Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Scallion pancakes on the grille

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ke-recipe.html

Rolling and re-rolling the scallion pancakes twice produces four to five
times as many flaky layers as a traditional recipe. Using the grill to
cook the pancakes produces crisp, charred, flavorful results.

For the Pancakes:
2 cups (about 10 ounces) all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting work
surface
1 cup (8 ounces) boiling water
Up to 1/4 cup toasted sesame seed oil
2 cups thinly sliced scallion greens
Kosher salt
For the Dipping Sauce:
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons Chinkiang or rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon finely sliced scallion greens
1/2 teaspoon grated or slivered fresh ginger
2 teaspoons sugar

These babies will go in my horno, cooked naan/pizza style...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 10:18:07 -0700, el dia del Cristo >
wrote:

> http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ke-recipe.html

<snip>

> These babies will go in my horno, cooked naan/pizza style...

I had to look up "horno". We used to call them beehive ovens.

Horno (Spanish) is a mud adobe-built outdoor oven used by Native
Americans and early settlers of North America.

I never put one in for myself because wood fuel is so expensive.
These days, people use chimineas anyway. My son cooks naan pizzas in
his. One of these days, I'll get him to try a real dough pizza in it.
I think the problem (for him) is the pizza cooking area is so small
and they're a family of 4.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 10:18:07 -0700, el dia del Cristo >
> wrote:
>
>> http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ke-recipe.html
>>

> <snip>
>>
>> These babies will go in my horno, cooked naan/pizza style...

> I had to look up "horno". We used to call them beehive ovens.

That's it!

> Horno (Spanish) is a mud adobe-built outdoor oven used by Native
> Americans and early settlers of North America.

Yep.

http://www.rootsimple.com/2012/05/ou...w-we-built-it/

> I never put one in for myself because wood fuel is so expensive.
> These days, people use chimineas anyway. My son cooks naan pizzas in
> his. One of these days, I'll get him to try a real dough pizza in it.
> I think the problem (for him) is the pizza cooking area is so small
> and they're a family of 4.

Round here we go after pecan orchard and apple orchard trimmings.

South for the former. North for the latter.

Scallion pancakes on the grill [email protected][_2_] General Cooking 1 23-06-2015 09:24 PM
Scallion Pancakes Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 07-06-2006 08:47 AM
scallion pancakes Tim Recipes 0 02-04-2005 01:28 AM
Rec: Matzo Scallion Pancakes Siobhan Perricone General Cooking 0 24-12-2004 03:32 PM