MH

Default All-Clad LTD Nonstick Grille Pan or Analon

Saw both pans. Which is better? Analon has a glass cover and it a bit
higher, All clad's teflon looks better.

Vox Humana

"MH" > wrote in message news:xLePc.1529$lD5.1189@trndny03...
> Saw both pans. Which is better? Analon has a glass cover and it a bit
> higher, All clad's teflon looks better.

I can't see using a lid on a grill pan. I also don't think that Teflon
makes any sense. I would get a cast iron grill pan and season it well. Save
you money for something else.

Vox Humana

"MH" > wrote in message news:xLePc.1529$lD5.1189@trndny03...
> Saw both pans. Which is better? Analon has a glass cover and it a bit
> higher, All clad's teflon looks better.

I can't see using a lid on a grill pan. I also don't think that Teflon
makes any sense. I would get a cast iron grill pan and season it well. Save
you money for something else.

MH

These run at $50.00. What cast iron would you recommend?
"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "MH" > wrote in message

> > Saw both pans. Which is better? Analon has a glass cover and it a bit
> > higher, All clad's teflon looks better.
> >

> I can't see using a lid on a grill pan. I also don't think that Teflon
> makes any sense. I would get a cast iron grill pan and season it well.

Save
> you money for something else.

MH

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "MH" > wrote in message

> > Saw both pans. Which is better? Analon has a glass cover and it a bit
> > higher, All clad's teflon looks better.
> >

> I can't see using a lid on a grill pan. I also don't think that Teflon
> makes any sense. I would get a cast iron grill pan and season it well.

Save
> you money for something else.

Vox Humana

"MH" > wrote in message news:0TfPc.3237$%J6.340@trndny07...
> These run at $50.00. What cast iron would you recommend?
> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message

Lodge makes a couple nice cast iron grill pans for about $15- maybe less at
Wal-Mart. For some reason, Lodge's website doesn't show them, but you can
see them he http://www.redhillgeneralstore.com/lgrillpans.htm

You could probably get one at any discount store -- sporting goods store
should have them also. I like to pre-heat mine really well, and then put
the meat on it. That's something you shouldn't do with non-stick coatings.
For thick cuts, I like to get the pan smoking hot, sear the meat and the put
the pan in a hot oven to finish it. That's also something you shouldn't do
with Teflon.

Vox Humana

"MH" > wrote in message news:0TfPc.3237$%J6.340@trndny07...
> These run at $50.00. What cast iron would you recommend?
> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message

Lodge makes a couple nice cast iron grill pans for about $15- maybe less at
Wal-Mart. For some reason, Lodge's website doesn't show them, but you can
see them he http://www.redhillgeneralstore.com/lgrillpans.htm

You could probably get one at any discount store -- sporting goods store
should have them also. I like to pre-heat mine really well, and then put
the meat on it. That's something you shouldn't do with non-stick coatings.
For thick cuts, I like to get the pan smoking hot, sear the meat and the put
the pan in a hot oven to finish it. That's also something you shouldn't do
with Teflon.

pltrgyst

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 23:10:21 GMT, "MH" > wrote:

>Saw both pans. Which is better? Analon has a glass cover and it a bit
>higher, All clad's teflon looks better.

Find a left-over (now discontinued) Calphalon Commercial nonstick -- it's better
than either of your above choices.

-- Larry

pltrgyst