Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default diagrams for cooking

27 diagrams to make cooking easier - click on one to enlarge
http://www.architecturendesign.net/2...o-much-easier/

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/8/2015 3:32 PM, sf wrote:

> 27 diagrams to make cooking easier - click on one to enlarge
> http://www.architecturendesign.net/2...o-much-easier/

Rather good even if I can't agree completely with all of them.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/8/2015 2:32 PM, sf wrote:

> 27 diagrams to make cooking easier - click on one to enlarge
> http://www.architecturendesign.net/2...o-much-easier/

This website has so much information, thanks for sharing this with us. I
have never done "the pinch" when using a chef's knife, but I will do it
the next time... if only I will remember.

I will share this with my children, nieces and nephews.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 08 Feb 2015 15:37:55 -0500, James Silverton
> wrote:

> On 2/8/2015 3:32 PM, sf wrote:
> >
> > 27 diagrams to make cooking easier - click on one to enlarge
> > http://www.architecturendesign.net/2...o-much-easier/
> >

> Rather good even if I can't agree completely with all of them.

It's against human nature to agree with everything.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-02-08 20:32:59 +0000, sf said:

> 27 diagrams to make cooking easier - click on one to enlarge
> http://www.architecturendesign.net/2...o-much-easier/

Cool way (#3) to test meat done-ness.
--
Food good! Fire BAD!! - Frankenstein's Monster

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 08 Feb 2015 16:05:25 -0600, Becca EmaNymton
> wrote:

> On 2/8/2015 2:32 PM, sf wrote:
> >
> > 27 diagrams to make cooking easier - click on one to enlarge
> > http://www.architecturendesign.net/2...o-much-easier/
> >

> This website has so much information, thanks for sharing this with us. I
> have never done "the pinch" when using a chef's knife, but I will do it
> the next time... if only I will remember.
>
> I will share this with my children, nieces and nephews.

YW I'm trying to teach it to my grandchildren. My grip is similar
but not on the blade itself very often. I probably would if I used
larger knives, but I use knifes that fit the size of my hand, so I
don't need to wrestle with them to keep them under control.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 8 Feb 2015 15:02:15 -0800, Glutton > wrote:

> On 2015-02-08 20:32:59 +0000, sf said:
>
> > 27 diagrams to make cooking easier - click on one to enlarge
> > http://www.architecturendesign.net/2...o-much-easier/
> >

> Cool way (#3) to test meat done-ness.

There are several variations, but it's still a good way to train
yourself to know what the meat feels like when it's done to your
liking.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 4:33:41 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Feb 2015 15:02:15 -0800, Glutton > wrote:
>
> > On 2015-02-08 20:32:59 +0000, sf said:
> >
> > > 27 diagrams to make cooking easier - click on one to enlarge
> > > http://www.architecturendesign.net/2...o-much-easier/
> > >

> > Cool way (#3) to test meat done-ness.

> There are several variations, but it's still a good way to train
> yourself to know what the meat feels like when it's done to your
> liking.

I'm sure most cooks intuitively know to what stage their meat is cooked to.
Feeling my meat while cooking never entered my mind.
======
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/9/2015 1:09 PM, Roy wrote:

> Feeling my meat while cooking never entered my mind.

After dinner then?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 11:25:37 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/9/2015 1:09 PM, Roy wrote:
>
> > Feeling my meat while cooking never entered my mind.

> After dinner then?

LOL...perhaps.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

That's a pretty nice offering of info - and FREE, too. I'm so sick of clicking on miracle sites, only to find I have to listen to a 39 min. spiel, or subscribe to something.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 14:54:37 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
> wrote:

> That's a pretty nice offering of info - and FREE, too. I'm so sick of clicking on miracle sites, only to find I have to listen to a 39 min. spiel, or subscribe to something.

YW.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-02-09 18:09:00 +0000, Roy said:

> On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 4:33:41 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:

>>> Cool way (#3) to test meat done-ness.

>> There are several variations, but it's still a good way to train
>> yourself to know what the meat feels like when it's done to your
>> liking.
>>

> I'm sure most cooks intuitively know to what stage their meat is cooked to.
> Feeling my meat while cooking never entered my mind.

Newsflash: Not everybody is as experienced as you.
--
Food good! Fire BAD!! - Frankenstein's Monster