Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default can green tea lower blood pressure? (china green tea art. 9575)

A friend of mine brought me some green tea from Turkmenistan, originaly
imported from China.
On the package it says "China Green Tea, Art.# 9575", that's all. It's
a gunpowder tea and I've been told that it lowers blood pressure and I
couldn't believe until I tried it. I searched the web for this tea and
all I could find was this site http://www.nbtea.com/enzhu.htm that
references a Art. No.9575 tea, but I don't think they are selling
online.

Has anyone heared of this tea? Would it be possible to find its
equivalent in US?

thank you,
slava.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
news.activenetwork.it

There is no such think as a "blood pressure Tea", since all king of green
and oolong teas are suspected to help blood pressure. If you want to find
more info about the benefit of drinking tea, you can lurk the UK Tea Concil
site: http://www.tea.co.uk/factsheets.php, or make a simply serch.
Many green tea's properties are not yet completely demonstrated, but if you
like it this is a valid reason to drink it: it make no harms and there are
more then one evidence that teas may do much good to you body.

Giovanni Vanni

> ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...
>A friend of mine brought me some green tea from Turkmenistan, originaly
> imported from China.
> On the package it says "China Green Tea, Art.# 9575", that's all. It's
> a gunpowder tea and I've been told that it lowers blood pressure and I
> couldn't believe until I tried it. I searched the web for this tea and
> all I could find was this site http://www.nbtea.com/enzhu.htm that
> references a Art. No.9575 tea, but I don't think they are selling
> online.
>
> Has anyone heared of this tea? Would it be possible to find its
> equivalent in US?
>
> thank you,
> slava.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Scott Dorsey

In article . com>,
> wrote:
>A friend of mine brought me some green tea from Turkmenistan, originaly
>imported from China.
>On the package it says "China Green Tea, Art.# 9575", that's all. It's
>a gunpowder tea and I've been told that it lowers blood pressure and I
>couldn't believe until I tried it.

Anything that makes you calm and relaxed will lower your blood pressure.
Tea makes _me_ calm and relaxed.

Odds are what you have is a typical low-grade gunpowder green. Try looking
for Temple of Heaven brand at your local Chinese market, and tell me if it
is not basically the same thing.
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

You might be right. I will try to get the gunpowder you suggested and
compare.
thank you.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Knack

> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I've been told that it lowers blood pressure and I
> couldn't believe until I tried it.

Negishi H, Xu JW, Ikeda K, Njelekela M, Nara Y, Yamori Y.Black and green tea
polyphenols attenuate blood pressure increases in stroke-prone spontaneously
hypertensive rats. J Nutr. 2004 Jan;134(1):38-42.

Stensvold I, Tverdal A, Solvoll K, et al. Tea consumption. Relationship to
cholesterol, blood pressure, and coronary and total mortality. Prev Med
1992;21:546-53.

And from http://www.republicoftea.com/pages/whitetea.asp
"White tea also reduces high blood pressure by inhibiting the formation of
certain enzymes that cause constriction in blood vessels."

And from http://www.lef.org/featured-articles/greent.html
"The loss of arterial elasticity is one cause of high blood pressure.
Youthful arteries expand and contract effortlessly with each heart beat.
Aging causes a loss of arterial elasticity. As noted above, green tea
inhibits thromboxane production, which is one cause of arterial
constriction. A more significant cause of hypertension is an enzyme secreted
by the kidneys called angiotension-converting enzyme (ACE). Popular drugs
such as Capoten, Vasotec and Zestril function as angiotension-converting
enzyme inhibitors (ACE inhibitors). By blocking the effects of ACE, blood
pressure is reduced significantly in most hypertensives. Green tea is a
natural ACE inhibitor. Published studies show lowered blood pressure in
animals and humans given green tea extracts."

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
jim

Look up Imperial Kuding Tea...

http://www.enjoyingtea.com/imkutebhete.html

I have been using this... along with a proper diet, this
tea has me losing pounds, cholesterol, and blood pressure...

It is black, and the leaves are rolled tightly. I drop one
or 2 sticks in a cup of hot water and it is bitter. Color
of liquid turns green.
..