Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Indonesian-Style Salmon Grille

Ingredients :

6 oz beer - (abt 1/2 can)
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 tbl sugar
2 tbl oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp ground ginger
1 green onion - (to 3) sliced
1 1/2 lb salmon fillets or steaks - (to 2 1/2 lbs)

Directions :

Blend together all ingredients except green onions and salmon. Place
salmon in shallow baking dish; pour marinade over. Cover and
refrigerate at least one hour.
Remove from marinade and transfer salmon to sheet of heavy-duty foil,
cut about 2 inches larger than fish all around; bend edges up to make
lip around fish.

Sprinkle green onions over salmon.
Cook salmon on hot grill, but not directly over heat source (coals or
gas). Cover grill and open vents. Cook about 20 to 30 minutes, until
fish is opaque and flakes easily.

This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.

Source: http://indonesianfood-recipe.blogspot.com/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 10, 6:04*am, "indonesianfood-recipe.blogspot.com"

Wow, sounds "authentic". <rollseyes>

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>Ingredients :
>
>6 oz beer - (abt 1/2 can)

<perk> There's 1/2 can of beer leftover?

-Zz
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 10, 8:04*am, "indonesianfood-recipe.blogspot.com"
> wrote:
> Ingredients :
>
> 6 oz beer - (abt 1/2 can)
> 1/2 cup orange marmalade
> 1/2 cup soy sauce
> 3 tbl sugar
> 2 tbl oil
> 2 tsp minced garlic
> 1 tsp ground ginger
> 1 green onion - (to 3) sliced
> 1 1/2 lb salmon fillets or steaks - (to 2 1/2 lbs)
>
> Directions :
>
> Blend together all ingredients except green onions and salmon. Place
> salmon in shallow baking dish; pour marinade over. Cover and
> refrigerate at least one hour.
> Remove from marinade and transfer salmon to sheet of heavy-duty foil,
> cut about 2 inches larger than fish all around; bend edges up to make
> lip around fish.
>
> Sprinkle green onions over salmon.
> Cook salmon on hot grill, but not directly over heat source (coals or
> gas). Cover grill and open vents. Cook about 20 to 30 minutes, until
> fish is opaque and flakes easily.
>
> This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
>
> Source:http://indonesianfood-recipe.blogspot.com/

20-30 minutes? ??

Great if you want salmon jerkey. Make mine 4-6 minutes a side, still
a bit translucent in the middle.
Ingredients do look good though. Nice flavor combo.
Pierre

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 10, 5:33*pm, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:
> "Tutall" > wrote in message

> On Mar 10, 6:04 am, "indonesianfood-recipe.blogspot.com"
>
> >Wow, sounds "authentic". <rollseyes>

> Indonesian salmon. Amazing. Maybe the tsunami brought it in.
>
> MartyB in KC

I have an old Indonesian family recipe for Moose, and guess what? It
includes soy, ginger, garlic and coconut milk.

Real indonesian stuff, honest!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 06:04:18 -0700 (PDT),
"indonesianfood-recipe.blogspot.com" > wrote:

I just made Raichlen's "Maple Mustard Salmon", which is more Asian
than it sounds (soy, ginger, sesame oil).

VERY good, the crowd said. Me too.

-Zz
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 12, 12:11*pm, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:
> "Zz Yzx" > wrote in message

> > On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 06:04:18 -0700 (PDT),
> > "indonesianfood-recipe.blogspot.com" > wrote:

> > I just made Raichlen's "Maple Mustard Salmon", which is more Asian
> > than it sounds (soy, ginger, sesame oil).

> > VERY good, the crowd said. *Me too.

> Maybe its just me, I already said I had doubts about the flavor of orange
> marmalade and salmon but have never tried it. I have tried salmon cooked in
> a smoker with a maple glaze though and it just puts me off for some reason,
> just doesn't seem to be a complimentary flavor, but rather competing in a
> way that doesn't complement either. Maybe the proportions are just wrong, I
> don't know, I usually get it even if I don't care for it, but in this case I
> just didn't get it at all.
>
> MartyB in KC

Wild Pacific salmon is one of my favorite meats, but as it's becoming
a rare/expensive commodity even in Cali. I'm loathe to mask it's
flavors with anything. Atlantic (farmed) salmon, now that's a whole
different story. It needs the help.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>Maybe its just me, I already said I had doubts about the flavor of orange
>marmalade and salmon but have never tried it. I have tried salmon cooked in
>a smoker with a maple glaze though and it just puts me off for some reason,
>just doesn't seem to be a complimentary flavor, but rather competing in a
>way that doesn't complement either.

This was grilled over a pretty hot fire. And the soy, sesame oil, and
ginger prevailed over the maple. And, it made for interesting change
from the usual lemon butter.

> Maybe the proportions are just wrong, I
>don't know, I usually get it even if I don't care for it, but in this case I
>just didn't get it at all.

There's no accounting for taste, or reason to try. Eat what you like!

-Zz

Can't grille or barbecue Bob-tx[_3_] Barbecue 38 23-09-2011 12:19 PM
Chinese-Style Baked Salmon Trout James Lanka Recipes (moderated) 0 04-01-2009 08:15 PM
Moroccan Style Salmon Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-06-2005 02:08 PM
Salmon & Seasoned Rice - Iron Chef Style Preston Pittman Recipes (moderated) 0 19-03-2005 02:59 AM