Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default My Thanksgiving dinner

I roasted a 25 lb turkey stuffed with my celery walnut stuffing. Along
with it there we steamed broccoli, squash medley, mashed rutabaga,
garlic mashed potatoes, sugar-sweetened whole berry cranberry sauce, and
gravy.

For dessert my sibling-in-law baked *two* pies this year! One was his
usual delish pumpkin pie, and he also made his first pecan pie.

I had a little bit of everything and didn't bother testing, since I was
on my feet all day hefting heavy pans, but I sent away with my sister,
sibling-in-law, and niece all the leftover potatoes, squash, cranberry,
and pies except for servings saved out for my mother tonight and one
more piece of the pumpkin pie for me. Oh, and they got about 1/2 of the
leftover turkey.

This afternoon or tomorrow I'll make up a big batch of my sugar-free
cranberry sauce for me to eat with leftovers.

I hope everyone here had a good day.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>I roasted a 25 lb turkey stuffed with my celery walnut stuffing. Along
> with it there we steamed broccoli, squash medley, mashed rutabaga,
> garlic mashed potatoes, sugar-sweetened whole berry cranberry sauce, and
> gravy.
>
> For dessert my sibling-in-law baked *two* pies this year! One was his
> usual delish pumpkin pie, and he also made his first pecan pie.
>
> I had a little bit of everything and didn't bother testing, since I was
> on my feet all day hefting heavy pans, but I sent away with my sister,
> sibling-in-law, and niece all the leftover potatoes, squash, cranberry,
> and pies except for servings saved out for my mother tonight and one
> more piece of the pumpkin pie for me. Oh, and they got about 1/2 of the
> leftover turkey.
>
> This afternoon or tomorrow I'll make up a big batch of my sugar-free
> cranberry sauce for me to eat with leftovers.
>
> I hope everyone here had a good day.
>
> Priscilla

Wow, that sounds good Priscilla, glad you had a good one.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Sounds delicious but where's the roast potatoes?

Peppermint Patootie wrote:
> I roasted a 25 lb turkey stuffed with my celery walnut stuffing.
> Along with it there we steamed broccoli, squash medley, mashed
> rutabaga, garlic mashed potatoes, sugar-sweetened whole berry
> cranberry sauce, and gravy.
>
> For dessert my sibling-in-law baked *two* pies this year! One was his
> usual delish pumpkin pie, and he also made his first pecan pie.
>
> I had a little bit of everything and didn't bother testing, since I
> was on my feet all day hefting heavy pans, but I sent away with my
> sister, sibling-in-law, and niece all the leftover potatoes, squash,
> cranberry, and pies except for servings saved out for my mother
> tonight and one more piece of the pumpkin pie for me. Oh, and they
> got about 1/2 of the leftover turkey.
>
> This afternoon or tomorrow I'll make up a big batch of my sugar-free
> cranberry sauce for me to eat with leftovers.
>
> I hope everyone here had a good day.
>
> Priscilla

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Sounds delicious but where's the roast potatoes?

Here it is common to do roast potatoes with beef but mashed with turkey.
Don't ask me why.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
> I roasted a 25 lb turkey stuffed with my celery walnut stuffing. Along
> with it there we steamed broccoli, squash medley, mashed rutabaga,
> garlic mashed potatoes, sugar-sweetened whole berry cranberry sauce, and
> gravy.
>
> For dessert my sibling-in-law baked *two* pies this year! One was his
> usual delish pumpkin pie, and he also made his first pecan pie.
> [ . . . ]

That sure sounds good, Priscilla! For me, pecan pie was the BG killer, but
it tastes so good!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Sounds delicious but where's the roast potatoes?

: Here it is common to do roast potatoes with beef but mashed with turkey.
: Don't ask me why.

It's all that gravy! Great f rmaking volcanos:-) Kids have a great time
with this.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Sounds delicious but where's the roast potatoes?
>
> : Here it is common to do roast potatoes with beef but mashed with turkey.
> : Don't ask me why.
>
> It's all that gravy! Great f rmaking volcanos:-) Kids have a great time
> with this.
>
> Wendy

I speculated that this turkey was the best I've ever done, and my mother
asserted that the gravy was the best she had ever tasted! :-)

chuffed,

Priscilla the chef