Ted Harris

Default Capresso Automatic Machine w/Grinder

Question for all .... I like good coffee but am pretty lazy in the early
morning. Hence we bought one of the Capresso machines that grinds the beans
and makes the coffee all together in one machine. Quality of coffee seems ok
but the machine is a pain. We have now had this machine for about 18 months.
Pieces fell off and the grinder died once during the one year warrenty period
and now the grinder died again (out of warrenty now). My question is this ...
is this the general experience with this machine? If not I may try another but
if it is I will give up.

Thanks
Ted Harris
Resource Strategy
Henniker, New Hampshire
Ralf Mimoun

Ted,
> Question for all .... I like good coffee but am pretty lazy in the
> early morning. Hence we bought one of the Capresso machines that
> grinds the beans and makes the coffee all together in one machine.
> Quality of coffee seems ok but the machine is a pain. We have now
> had this machine for about 18 months. Pieces fell off and the grinder
> died once during the one year warrenty period and now the grinder
> died again (out of warrenty now). My question is this ... is this
> the general experience with this machine? If not I may try another
> but if it is I will give up.

Who's the manufacturer, and what model have you bought? There are
differences in the quality of the machines, but they need some maintenance,
too.

Ralf

Ralf Mimoun

Ted,
> Question for all .... I like good coffee but am pretty lazy in the
> early morning. Hence we bought one of the Capresso machines that
> grinds the beans and makes the coffee all together in one machine.
> Quality of coffee seems ok but the machine is a pain. We have now
> had this machine for about 18 months. Pieces fell off and the grinder
> died once during the one year warrenty period and now the grinder
> died again (out of warrenty now). My question is this ... is this
> the general experience with this machine? If not I may try another
> but if it is I will give up.

Who's the manufacturer, and what model have you bought? There are
differences in the quality of the machines, but they need some maintenance,
too.

Ralf

Ted Harris

Ralf,

The manufacturer is Capresso (thought I said that). The model is the
Coffeeteam 451. I have now mread many reviews on the net that seem to confirm
that others ahve the same problem.
Ted Harris
Resource Strategy
Henniker, New Hampshire

Ralf Mimoun

Ted,

> The manufacturer is Capresso (thought I said that). The model is the
> Coffeeteam 451. I have now mread many reviews on the net that seem
> to confirm that others ahve the same problem.

Unfortunately, I don't know that manufacturer. With Saeco, Jura and other
european models, I could pack up some tips. Sorry.

Ralf

Ralf Mimoun

Ted,