Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Your Grocer's Worst Nightmare!

On 20-Jul-2010, "Stormmee" > wrote:

> I do, if people would either use cash or write the majority of it before
> they got half way to having it bagged, come on people its spelled the same
>
> as the last time you were in this line... but then when my mom taught us
> about money she taught, read the ads, make a list and write everything but
>
> the amount before you go in, even the sig as you haven't torm it out and
> its
> still in your purse. Lee

.. . .

> > I used to get ****ed with check writers, but now with all the
> > pins,vins,credit,debit,Ok,yes,
> > I don't really care anymore.
> >
> > greg

I use a debit card almost exclusively these days because it provides all
of the benefits of an actual check without the hassle in the checkout line.
But when I did write checks, I filled mine out while waiting in line, long
before I reached the checkout point. It really ****es me off when Old
Ladies don't even reach for their checkbook until they see the receipt.
Then It takes them time just to find the damn thing and an eternity to
find a pen and get a check filled out. I'm 73 years old and I can't stand
old people.

--
Brick said that
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Brick" > wrote
> I use a debit card almost exclusively these days because it provides all
> of the benefits of an actual check without the hassle in the checkout
> line.
> But when I did write checks, I filled mine out while waiting in line, long
> before I reached the checkout point. It really ****es me off when Old
> Ladies don't even reach for their checkbook until they see the receipt.

You have to pay every time? I never get my money out because our store give
free orders to the 50th customer every time so when I see everyone else
paying, I figure I'm going to be the winner. I bet that old lady is hoping
to win too.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

lol, just had this discussion with someone else about my dislike for most
visually impaired people, they seem to think its their entitlement for
everyone sighted to "do for them" sorry, he's MY mate, not yours he is not
going to run to the salad bar for your fifth portion of goey stuff just
because we are forced to eat together because we are in a manager's
meeting!!! and NO he is not being rude he just wants to eat HIS food, Lee
"Brick" > wrote in message
ter.com...

> On 20-Jul-2010, "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> I do, if people would either use cash or write the majority of it before
>> they got half way to having it bagged, come on people its spelled the
>> same
>>
>> as the last time you were in this line... but then when my mom taught us
>> about money she taught, read the ads, make a list and write everything
>> but
>>
>> the amount before you go in, even the sig as you haven't torm it out and
>> its
>> still in your purse. Lee

> . . .
>

>> > I used to get ****ed with check writers, but now with all the
>> > pins,vins,credit,debit,Ok,yes,
>> > I don't really care anymore.
>> >
>> > greg

> I use a debit card almost exclusively these days because it provides all
> of the benefits of an actual check without the hassle in the checkout
> line.
> But when I did write checks, I filled mine out while waiting in line, long
> before I reached the checkout point. It really ****es me off when Old
> Ladies don't even reach for their checkbook until they see the receipt.
> Then It takes them time just to find the damn thing and an eternity to
> find a pen and get a check filled out. I'm 73 years old and I can't stand
> old people.
>
> --
> Brick said that

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

i want that store!!!, Lee
"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> "Brick" > wrote
>> I use a debit card almost exclusively these days because it provides all
>> of the benefits of an actual check without the hassle in the checkout
>> line.
>> But when I did write checks, I filled mine out while waiting in line,
>> long
>> before I reached the checkout point. It really ****es me off when Old
>> Ladies don't even reach for their checkbook until they see the receipt.

> You have to pay every time? I never get my money out because our store
> give free orders to the 50th customer every time so when I see everyone
> else paying, I figure I'm going to be the winner. I bet that old lady is
> hoping to win too.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 21-Jul-2010, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "Brick" > wrote
> > I use a debit card almost exclusively these days because it provides all
> > of the benefits of an actual check without the hassle in the checkout
> > line.
> > But when I did write checks, I filled mine out while waiting in line,
> > long
> > before I reached the checkout point. It really ****es me off when Old
> > Ladies don't even reach for their checkbook until they see the receipt.

> You have to pay every time? I never get my money out because our store
> give
> free orders to the 50th customer every time so when I see everyone else
> paying, I figure I'm going to be the winner. I bet that old lady is
> hoping
> to win too.

Good one Ed. That's right up there with the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.
I can just see them giving a bye to that 50th customer with two carts and
$300 worth of groceries.
--
Brick said that

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 22-Jul-2010, "Stormmee" > wrote:

> lol, just had this discussion with someone else about my dislike for most
> visually impaired people, they seem to think its their entitlement for
> everyone sighted to "do for them" sorry, he's MY mate, not yours he is not
>
> going to run to the salad bar for your fifth portion of goey stuff just
> because we are forced to eat together because we are in a manager's
> meeting!!! and NO he is not being rude he just wants to eat HIS food, Lee
> "Brick" > wrote in message
> ter.com...
> >
> > On 20-Jul-2010, "Stormmee" > wrote:

.. . .

I'm 73 years old and I can't
> > stand
> > old people.
> >
> > --
> > Brick said that

I loved that post Lee. "Dammit! That's my mate. Go git your own.
I spent half a lifetime getting him raised properly and I'll be damned
if you're gonna take advantage."

--
Brick said that
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

lol, it is usually the women that do this... and we have been together over
thirty years... why on earth should i share, i worked for it... if you are
so pathetic you can't find someone, stay single, stay at home and for
christ's sake don't breed,... lol to the raising part... truth be told he is
six years older than i am we met in college, he was 26 and i was barely
twenty, but i was a jr in college so he thought i was his age... i never
disabused him of that notion until it was too late for him... he found out
because my grandmother sent me a quilt for my 21 st birthday and i forgot to
put the card away before showing it to him...

ster.com...