Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Putuo Organic Green and Imperial Green 2006 ?

Hello, all,
You all know what a novice I am - but, I am learning. Today, we stopped
at Imperial Tea Court in Berkeley and tried Putuo Organic Green and
Imperial Green. The sales person was very young and knew as much as I;
so, of course, I didn't get a whole lot of information.
Imperial Tea Court has a tendancy to "rename" romantically and
obscurely, its teas and I have no idea what Imperial Green is, other
than $26.60 an ounce and absolutely crisp and tender and grassy, sweet
and delightfully smooth with hardly any astringency in last bits. The
organic Putuo (I have read a bit about these teas from this region
((mountain area)) in China) was very fresh and had the sweet aroma of
dew on morning grass.
My husband had a honey-tasting black keemun - Imperial Keemun Hao Ya,
whose golden colour betrayed its woodsiness.
Can anyone fill me in a little and educate me as to what 2006 Imperial
Green is? BTW, it's visually gorgeous - bright green, long tendrils of
uncumbled tea...........
Thanks so much!
Shen