Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Where the heck is that brownie recipe?

A while back, someone posted a recipe for a low carb brownie that used
almond flour, eggs, xanthan gum, and melted chocolate (not cocoa). I think
it had walnuts. I've googled and googled and can't find it. Any help?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet" > wrote in message
>A while back, someone posted a recipe for a low carb brownie that used
>almond flour, eggs, xanthan gum, and melted chocolate (not cocoa). I think
>it had walnuts. I've googled and googled and can't find it. Any help?

I imagine it was this:

MYRA'S CHOCOLATE-WALNUT BROWNIES

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups Splenda
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons cream (or water or coffee)
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
Pinch salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 square pan.

In a mixer, cream together the butter and Splenda. Add the eggs, one at a
time, incorporating well. Add the vanilla and cream, blending well. In a
small bowl, mix together the almond flour, xantham gum, salt and baking
soda. Add the almond flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating
with the chocolate. Fold in the nuts. This makes a very stiff batter -
almost dough-like.

Spread the batter in the greased pan, and baking for about 12-13 minutes,
or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Cut into 16 1-inch squares.

Makes 16 servings, 3.38 carbs per serving.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
> "Janet" > wrote in message
>> A while back, someone posted a recipe for a low carb brownie that
>> used almond flour, eggs, xanthan gum, and melted chocolate (not
>> cocoa). I think it had walnuts. I've googled and googled and can't
>> find it. Any help?

> I imagine it was this:
>
> MYRA'S CHOCOLATE-WALNUT BROWNIES
>

> 1/2 cup butter, softened
> 1 1/2 cups Splenda
> 2 eggs
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
> 2 tablespoons cream (or water or coffee)
> 1 cup almond flour
> 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
> Pinch salt
> 1 teaspoon baking soda
> 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
> 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
>

> Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 square pan.
>

> In a mixer, cream together the butter and Splenda. Add the eggs, one
> at a time, incorporating well. Add the vanilla and cream, blending
> well. In a small bowl, mix together the almond flour, xantham gum,
> salt and baking soda. Add the almond flour mixture to the butter
> mixture, alternating with the chocolate. Fold in the nuts. This
> makes a very stiff batter - almost dough-like.
>

> Spread the batter in the greased pan, and baking for about 12-13
> minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Cut into 16
> 1-inch squares.
>
> Makes 16 servings, 3.38 carbs per serving.

Yes! That's it. Thanks so much.

Member

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
A while back, someone posted a recipe for a low carb brownie that used
almond flour, eggs, xanthan gum, and melted chocolate (not cocoa). I think
it had walnuts. I've googled and googled and can't find it. Any help?
Hi,,,
Its quite difficult to guide you about the recipe like this.It is much better that you shall search your recipe at the ALLrecipe.com
Else post the name or main ingredient so that we can guide you.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Thanks, but we already found it.

"ChristopherNola" > wrote in
message . ..