Darek Fisk

Default Green wood

If wood for smoking is obtained during winter months will this reduce drying
time and by how much. Since smoking wood originates from a hardwood tree and
this type of tree goes dormant during winter months would it mean that wood
is less saturated with juice than during summer?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Darek Fisk" > wrote in message
> If wood for smoking is obtained during winter months will this reduce
> drying
> time and by how much. Since smoking wood originates from a hardwood tree
> and
> this type of tree goes dormant during winter months would it mean that
> wood
> is less saturated with juice than during summer?

Yes, winter is the best time as the sap rises in the spring. That said,
there are plenty of people that get good results using wet wood.

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "Darek Fisk" > wrote in message
> > If wood for smoking is obtained during winter months will this reduce
> > drying
> > time and by how much. Since smoking wood originates from a hardwood
> > tree and
> > this type of tree goes dormant during winter months would it mean that
> > wood
> > is less saturated with juice than during summer?

> Yes, winter is the best time as the sap rises in the spring. That said,
> there are plenty of people that get good results using wet wood.

I've used both from my Kaffir lime. The green is a little steamier, but
doesn't seem to make a difference.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families: