Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Quick help needed.

I am packing the RV for the summer 5 month wander. I make home-made
low-carb soup with a lot of leftover meats and veg. I have a box in the
freezer of soup base.

My mental block is which has more carbs; one Tbsp of pearl barley, or an
equal amount of ouzo ( both raw).

Many thanks

Gillian ( DH had his check-up today, and the A1C was 6.2..so the doc
sent DH off with his blessing.)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Gill Murray > wrote:

: I am packing the RV for the summer 5 month wander. I make home-made
: low-carb soup with a lot of leftover meats and veg. I have a box in the
: freezer of soup base.

: My mental block is which has more carbs; one Tbsp of pearl barley, or an
: equal amount of ouzo ( both raw).

: Many thanks

Do you mean ORZO, the little rice looking pasta? Ouzo is a Medeterranian
liqorishy flavored strong drink:-) I don't know the carb count but the
barley is lower GI adn, generally, doesn't spike me in modest quantities.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Gill Murray" > wrote in message

> I am packing the RV for the summer 5 month wander. I make home-made
> low-carb soup with a lot of leftover meats and veg. I have a box in the
> freezer of soup base.
>
> My mental block is which has more carbs; one Tbsp of pearl barley, or an
> equal amount of ouzo ( both raw).

I'd go with the Ouzo, that way you won't even care what the bg's are