Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What do I want for dinner?

Angela is home sick again. I thought she was getting over this bug but then
the big D hit. I wondered why she didn't get that because I had it and
everyone else I knew that had this thing had it too. But she came down with
it a couple days after I did. She was also throwing up which I never did.
So perhaps she had two things at once.

Guy came to the door trying to sell a service that I didn't need. He said I
was the fourth house in a row where a person answered in their jammies. I
didn't bother to get dressed because she is not going to dance tonight and I
can just put off wherever else I was going to go.

Angela ate the chicken and rice for lunch. She was going to take that to
dance class tonight. She doesn't want dinner at the moment and doesn't even
really know what she wants but perhaps a turkey wrap. I get these GF teff
wraps for her. They are like a huge tortilla. Put out by La Tortilla
Factory. They also make low carb wraps. I haven't tried either one. But I
do get their tortillas. I buy the wheat/corn mix for myself.

My dinner time is soon approaching and nothing sounds good to eat. I am not
really hungry either so that's good. But I don't want to let dinner lapse
much longer. I do have some jars of Italian bean soup. Maybe I'll try one
of those. I bought them to use as emergency food in case we got snowed in
this winter. But that didn't really happen. Okay it did for a few days but
we had plenty of food so didn't need to use the emergency stores.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i have been sick symptoms like angela's, only soft and warm will go down
decently and the only thing that makes me not hungry is protien, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Angela is home sick again. I thought she was getting over this bug but
> then the big D hit. I wondered why she didn't get that because I had it
> and everyone else I knew that had this thing had it too. But she came
> down with it a couple days after I did. She was also throwing up which I
> never did. So perhaps she had two things at once.
>
> Guy came to the door trying to sell a service that I didn't need. He said
> I was the fourth house in a row where a person answered in their jammies.
> I didn't bother to get dressed because she is not going to dance tonight
> and I can just put off wherever else I was going to go.
>
> Angela ate the chicken and rice for lunch. She was going to take that to
> dance class tonight. She doesn't want dinner at the moment and doesn't
> even really know what she wants but perhaps a turkey wrap. I get these GF
> teff wraps for her. They are like a huge tortilla. Put out by La
> Tortilla Factory. They also make low carb wraps. I haven't tried either
> one. But I do get their tortillas. I buy the wheat/corn mix for myself.
>
> My dinner time is soon approaching and nothing sounds good to eat. I am
> not really hungry either so that's good. But I don't want to let dinner
> lapse much longer. I do have some jars of Italian bean soup. Maybe I'll
> try one of those. I bought them to use as emergency food in case we got
> snowed in this winter. But that didn't really happen. Okay it did for a
> few days but we had plenty of food so didn't need to use the emergency
> stores.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i have been sick symptoms like angela's, only soft and warm will go down
>decently and the only thing that makes me not hungry is protien, Lee

We ate chicken soup for days. It was the only thing that seemed to make
sense. I am still not over this. Am very tired. And using some Kleenex
but not as much as I normally do. Husband has a horrid cough. Not sure if
he has the same thing we do or if he brought something new from CA.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>i have been sick symptoms like angela's, only soft and warm will go down
>>decently and the only thing that makes me not hungry is protien, Lee

> We ate chicken soup for days. It was the only thing that seemed to make
> sense. I am still not over this. Am very tired. And using some Kleenex
> but not as much as I normally do. Husband has a horrid cough. Not sure
> if he has the same thing we do or if he brought something new from CA.

I ended up having Beans Soup. Yep! That's what it was called. Something
imported from Italy. Angela wanted to try it. Probably not the best idea
given her condition. It was VERY good and she liked it too. I will have to
buy some more. Tomato base, white beans. Mostly beans. High in carbs, yes
but also high in fiber.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

[...]

Hi Julie,

It is terrible when everyone in the family is sick. There is no one left to
do the chores that must be done. So someone must do them even though they
are sick. If you are already nauseous, moving around to do the chores makes
it worse.

I certainly wish you all a speedy recovery. However, it sounds like this bug
or bugs is not in a speedy mood.

It was -10 F here this morning. I whined about it to a friend in Ontario. He
told me to stop whining, it was -28 F there. So far we have not gotten any
winter bugs.

Michael

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Boomer" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" wrote in message
>
> Angela is home sick again. I thought she was getting over this bug but
> then
> the big D hit. I wondered why she didn't get that because I had it and
> everyone else I knew that had this thing had it too. But she came down
> with
> it a couple days after I did. She was also throwing up which I never did.
> So perhaps she had two things at once.
>
> Guy came to the door trying to sell a service that I didn't need. He said
> was the fourth house in a row where a person answered in their jammies. I
> didn't bother to get dressed because she is not going to dance tonight and
> can just put off wherever else I was going to go.
>
> Angela ate the chicken and rice for lunch. She was going to take that to
> dance class tonight. She doesn't want dinner at the moment and doesn't
> even
> really know what she wants but perhaps a turkey wrap. I get these GF teff
> wraps for her. They are like a huge tortilla. Put out by La Tortilla
> Factory. They also make low carb wraps. I haven't tried either one. But
> do get their tortillas. I buy the wheat/corn mix for myself.
>
> My dinner time is soon approaching and nothing sounds good to eat. I am
> not
> really hungry either so that's good. But I don't want to let dinner lapse
> much longer. I do have some jars of Italian bean soup. Maybe I'll try
> one
> of those. I bought them to use as emergency food in case we got snowed in
> this winter. But that didn't really happen. Okay it did for a few days
> but
> we had plenty of food so didn't need to use the emergency stores.
>
> Hi Julie,
>
> It is terrible when everyone in the family is sick. There is no one left
> to do the chores that must be done. So someone must do them even though
> they are sick. If you are already nauseous, moving around to do the chores
> makes it worse.
>
> I certainly wish you all a speedy recovery. However, it sounds like this
> bug or bugs is not in a speedy mood.
>
> It was -10 F here this morning. I whined about it to a friend in Ontario.
> He told me to stop whining, it was -28 F there. So far we have not gotten
> any winter bugs.

Well, at least it's not cold here!