quite frankly would have spat the dummy years ago if it were me.

I am sure we all have something in our lives, past or present, where we
have requested others not to do something. We have expectations of
having our wishes respected. Susan for example had a major spit at
having her posts being archived in other people's posts and having one
of my posts shown in all its glory for her to see because I am
killfiled. Point taken.

Robert obviously didn't know the ramifications of posting (or was it
referring to) Wendy's post in a message with the subject "Julie". I'd
say by now he probably does Wendy didn't refer to any specific
person.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Who said it was easy? Personally, I think you're one of those who has
>>> taken the EASY way these many years while your health continues to
>>> deteriorate. If you actually got down to finding real solutions instead
>>> of making excuses at every turn, you would probably find many of them,
>>> but it's not easy, especially when you say (very often in fact) that you
>>> are "not looking for advice or solutions" so there you have it. JMO

>> Oh seriously? You think I have taken the easy way? You think having to
>> go on insulin and still not seeing lower numbers is the easy way? Okay
>> then!
>>
>> You think I haven't looked for REAL solutions? Okay then! Glad it is so
>> EASY for you to just low carb. That honestly doesn't work for me at all.
>> And I have tried. But... Whatever. I know what you think of me now.

> It really irritates me when people make statements like you did that it's
> "so easy" for others to control their BG, so I thought I'd answer in kind.
> I'm on Lantus now, but a very small dosage along with low carb. If I ate
> anything I wanted all the time, I'd have some really high numbers
> requiring fast acting insulin as well. I believe you said you take both
> now? Anyway, you had your say, I had my say...that's enough.

I said that originally because I just get sick of some people pushing others
to low carb as if that is all we need to do. Just because it works for them
doesn't mean it will work for all.

I do not take Lantus any more. It does nothing for me. I take 75/25, N and
Humalog. That's 4 kinds of insulin along with 2 diabetes meds. And at no
time can I eat whatever I want. Even if I did want to low carb, I can't do
it because it doesn't work with my gastroparesis and it causes my BG to go
even higher.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Oh seriously? You think I have taken the easy way? You think having to
>>> go on insulin and still not seeing lower numbers is the easy way? Okay
>>> then!
>>>
>>> You think I haven't looked for REAL solutions? Okay then! Glad it is
>>> so EASY for you to just low carb. That honestly doesn't work for me at
>>> all. And I have tried. But... Whatever. I know what you think of me
>>> now.

>> It really irritates me when people make statements like you did that it's
>> "so easy" for others to control their BG, so I thought I'd answer in
>> kind. I'm on Lantus now, but a very small dosage along with low carb. If
>> I ate anything I wanted all the time, I'd have some really high numbers
>> requiring fast acting insulin as well. I believe you said you take both
>> now? Anyway, you had your say, I had my say...that's enough.
>>
>> Cheri

> I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in with
> gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. To stop the nausea,
> vomiting and horrible full feeling something has to give. In this case its
> the low carb that has to go. I personally think it would be way harder to
> try and control when one of the best tools of success is not not available
> to us. If I had to choose between gastroparesis and having to eat low carb
> I know which would be the easier option. Low carbing is a battle for some,
> I know that, but at least we have that option open to us.

Yes indeed!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/2/2012 9:48 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>> On 1/2/2012 6:21 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>>> IDGAF, lol, I like that one. Day for acronyms!

>> grin, an Aussie friend of mine taught me that acronym
>>
>>> Reactions to other
>>> people's words come in all shapes and sizes. Some people take words to
>>> heart, I tend to take most things as being water off a duck's back. But
>>> you will know if something ever hits that rare raw nerve of mine

>> You could say you pretty much know exactly where you stand with me at
>> any given time......... i'm pretty open and direct......... or is that
>> brutally honest.... fine line there LOL

> I think frankness between friends is good. I would tell you if your butt
> looked too big in that pair of pants (if you asked...)
>
>>> I believe a raw nerve for me has only been hit twice in all my years in
>>> usenet. One was about Jasmine many years ago and the other more recent.
>>> FWIW I see you as being frustrated not angry.

