Old 07-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Clive Long,UK

Default Dualit 4 slice toaster wiring diagram

Hi,

Can someone post a wiring diagram (or point to a reference) for
Dualit toasters, specifically the 4-slice model? The rocker switches
result in a strange combination of elements being powered and I can't
work out how to switch around the various cables or bars inside. Had
this problem since new and only now getting round to fixing - it's out
of warranty and I am too mean to pay 30 for a 5 minute job.

Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
or gotchas to do this swap??

Thanks

Clive

Old 07-02-2004, 08:16 PM

Clive Long,UK wrote:

Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
or gotchas to do this swap??

Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
since they are very inexpensive to begin with.

Old 07-02-2004, 09:38 PM
WiScottsin

wrote in message ...
Clive Long,UK wrote:

Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
or gotchas to do this swap??

Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
since they are very inexpensive to begin with.

Perhaps he wants to fix it. You know, some people do find enjoyment and
satisfatction with tinkering/repairing things. Perhaps the toaster is a
very expensive model. Perhaps he was brought up by parents that taught him
to make things last, to take care of what you own.

Sorry, OP - I don't have a diagram for you, but good luck with the unit.

Old 08-02-2004, 04:00 AM
Wayne Boatwright

wrote in :

Clive Long,UK wrote:

Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
or gotchas to do this swap??

Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
since they are very inexpensive to begin with.

If you consider 90-150 ($115-$190) very inexpensive for a toaster, then I
wish I had your income! Dualit is *not* a $10-$15 Proctor-Silex. They are
built like appliances used to be built in the US...meant to last a virtual
lifetime.

I'm still using my parents' GE toaster that was built in 1937. It still
toasts and looks great, but those days are long gone, and that quality
rarely exists in the mass-produced US brands. Of course, most of these are
made in China, Taiwan, Mexico, or some other country where labor is cheap.

Wayne

Old 08-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Clive Long,UK

wrote in message ...
Clive Long,UK wrote:

Also I am replacing one of the inner heating elements - where the
wire has fractured near the connection point. Any special manoeuveurs
or gotchas to do this swap??

Why not just buy a new toaster? Unless your time is worthless, you
will probably save on time and money by simply buying a new toaster
since they are very inexpensive to begin with.

Perhaps he wants to fix it.

YES

Old 26-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Member

I have an old Dualit 4 slice I found on the street and am reconditioning. To be honest I can't be bothered to draw a wiring diagram, but if you want to send me yours I can feed back on how my circuit might differ from yours!

Alternatively have a gander at this photo, may be of help. The switch is on for 1 slice, the timer switch is rotated approx 90 degrees anticlockwise from its installed upright position.

Good luck with your toasting!

Aaron
Attached Thumbnails
Dualit 4 slice toaster wiring diagram-100_0372.jpg