Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default I popped the sorghum!

The end result was sooo cute! Like dollhouse popcorn! And it tastes to
Angela and I just like popcorn. Alas, we didn't get very much of it. Maybe
2 T. each after it was popped. I used too much oil and not enough sorghum.
I wasn't sure how much it would expand. By the time I stuffed the paper
towel into the pan to absorb some of the oil, it was already popping.

I may have taken it from the heat too quickly as well. I thought it was
burning. It didn't taste burned though. Very tasty little addition to our
dinner of soup and salad.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> The end result was sooo cute! Like dollhouse popcorn! And it tastes to
> Angela and I just like popcorn. Alas, we didn't get very much of it.
> Maybe 2 T. each after it was popped. I used too much oil and not enough
> sorghum. I wasn't sure how much it would expand. By the time I stuffed
> the paper towel into the pan to absorb some of the oil, it was already
> popping.
>
> I may have taken it from the heat too quickly as well. I thought it was
> burning. It didn't taste burned though. Very tasty little addition to
> our dinner of soup and salad.

Can it be dry-popped in a microwave (either in a paperbag or a microwave
popcorn maker), like popcorn?

MaryL

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> The end result was sooo cute! Like dollhouse popcorn! And it tastes to
>> Angela and I just like popcorn. Alas, we didn't get very much of it.
>> Maybe 2 T. each after it was popped. I used too much oil and not enough
>> sorghum. I wasn't sure how much it would expand. By the time I stuffed
>> the paper towel into the pan to absorb some of the oil, it was already
>> popping.
>>
>> I may have taken it from the heat too quickly as well. I thought it was
>> burning. It didn't taste burned though. Very tasty little addition to
>> our dinner of soup and salad.
>>

> Can it be dry-popped in a microwave (either in a paperbag or a microwave
> popcorn maker), like popcorn?

I saw a discussion of this on some food forum when I did a search for how to
pop it. Some had success with a hot air popper but others said it just sat
there, clogging the mechanism and burning. I don't know about doing it in
the microwave. I think the problem is that the kernels are so small. You
have to shake the pan a lot to keep it from burning.

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Bove View Post
The end result was sooo cute! Like dollhouse popcorn! And it tastes to
Angela and I just like popcorn. Alas, we didn't get very much of it. Maybe
2 T. each after it was popped. I used too much oil and not enough sorghum.
I wasn't sure how much it would expand. By the time I stuffed the paper
towel into the pan to absorb some of the oil, it was already popping.

I may have taken it from the heat too quickly as well. I thought it was
burning. It didn't taste burned though. Very tasty little addition to our
dinner of soup and salad.
Haha ,well-done.maybe next time i can do just like you .
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> The end result was sooo cute! Like dollhouse popcorn! And it tastes to
>>> Angela and I just like popcorn. Alas, we didn't get very much of it.
>>> Maybe 2 T. each after it was popped. I used too much oil and not enough
>>> sorghum. I wasn't sure how much it would expand. By the time I stuffed
>>> the paper towel into the pan to absorb some of the oil, it was already
>>> popping.
>>>
>>> I may have taken it from the heat too quickly as well. I thought it was
>>> burning. It didn't taste burned though. Very tasty little addition to
>>> our dinner of soup and salad.
>>>

>> Can it be dry-popped in a microwave (either in a paperbag or a microwave
>> popcorn maker), like popcorn?

> I saw a discussion of this on some food forum when I did a search for how
> to pop it. Some had success with a hot air popper but others said it just
> sat there, clogging the mechanism and burning. I don't know about doing
> it in the microwave. I think the problem is that the kernels are so
> small. You have to shake the pan a lot to keep it from burning.

Okay, thanks. That's good to know.

MaryL

ring popped off dave Preserving 2 19-07-2012 01:45 PM
Carb count for popped sorghum Julie Bove Diabetic 11 08-02-2010 06:03 AM
Where can I buy already-popped, plain, unflavored popcorn? RiKK General Cooking 53 23-11-2004 07:33 AM
Nick Z's Popped Rice with Shrimp Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-06-2004 02:36 PM
Popped an airlock, ramifications? Tom Winemaking 3 27-11-2003 04:26 AM