>> yup, total frustration, not angry, but totally frustrated and well....
>> why do i bang my head against the wall?? it feels so good when i stop!
>> LOL
>>
>> and ya, i can be patient as a saint and i can have a fuse that's 5
>> seconds...... i never know when it will be the 5 second fuse (well, i
>> have a pretty good idea, but, i'm not telling........ and i know you
>> know what will cause me to have a 5 sec fuse) LOL
>>
>> kate (frustrated, for the record)

> I fully understand you being frustrated but there is a always a but.
> Here's how I see this whole Julie and help thing:
>
> How many times must a person say they don't want help before everyone
> else takes her request on board? I think a lot of frustration could be
> avoided if all of us (me included) respected her wishes not to receive
> help unless she asks for it. How many times would it take a person
> receiving unsolicited advice (after repeatedly asking people not to)
> before that person becomes frustrated, angry or any other emotion? I
> quite frankly would have spat the dummy years ago if it were me.
>
> I am sure we all have something in our lives, past or present, where we
> have requested others not to do something. We have expectations of
> having our wishes respected. Susan for example had a major spit at
> having her posts being archived in other people's posts and having one
> of my posts shown in all its glory for her to see because I am
> killfiled. Point taken.
>
> Robert obviously didn't know the ramifications of posting (or was it
> referring to) Wendy's post in a message with the subject "Julie". I'd
> say by now he probably does Wendy didn't refer to any specific person.

yup, you said it Jan

however......... lol.......... what do you do then?????

i've set the filters to mark as read......... that way i can look but it
reminds me 'don't say anything, she doesn't want any help'

having said that, i think it's attention that she wants, as she will
spit the dummy if she doesn't get attention for her rants as well

i just see a very sad/lonely/impossible to make happy person..... and
that's sad as there are so many people who have tried to help (including
YOU!)

oh well, give it a rest and maybe read again later

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> [...]
> is
> : the one saying there was a post of interest to me. I'm saying if there
> was,
> : I missed it. He didn't even say what post it was.
> As a former or , perhaps. still a writer, you should know the connotations
> of words and the emotional and other eanings specifi words have. "failed"
> is one such word, implyig some lact or not correct omission or not coming
> up to the mark. That is what I am commenting on. You used the word.
> "failed which implies that I did something or omitted doing something I
> was supposed , or required to do.
>
> I, certainly, was not posting the reference to the article for you or any
> other SPECIFIC individual, just to let diabetics have the lastest
> information and possibly reduce the worry that it is a common cide effect

Well, no. I just don't see it. Let me look it up in the dictionary.

Here is one definition: 3.
to be or become deficient or lacking; be insufficient or absent; fall short:
Our supplies failed.

Bottom line, you did not put the link.

So first, Robert posted that there was something that might be of interest
to me, but he didn't tell me specifically what it was. I thought that was
odd that he would even post that in the food newsgroup since I am a regular
on both other newsgroups. Why he thought I wouldn't see it is beyond me.
And whatever it was, remains a mystery to me.

Was it your post? Was it Ozgirl's reply? Or the reply of Mal Reynolds? If
it was his, I didn't see it. He is in my killfile.

I honestly didn't see anything of interest to me. But since *nobody* has
told me what it was I was supposed to have seen, I still don't know.

I looked at ASD and saw your post but with no link. So then I had to go
over to MSD. All I know is that I feel like I was sent on a wild goose
chase and I still haven't a clue what it was I supposed to have seen.

As for the word "fail", that is the way I use it. I have said the same
thing when I have done the same thing. "Oops! I failed to put the link!"
I see nothing at all wrong in saying that. It is proper English.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> [...]
>>
>> : Apparently I am missing something.
>>
>> : You are clearly angry with me but I don't know why.
>>
>> I had sent the post about the article to BOTH MHD AND ASD, BUT FOR SOME
>> REASON, NOT MY FAULT it never arrived on asd. It was not my failure!!!!
>>
>> The implication that somehow iwas wrong or not good enough to not have
>> put
>> it on asd is not vice. Why say I dfailed, rather than something like it
>> was just on mhd or no evaluation comment at all?
>>
>> Wendy

> Wendy, the word *failed* doesn't have to have negative connotations. If I
> send an email and get a message back that the message has failed that
> doesn't mean I wasn't good enough or wrong etc, just that the sending
> didn't succeed in its purpose. In this instance I don't think Julie meant
> you any ill will by using the (correct) word.

