Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Mmmm soup!

Angela doesn't know what she is missing. A few weeks ago she declared that
she didn't want anything soupy and she hasn't had any since.

I made the "Clean out the refrigerator" soup tonight and this time added a
can of black beans as well as kidney beans. I felt the soup needed more
protein. I cooked up 3 pounds of ground beef last night. Used some in
pasta sauce, froze some for later use and apparently didn't leave enough out
for the soup.

I wasn't sure how well this would go over because husband isn't overly fond
of beans except for the canned small red beans. I like most beans but those
are just overly salty for me and I find I can't eat them even in soup, even
if they've been rinsed. The only ones I can find here are the Western
Family brand. Normally I love that brand. They make the best vegetarian
refried beans. But I digress...

Anyway, this is really good soup. Also has tomatoes, onion, celery,
carrots, zucchini, red peppers and green beans.