Posted to rec.food.equipment
anon anon is offline

Default Looking for docs and or wiring diagrams

"ABLE_1" > wrote in message
> The unit operates on 208vac There is a timer installed that is supposed
> start the unit in a low speed for say 60 seconds(1 minute) and then high
> speed for 300 seconds(5 minutes) and then stop.
>
> The biggest problem here is that the timer has lost its labels. So there
> is
> way of knowing what each button is doing when pressed.
>
> The timer has 3 seven segment LEDs and 6 buttons below in two rows of 3
> each. Since the label is missing I do not have a manufactures name but
> there is an imprint of what I think is a model # on the case which is
> 8X450A6 MOD1.

Hi Les
I can't help you with your request for a wiring diagram. But the general
form of your problem - an expensive piece of equipment consisting
essentially essentially of a heavy duty electrical motor (three phase?) and
a controller needing repair. An experienced technician can readily
determine whether it is the motor or not. If it's just the motor,
replacement or rebuilding are always options - no wiring diagram needed.

And the controller that you describe is also fairly simple in function,
though it may look like a tangle of confused looking spaghetti. If the
controller is of an electromechanical nature, a good tech can often
determine what is wrong - again without a wiring diagram.

Sometimes the amount of troubleshooting and repair that can be done on older
equipment without the benefit of a wiring diagram is amazing. Newer
equipment is another story entirely...

Anon