I didn't and I honestly don't know why everyone is getting so upset.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> [...]
> : I send an email and get a message back that the message has failed that
> : doesn't mean I wasn't good enough or wrong etc, just that the sending
> : didn't succeed in its purpose. In this instance I don't think Julie
> : meant you any ill will by using the (correct) word.
>
> It seemed quite judgemental to me. I sent the article to a group I didn't
> even think julie read because I didn't tink she woudl find anyting from
> it, then later thried to get it to ASD, but it idn't work.
>
> I think julie shuld watch her words, as they can send the wrong meaning if
> she did not man to criticise. She is often very free with her disgust at
> things other people enjoy, usually foods, but is quick to take offense if
> she thinks someone is somehow criticising or being at all "judgemental"
> about her. I usually remain silent, but this one just pushed the wrong

I have always read both groups. But if it was your post that Robert was
referring to, then I don't know why he would have thought that would be of
interest to me. Or maybe he didn't read it? I still don't know. Robert
hasn't said anything since.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/2/2012 9:48 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> grin, an Aussie friend of mine taught me that acronym

>>> You could say you pretty much know exactly where you stand with me
>>> at
>>> any given time......... i'm pretty open and direct......... or is
>>> that
>>> brutally honest.... fine line there LOL

>> I think frankness between friends is good. I would tell you if your
>> butt
>> looked too big in that pair of pants (if you asked...)

>>> yup, total frustration, not angry, but totally frustrated and
>>> well....
>>> why do i bang my head against the wall?? it feels so good when i
>>> stop!
>>> LOL
>>>
>>> and ya, i can be patient as a saint and i can have a fuse that's 5
>>> seconds...... i never know when it will be the 5 second fuse (well,
>>> have a pretty good idea, but, i'm not telling........ and i know you
>>> know what will cause me to have a 5 sec fuse) LOL
>>>
>>> kate (frustrated, for the record)

>> I fully understand you being frustrated but there is a always a but.
>> Here's how I see this whole Julie and help thing:
>>
>> How many times must a person say they don't want help before everyone
>> else takes her request on board? I think a lot of frustration could
>> be
>> avoided if all of us (me included) respected her wishes not to
>> receive
>> help unless she asks for it. How many times would it take a person
>> receiving unsolicited advice (after repeatedly asking people not to)
>> before that person becomes frustrated, angry or any other emotion? I
>> quite frankly would have spat the dummy years ago if it were me.
>>
>> I am sure we all have something in our lives, past or present, where
>> we
>> have requested others not to do something. We have expectations of
>> having our wishes respected. Susan for example had a major spit at
>> having her posts being archived in other people's posts and having
>> one
>> of my posts shown in all its glory for her to see because I am
>> killfiled. Point taken.
>>
>> Robert obviously didn't know the ramifications of posting (or was it
>> referring to) Wendy's post in a message with the subject "Julie". I'd
>> say by now he probably does Wendy didn't refer to any specific
>> person.

> yup, you said it Jan
>
> however......... lol.......... what do you do then?????
>
> i've set the filters to mark as read......... that way i can look but
> it reminds me 'don't say anything, she doesn't want any help'

As I said elsewhere, its human nature to want to help people (for most
people anyway). Wait til you have your first grandchild You will be
biting your tongue many times. Knowing you should leave the younguns to
decided what's best for their baby but also wanting so much to say
something Think of this as good practice for what is down the track
for you

> having said that, i think it's attention that she wants, as she will
> spit the dummy if she doesn't get attention for her rants as well

Well I must say I haven't noticed Julie spitting under those
circumstances. Not to say she hasn't, I just haven't seen it.

> i just see a very sad/lonely/impossible to make happy person..... and
> that's sad as there are so many people who have tried to help
> (including YOU!)

