Denise G.

Default convection/microwave ovens

I need a new microwave oven. I have seen some with a convention oven.
Is it worth the extra money to have both in one? Do they work well? Are
they gimmicky or a good idea?

Denise in NH

JimLane

Denise G. wrote:
> I need a new microwave oven. I have seen some with a convention oven.
> Is it worth the extra money to have both in one? Do they work well? Are
> they gimmicky or a good idea?
>
> Denise in NH

Didn't we just answer this same question? I love my Panasonic Dimension.

jim
Bob

JA wrote:

> I have had my Sharp Carousel Convection Oven (microwave) for over 10
> years now, and I would never want to be without one. For oven roasting
> or baking, I use it's convection oven feature about 95% of the time over
> my stove's gas oven, and because it operates with "convection" heat,k it
> cooks much faster than does the bigger gas oven. In fact, the only time
> I use my stove oven is when what I'm wanting will not fit inside the
> convection, or when I'm baking cookies. I probably only use the
> microwave function of it for minutes per week, yet the convection is
> used near to daily.

Like JA, I'm very happy with my Sharp Carousel Microwave/Convection Oven.
I've also had it for over 10 years, although I don't use it nearly as often
as she does. It particularly excels at roasting chicken parts.

The cookbook that comes with the oven does a pretty good job of explaining
what you can expect from the different modes of the oven, and it also
contains some fairly good recipes.

Bob

Bob

JA wrote:

> I have had my Sharp Carousel Convection Oven (microwave) for over 10
> years now, and I would never want to be without one. For oven roasting
> or baking, I use it's convection oven feature about 95% of the time over
> my stove's gas oven, and because it operates with "convection" heat,k it
> cooks much faster than does the bigger gas oven. In fact, the only time
> I use my stove oven is when what I'm wanting will not fit inside the
> convection, or when I'm baking cookies. I probably only use the
> microwave function of it for minutes per week, yet the convection is
> used near to daily.

Like JA, I'm very happy with my Sharp Carousel Microwave/Convection Oven.
I've also had it for over 10 years, although I don't use it nearly as often
as she does. It particularly excels at roasting chicken parts.

The cookbook that comes with the oven does a pretty good job of explaining
what you can expect from the different modes of the oven, and it also
contains some fairly good recipes.

Bob

Carol In WI

I am going to get a convention oven, it's just the 2 of us now and I can't
see the sense of heating up a big oven for small portions of food. JC
Pennys has a catalog that has one on for sale at $20, in like 3 different
colors. Got one for my daughter's apartment, she rooms with 2 others and
when they're not around, she just cooks for herself and uses that or the the
microwave. Carol In WI

Denise G.

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I'm going to buy one within the
week. If I need to replace my microwave anyways, I may as well have
something new to try.

I've done a lot of microwave replacing lately. My church had a massive
power surge a couple of weeks ago and all four of our microwaves got
fried. Touchy little things <g>. Luckily the organs and computers were
on surge protectors.

Thanks again for the responses both her and privately.

Denise in NH