Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Any Microwave Ovens with quiet or prgrammable chim levels????

Hello, new to the NG.

We are looking for a new microwave that has either a quiet or
programmable to the "off" posiiton "chim" (the audible signal either
when entering commands or upon completion of cycles.)

This is a key requirement in our houshold of "soft sleepers"

Any recommendation please??????

Cheers,
Rob

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Any Microwave Ovens with quiet or programmable chime levels????

Please see corrected spelling.....
ShirazBop wrote:
> Hello, new to the NG.
>
> We are looking for a new microwave that has either a quiet or
> programmable to the "off" posiiton "chime" (the audible signal either
> when entering commands or upon completion of cycles.)
>
> This is a key requirement in our houshold of "soft sleepers."
>
> Any recommendation please??????
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

Posted to rec.food.equipment

ShirazBop wrote:
> Please see corrected spelling.....
> ShirazBop wrote:
>> Hello, new to the NG.
>>
>> We are looking for a new microwave that has either a quiet or
>> programmable to the "off" posiiton "chime" (the audible signal either
>> when entering commands or upon completion of cycles.)
>>
>> This is a key requirement in our houshold of "soft sleepers."
>>
>> Any recommendation please??????
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rob

my GE micro-convection, model JVM1790SK has that but it's
not cheap. I'm sure that other GE's have the same feature.

WHile I've never had one, I'd be surprised it the Sharps
didn't have it as well.

--
Steve
Posted to rec.food.equipment

I have an old Sharp that can dissable the loud beeps.

Check their web site to see if they still make one that does.

Bruce

On 1 Sep 2006 20:50:44 -0700, "ShirazBop" >
wrote:

>Hello, new to the NG.
>
>We are looking for a new microwave that has either a quiet or
>programmable to the "off" posiiton "chim" (the audible signal either
>when entering commands or upon completion of cycles.)
>
>This is a key requirement in our houshold of "soft sleepers"
>
>Any recommendation please??????
>
>Cheers,
> Rob

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Steve and Bruce, thank you both very much for the suggestions. This
helps us narrow the search considerably.

Appreciate your replies.

Best Regards,
Rob

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 09:24:14 -0400, Bruce K.
> wrote:

>>This is a key requirement in our houshold of "soft sleepers"
>>
>>Any recommendation please?

Life continues 36 hours a day. Some things in life, we really have
to get used to. I would suggest that you head to Walgreens and buy
ear plugs...available in all sizes, hopefully, this world will not
stop rotating because of your "soft sleepers". What in the hell is
a soft sleeper?