Or.... you could say she is different Different is not wrong, its
just different. "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And
if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
Dalai Lama". http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...alai_lama.html

> oh well, give it a rest and maybe read again later

Or not (remembering Quentin's words.. he would say something "is"
unless "its not" - never a truer word spoken! lol). I have found in the
past that changing one's perception of a situation works better than
thinking a situation has to be black/white, right/wrong.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> [...]
>>> SOME
>>> REASON, NOT MY FAULT it never arrived on asd. It was not my
>>> failure!!!!
>>>
>>> The implication that somehow iwas wrong or not good enough to not
>>> have put
>>> it on asd is not vice. Why say I dfailed, rather than something
>>> like it
>>> was just on mhd or no evaluation comment at all?
>>>
>>> Wendy

>> Wendy, the word *failed* doesn't have to have negative connotations.
>> If I send an email and get a message back that the message has failed
>> that doesn't mean I wasn't good enough or wrong etc, just that the
>> sending didn't succeed in its purpose. In this instance I don't think
>> Julie meant you any ill will by using the (correct) word.

> I didn't and I honestly don't know why everyone is getting so upset.

Well Wendy feels offended. I don't think it was meant to offend her but
I am not you (who may or may not have meant to offend) or Wendy (who did
feel offended). Kiss and make up?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:
> On 1/2/2012 9:48 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> grin, an Aussie friend of mine taught me that acronym

>>> You could say you pretty much know exactly where you stand with me
>>> at any given time......... i'm pretty open and direct......... or
>>> is that brutally honest.... fine line there LOL

>> I think frankness between friends is good. I would tell you if your
>> butt looked too big in that pair of pants (if you asked...)

>>> yup, total frustration, not angry, but totally frustrated and
>>> well.... why do i bang my head against the wall?? it feels so good
>>> when i stop! LOL
>>>
>>> and ya, i can be patient as a saint and i can have a fuse that's 5
>>> seconds...... i never know when it will be the 5 second fuse (well,
>>> i have a pretty good idea, but, i'm not telling........ and i know
>>> you know what will cause me to have a 5 sec fuse) LOL
>>>
>>> kate (frustrated, for the record)

>> I fully understand you being frustrated but there is a always a but.
>> Here's how I see this whole Julie and help thing:
>>
>> How many times must a person say they don't want help before everyone
>> else takes her request on board? I think a lot of frustration could
>> be avoided if all of us (me included) respected her wishes not to
>> receive help unless she asks for it. How many times would it take a
>> person receiving unsolicited advice (after repeatedly asking people
>> not to) before that person becomes frustrated, angry or any other
>> emotion? I quite frankly would have spat the dummy years ago if it
>> were me. I am sure we all have something in our lives, past or present,
>> where
>> we have requested others not to do something. We have expectations of
>> having our wishes respected. Susan for example had a major spit at
>> having her posts being archived in other people's posts and having
>> one of my posts shown in all its glory for her to see because I am
>> killfiled. Point taken.
>>
>> Robert obviously didn't know the ramifications of posting (or was it
>> referring to) Wendy's post in a message with the subject "Julie". I'd
>> say by now he probably does Wendy didn't refer to any specific
>> person.

> yup, you said it Jan
>
> however......... lol.......... what do you do then?????
>
> i've set the filters to mark as read......... that way i can look but
> it reminds me 'don't say anything, she doesn't want any help'
>
> having said that, i think it's attention that she wants, as she will
> spit the dummy if she doesn't get attention for her rants as well
>
> i just see a very sad/lonely/impossible to make happy person..... and
> that's sad as there are so many people who have tried to help
> (including YOU!)
>
> oh well, give it a rest and maybe read again later
>
> kate

What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here want to
make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me isn't a very
happy place.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Wendy, the word *failed* doesn't have to have negative connotations.
>>> If I send an email and get a message back that the message has
>>> failed that doesn't mean I wasn't good enough or wrong etc, just
>>> that the sending didn't succeed in its purpose. In this instance I
>>> don't think Julie meant you any ill will by using the (correct)
>>> word.

>> I didn't and I honestly don't know why everyone is getting so upset.

> Well Wendy feels offended. I don't think it was meant to offend her
> but I am not you (who may or may not have meant to offend) or Wendy
> (who did feel offended). Kiss and make up?

