Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Default PING Nicky

Hi, Nicky. Do you know how well Carbalose works with yeast? I'm thinking of
making a sourdough starter. Recipe sources? I found one yeast recipe on
their web site. They said there was also a sourdough recipe, but I couldn't
find it. I ordered a bread machine for my daughter. It'll be here this
week. Thanks!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On 01 Jun 2009 03:15:32 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Hi, Nicky. Do you know how well Carbalose works with yeast? I'm thinking of
>making a sourdough starter. Recipe sources? I found one yeast recipe on
>their web site. They said there was also a sourdough recipe, but I couldn't
>find it. I ordered a bread machine for my daughter. It'll be here this
>week. Thanks!

I'm still fiddling with it myself - with variable results; things seem
to have more a cake-y texture than a bread one. Taste's good though.

Krom might know better, he's been playing with it longer?

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Nicky > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
> >Hi, Nicky. Do you know how well Carbalose works with yeast? I'm thinking
> >of making a sourdough starter. Recipe sources? I found one yeast recipe
> >on their web site. They said there was also a sourdough recipe, but I
> >couldn't find it. I ordered a bread machine for my daughter. It'll be
> >here this week. Thanks!

> I'm still fiddling with it myself - with variable results; things seem
> to have more a cake-y texture than a bread one. Taste's good though.
>
> Krom might know better, he's been playing with it longer?

Thanks, Nicky. Maybe Krom'll jump into the thread.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Ping sf Janet B General Cooking 2 16-03-2015 08:05 PM
Pakora/Bhiaji (thanks Nicky) Ricavito Diabetic 1 31-05-2009 05:01 PM
Ping: Nicky Ozgirl Diabetic 5 06-10-2007 05:41 PM
Ping: Ya BUM kilikini General Cooking 4 20-07-2007 08:33 PM
PING: ANYONE! MoM General Cooking 18 03-12-2005 03:41 PM