Tiger Lily

Default Salmon Recipe Needed

http://www.melindalee.com/recipearch...=124&item_id=8

--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk
More info: http://www.diabetic-talk.org/

"Dontspamme" > wrote in message
> Greetings all,
>
> I need the recipe for crispy salmon skin salad. My mother always
> made it for us and unless I go to a restaurant don't usually have it.
> Such a great salad for summer and has so much to it.
> Thanks

Alan

On Mon, 17 May 2004 19:06:52 -0700, Dontspamme >
wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I need the recipe for crispy salmon skin salad. My mother always
>made it for us and unless I go to a restaurant don't usually have it.
>Such a great salad for summer and has so much to it.
> Thanks

To be honest, I have never heard of the salad you mention. However, I
cook salmon to get a crispy skin effect as follows; maybe you could
cook it this way, let it cool and have the salmon with a salad of your
choosing.

I'm too impatient, and eat it hot - with or without salad.

Chop up a herbs mix - I use a little basil, rosemary and mint from the
garden. Add a chopped hot small chili.

Take your piece of salmon and score the skin with a sharp knife. I score
the skin diagonally, roughly 2cm (3/4") to 2.5 cm (1") apart; not too
deep, but make sure you cut the skin through to the flesh. Rub the
herb/chili mix over the skin and, to a lesser extent, over the rest of
the fillet.

Dredge the fish lightly in flour, being careful not ot lose the herbs on
the surface. I occasionally add about a quarter buckwheat flour to the
wheat flour.

Shallow fry in canola, peanut or olive oil; make sure the oil is
suitably hot but not smoking before starting to fry, and commence with
the skin side down. Turn when the skin is crisp, reduce heat a little,
and cook until the salmon is done. Do not overcook.

Drain the fillet on kitchen paper, and sprinkle lightly with a citrus
squeeze (lime or lemon) before serving.

Bon Appetit.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Dontspamme

Alan wrote:
> On Mon, 17 May 2004 19:06:52 -0700, Dontspamme >
> wrote:
>

>> Greetings all,
>>
>> I need the recipe for crispy salmon skin salad. My mother always
>>made it for us and unless I go to a restaurant don't usually have it.
>>Such a great salad for summer and has so much to it.

Thank you for the recipe.
The recipe I write about is a Japanese staple food served with eel
and some very lovely sea urchin roe.
Perhaps you have not had this. Any really good Japanese restaurant
serves this.
There is a lot of preparation as you have to dry the skin in the sun
first just like you dry salmon whole. That may take several days and
then soaking it etc. I just don't have the complete recipe. Guess I
will have to pull out my Japanese language cooking books.
Kilty

Tiger Lily

KARI KARI SAMON NO SARADA

http://oishii-web.hp.infoseek.co.jp/.../karikarie.htm

--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk
More info: http://www.diabetic-talk.org/

"Dontspamme" > wrote in message
> Alan wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 May 2004 19:06:52 -0700, Dontspamme >
> > wrote:
> >

> >> Greetings all,
> >>
> >> I need the recipe for crispy salmon skin salad. My mother always
> >>made it for us and unless I go to a restaurant don't usually have it.
> >>Such a great salad for summer and has so much to it.

> Thank you for the recipe.
> The recipe I write about is a Japanese staple food served with eel
> and some very lovely sea urchin roe.
> Perhaps you have not had this. Any really good Japanese restaurant
> serves this.
> There is a lot of preparation as you have to dry the skin in the sun
> first just like you dry salmon whole. That may take several days and
> then soaking it etc. I just don't have the complete recipe. Guess I
> will have to pull out my Japanese language cooking books.
> Kilty

Dontspamme

Tiger Lily wrote:
> KARI KARI SAMON NO SARADA
>
> http://oishii-web.hp.infoseek.co.jp/.../karikarie.htm

Also a nice recipe for Mushi Inari there.

The salmon recipe looks strange as garlic is not used nor us rosemary
used. Strange.
Thank you,
Kilty