Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Mmmm soup!

Angela doesn't know what she is missing. A few weeks ago she declared that
she didn't want anything soupy and she hasn't had any since.

I made the "Clean out the refrigerator" soup tonight and this time added a
can of black beans as well as kidney beans. I felt the soup needed more
protein. I cooked up 3 pounds of ground beef last night. Used some in
pasta sauce, froze some for later use and apparently didn't leave enough out
for the soup.

I wasn't sure how well this would go over because husband isn't overly fond
of beans except for the canned small red beans. I like most beans but those
are just overly salty for me and I find I can't eat them even in soup, even
if they've been rinsed. The only ones I can find here are the Western
Family brand. Normally I love that brand. They make the best vegetarian
refried beans. But I digress...

Anyway, this is really good soup. Also has tomatoes, onion, celery,
carrots, zucchini, red peppers and green beans.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> Angela doesn't know what she is missing. A few weeks ago she declared
> that she didn't want anything soupy and she hasn't had any since.
>
> I made the "Clean out the refrigerator" soup tonight and this time added
> a can of black beans as well as kidney beans. I felt the soup needed
> more protein. I cooked up 3 pounds of ground beef last night. Used some
> in pasta sauce, froze some for later use and apparently didn't leave
> enough out for the soup.
>
> I wasn't sure how well this would go over because husband isn't overly
> fond of beans except for the canned small red beans. I like most beans
> but those are just overly salty for me and I find I can't eat them even
> in soup, even if they've been rinsed. The only ones I can find here are
> the Western Family brand. Normally I love that brand. They make the
> best vegetarian refried beans. But I digress...
>
> Anyway, this is really good soup. Also has tomatoes, onion, celery,
> carrots, zucchini, red peppers and green beans.

Angela's loss is your gain, eh? Soup sounds good. I love black beans! Jun
uses ground pork instead of ground beef. No problemo for me. I'd probably
add some garlic and hot chiles to it.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Brunch Mmmm koko General Cooking 10 16-08-2014 09:26 PM
Mmmm it's Albondigas Soup time koko General Cooking 14 14-11-2010 08:58 PM
Mmmm ... MUFFIN MANIA ... mmmM brooklyn1 General Cooking 5 23-11-2009 10:28 PM
Mmmm cybercat General Cooking 47 20-05-2006 05:07 PM