Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Looking for docs and or wiring diagrams

Hello all,

I have been asked to troubleshoot and repair a Bakery Dough Spiral Mixer.
The problem is that the owner does not have any docs or wiring diagrams on
the unit. So far I have found out the manufacturer was sold out to another
company. Found www.moline.com but they no longer have the spiral mixer as
part of there product line. Still searching but was thinking that someone
here might be able to shed some light.

Here is what I know.

Then name plate has the following.

Mfg: Moline (May have been purchased by ACME (something)
Model # BA302

The unit operates on 208vac There is a timer installed that is supposed to
start the unit in a low speed for say 60 seconds(1 minute) and then high
speed for 300 seconds(5 minutes) and then stop.

The biggest problem here is that the timer has lost its labels. So there is
way of knowing what each button is doing when pressed.

The timer has 3 seven segment LEDs and 6 buttons below in two rows of 3
each. Since the label is missing I do not have a manufactures name but
there is an imprint of what I think is a model # on the case which is
8X450A6 MOD1.

The minimum that I am hoping for here is if someone can point me in a
direction to find a source. The next would be if someone would recognize
the model # of the timer and add a manufacturer name to unit.

The best would be if someone could post or email me the wiring diagram for
this thing. Well that would be pushing things a bit.

The way I see it is I had to give this a shot. Maybe I can get
lucky.............................

Thank in Advance.

Les

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"ABLE_1" > wrote in message
> The unit operates on 208vac There is a timer installed that is supposed
> start the unit in a low speed for say 60 seconds(1 minute) and then high
> speed for 300 seconds(5 minutes) and then stop.
>
> The biggest problem here is that the timer has lost its labels. So there
> is
> way of knowing what each button is doing when pressed.
>
> The timer has 3 seven segment LEDs and 6 buttons below in two rows of 3
> each. Since the label is missing I do not have a manufactures name but
> there is an imprint of what I think is a model # on the case which is
> 8X450A6 MOD1.

Hi Les
I can't help you with your request for a wiring diagram. But the general
form of your problem - an expensive piece of equipment consisting
essentially essentially of a heavy duty electrical motor (three phase?) and
a controller needing repair. An experienced technician can readily
determine whether it is the motor or not. If it's just the motor,
replacement or rebuilding are always options - no wiring diagram needed.

And the controller that you describe is also fairly simple in function,
though it may look like a tangle of confused looking spaghetti. If the
controller is of an electromechanical nature, a good tech can often
determine what is wrong - again without a wiring diagram.

Sometimes the amount of troubleshooting and repair that can be done on older
equipment without the benefit of a wiring diagram is amazing. Newer
equipment is another story entirely...

Anon