Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Ping: Nicky

I can't find your flaxseed pancake recipe. Can you re-post it here please?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 09:12:16 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>I can't find your flaxseed pancake recipe. Can you re-post it here please?

I expect the original's morphed somewhat - I used to use a recipe from
Uncle Enrico, which was just a couple of T's of ground flax seed, an
egg, and enough water to make it a good texture.

These days I use up the last couple of Ts of my cereal mix in the same
way - that's about half-and-half flax seed balanced with ground
brazils and almonds, wheatgerm, coconut, maybe some sunflower or
pumpkin seeds, cinnamon to taste. Hmmm - breakfast time : )

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 09:12:16 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:
>
>>I can't find your flaxseed pancake recipe. Can you re-post it here please?
>>

> I expect the original's morphed somewhat - I used to use a recipe from
> Uncle Enrico, which was just a couple of T's of ground flax seed, an
> egg, and enough water to make it a good texture.
>
> These days I use up the last couple of Ts of my cereal mix in the same
> way - that's about half-and-half flax seed balanced with ground
> brazils and almonds, wheatgerm, coconut, maybe some sunflower or
> pumpkin seeds, cinnamon to taste. Hmmm - breakfast time : )

I still can't get my head around using it as a cereal but as a pancake, yes
Thanks.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Thanks Otis, that looks very tasty too.

"Otis" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 18:34:52 +1000, "Ozgirl" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Nicky" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 09:12:16 +1000, "Ozgirl"

>>> I expect the original's morphed somewhat - I used to use a recipe from
>>> Uncle Enrico, which was just a couple of T's of ground flax seed, an
>>> egg, and enough water to make it a good texture.
>>>
>>> These days I use up the last couple of Ts of my cereal mix in the same
>>> way - that's about half-and-half flax seed balanced with ground
>>> brazils and almonds, wheatgerm, coconut, maybe some sunflower or
>>> pumpkin seeds, cinnamon to taste. Hmmm - breakfast time : )

>>I still can't get my head around using it as a cereal but as a pancake,
>>yes
>> Thanks.
>>

> Ozgirl:
> Heres Uncle Enrico's post from 13/03/2006:
>

> I've tweaked the recipe and made a few changes. This is the updated
> version.
> I've reduced the amount of Tofu and added allspice. Asterisks mark the
> changes.
>
> Diabetic Friendly Pancakes
> Low Carb:
>
> Makes four 3 ½ inch pancakes
> 10-12 grams of net carb approximately
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 5 to 6 Tbsp. Soy flour (Whole Foods market)
> 3 Tbsp. Tofu (soft) *
> 1/4 cup Egg Beaters or 1 whole egg
> 3 Oz. (7 Tbsps.) Soy Milk-unsweetened, low carb 6 grams or less per cup
> 1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
> 1/4 Tsp. Allspice *
> pinch of salt
> 2 dashes of ground nutmeg
> 3 packets of Splenda
>
> Topping:
> Maple Grove Farms Cozy Cottage Sugar Free Syrup.
> Or food process half frozen blueberries or strawberries to create a fruit
> sorbet topping. ( The fruit sorbet will add carbs)
>

> Directions:
>
> Using a food processor, blend all ingredients except for the syrup.
> Spoon batter into a non-stick frying pan coated with canola oil.
>
> Cook at very low heat and covered for approximately 3 minutes and then
> flip
> the cakes. Keep checking to avoid burning. Before flipping, the top of
> the
> uncooked side of the cake should lose its shine and look dull. Don't
> expect
> to see bubbling.
>
> Note: you may have to adjust either the amount of soy milk or the soy
> flour
> to get the batter to spread properly.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Uncle Enrico
>

> Otis

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky wrote in message ...
>On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 09:12:16 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:
>
>>I can't find your flaxseed pancake recipe. Can you re-post it here

please?

>I expect the original's morphed somewhat - I used to use a recipe

from
>Uncle Enrico, which was just a couple of T's of ground flax seed, an
>egg, and enough water to make it a good texture.

That's what I do, works great.

Cheri

Ping sf Janet B General Cooking 2 16-03-2015 08:05 PM
PING Nicky Nick Cramer Diabetic 2 02-06-2009 06:59 AM
Pakora/Bhiaji (thanks Nicky) Ricavito Diabetic 1 31-05-2009 05:01 PM
Ping: Ya BUM kilikini General Cooking 4 20-07-2007 08:33 PM
PING: ANYONE! MoM General Cooking 18 03-12-2005 03:41 PM