Okay sorry Wendy. But I can't say it won't happen again because that is
just the way I speak!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/2/2012 10:10 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message

>>> I think frankness between friends is good. I would tell you if your butt
>>> looked too big in that pair of pants (if you asked...)

>>> I fully understand you being frustrated but there is a always a but.
>>> Here's how I see this whole Julie and help thing:
>>>
>>> How many times must a person say they don't want help before everyone
>>> else takes her request on board? I think a lot of frustration could be
>>> avoided if all of us (me included) respected her wishes not to receive
>>> help unless she asks for it. How many times would it take a person
>>> receiving unsolicited advice (after repeatedly asking people not to)
>>> before that person becomes frustrated, angry or any other emotion? I
>>> quite frankly would have spat the dummy years ago if it were me.
>>>
>>> I am sure we all have something in our lives, past or present, where we
>>> have requested others not to do something. We have expectations of
>>> having our wishes respected. Susan for example had a major spit at
>>> having her posts being archived in other people's posts and having one
>>> of my posts shown in all its glory for her to see because I am
>>> killfiled. Point taken.
>>>
>>> Robert obviously didn't know the ramifications of posting (or was it
>>> referring to) Wendy's post in a message with the subject "Julie". I'd
>>> say by now he probably does Wendy didn't refer to any specific
>>> person.

>> yup, you said it Jan
>>
>> however......... lol.......... what do you do then?????
>>
>> i've set the filters to mark as read......... that way i can look but
>> it reminds me 'don't say anything, she doesn't want any help'

> As I said elsewhere, its human nature to want to help people (for most
> people anyway). Wait til you have your first grandchild You will be
> biting your tongue many times. Knowing you should leave the younguns to
> decided what's best for their baby but also wanting so much to say
> something Think of this as good practice for what is down the track
> for you

Oh, my job as a grandma will be to spoil the child rotten............ no
one will spank Grandma for that! LOL
and yes, i can imagine i'll have some opinions i need to keep to
myself........ having said that....... all things being equal..........
i hope it's oh, 7 yrs or more before i need to worry about that

ya, teenlet is madly in love, and, i have to say she is a sweetheart,
they have very similar temperments/tolerances and they simply cherish
each other............ smitten is the word i'm looking for, i believe
(whimper, won't tell you how long it took me to get over that, he's my
BABY!!!! and he's a young adult that can/will leave me if i'm not
treading carefully)

>> having said that, i think it's attention that she wants, as she will
>> spit the dummy if she doesn't get attention for her rants as well

> Well I must say I haven't noticed Julie spitting under those
> circumstances. Not to say she hasn't, I just haven't seen it.

It's good to know that just ignoring her will help her. That the entire
purpose is just to vent. Having said that, i just posted about
Moussaka, wanna bet i hear "ewwww, that's too slimey and greasy for me,
there is NO WAY i could ever eat that AWFUL sludge". I love her idea of
support............ it's not all about JULIE!!!!! what a concept
(evasive, but a concept)

ya, that was snarky of me, but it also is the truth

>> i just see a very sad/lonely/impossible to make happy person..... and
>> that's sad as there are so many people who have tried to help
>> (including YOU!)

> Or.... you could say she is different Different is not wrong, its
> just different. "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And
> if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
> Dalai Lama". http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...alai_lama.html
>
>> oh well, give it a rest and maybe read again later

> Or not (remembering Quentin's words.. he would say something "is"
> unless "its not" - never a truer word spoken! lol). I have found in the
> past that changing one's perception of a situation works better than
> thinking a situation has to be black/white, right/wrong.

I'm in the age of 'grey' LOL

It's because i can see/relate to both sides of the convo that i get into
trouble when i try........... why do i try? oh well

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/2/2012 10:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here want to
> make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me isn't a very
> happy place.

not a good time for a pithy pity joke

(hint: joke)

kate

Ping: Julie jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 28-05-2016 12:18 AM
Ping: Julie, Thank you cshenk General Cooking 6 27-10-2015 12:03 AM
Ping: Julie Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 1 02-02-2014 09:41 AM
Ping: Julie sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 15-04-2013 10:31 PM
Ping Julie Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 5 20-04-2012 10:28 PM