Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Your Grocer's Worst Nightmare!

In article >,
(GregS) wrote:

> >> Let me clue you in for free. Just type "coupons" into your google search
> >> bar. There's more coupons available then you can possibly imagine. What
> >> is not said is how much work it is to actually organize them and use them.
> >> You wouldn't believe how many hours you can put into "using coupons".

> >I just shop the sales. The vast majority of coupons are for named brand
> >crap that I never purchase or eat anyway... The exception to that are
> >pet food coupons. Generic pet food is a really bad thing. I've learned
> >that the hard way over the years.

> Sure, unless you taste it, how do you know. I have gone through some
> supposidly great bird food, and my bird would not touch
> it. I sniffed it, even tasted it, CARDBOARD. Good bird.
> I remember sampling Grow Pup when I was a kid. Much like Kellogs corn flakes.
>
> greg

It was not about flavor, it was about what it did to the health of my
pets. They are all doing better now on Purina products and looking
great. Purina was what my vet recommended.

You feed your bird a pelleted feed? Freya (Goffin's Cockatoo) won't
touch that stuff. I feed her a good mixed grain and nut parrot food and
add a goodly amount of Vionate to that. She also gets fresh fruit and
veggies (or fresh frozen mixes) and fresh corn on the cob, plus whatever
she can mooch from me if I have her with me when I am eating. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Omelet > wrote:
>> [ . . . ]
>> You feed your bird a pelleted feed? Freya (Goffin's Cockatoo) won't
>> touch that stuff. I feed her a good mixed grain and nut parrot food and
>> add a goodly amount of Vionate to that. She also gets fresh fruit and
>> veggies (or fresh frozen mixes) and fresh corn on the cob, plus whatever
>> she can mooch from me if I have her with me when I am eating. ;-)

> Does she like hot chile peppers?

FWIW, birds don't have receptors for capsaicin. I learned that when I was
having squirrel problems in the bird feeder. The "Squirrel Away" I bought
was nothing more than capsaicin powder that you sprinkled on the seed. The
birds didn't care, but the squirrels would come unglued. I also mixed in
with peanut butter that I'd force into pine cones and tie to the feeder.
They had attracted some rats and even deer, but the capsaicin did its trick.

Nonny

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Omelet > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> You feed your bird a pelleted feed? Freya (Goffin's Cockatoo) won't
> touch that stuff. I feed her a good mixed grain and nut parrot food and
> add a goodly amount of Vionate to that. She also gets fresh fruit and
> veggies (or fresh frozen mixes) and fresh corn on the cob, plus whatever
> she can mooch from me if I have her with me when I am eating. ;-)

Does she like hot chile peppers?

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Nick Cramer > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote:
> > [ . . . ]
> > You feed your bird a pelleted feed? Freya (Goffin's Cockatoo) won't
> > touch that stuff. I feed her a good mixed grain and nut parrot food and
> > add a goodly amount of Vionate to that. She also gets fresh fruit and
> > veggies (or fresh frozen mixes) and fresh corn on the cob, plus whatever
> > she can mooch from me if I have her with me when I am eating. ;-)

> Does she like hot chile peppers?

Only fresh. She more or less ignores the dried ones I've tried to feed
her! Loves red jalapenos.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Nonnymus" > wrote:

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > Omelet > wrote:
> >> [ . . . ]
> >> You feed your bird a pelleted feed? Freya (Goffin's Cockatoo) won't
> >> touch that stuff. I feed her a good mixed grain and nut parrot food and
> >> add a goodly amount of Vionate to that. She also gets fresh fruit and
> >> veggies (or fresh frozen mixes) and fresh corn on the cob, plus whatever
> >> she can mooch from me if I have her with me when I am eating. ;-)

> > Does she like hot chile peppers?

> FWIW, birds don't have receptors for capsaicin. I learned that when I was
> having squirrel problems in the bird feeder. The "Squirrel Away" I bought
> was nothing more than capsaicin powder that you sprinkled on the seed. The
> birds didn't care, but the squirrels would come unglued. I also mixed in
> with peanut butter that I'd force into pine cones and tie to the feeder.
> They had attracted some rats and even deer, but the capsaicin did its trick.
>
> Nonny

Great trick with the p-nut butter thing. :-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Nonnymus" > wrote:

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > Omelet > wrote:
> >> [ . . . ]
> >> You feed your bird a pelleted feed? Freya (Goffin's Cockatoo) won't
> >> touch that stuff. I feed her a good mixed grain and nut parrot food and
> >> add a goodly amount of Vionate to that. She also gets fresh fruit and
> >> veggies (or fresh frozen mixes) and fresh corn on the cob, plus whatever
> >> she can mooch from me if I have her with me when I am eating. ;-)

> > Does she like hot chile peppers?

> FWIW, birds don't have receptors for capsaicin. I learned that when I was
> having squirrel problems in the bird feeder. The "Squirrel Away" I bought
> was nothing more than capsaicin powder that you sprinkled on the seed. The
> birds didn't care, but the squirrels would come unglued. I also mixed in
> with peanut butter that I'd force into pine cones and tie to the feeder.
> They had attracted some rats and even deer, but the capsaicin did its trick.
>
> Nonny

Ps, chili peppers are a good vitamin C source. Like humans, birds don't
make their own so it's a good addition to their diet along with citrus
fruits. She loves tangerines.

OB bbq: I'm off this weekend. Plan to smoke two racks of pork ribs. I
need to get them out of the freezer to thaw tomorrow!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Nick Cramer > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote:
> > Nick Cramer > wrote:
> > >
> > > Does she like hot chile peppers?

> > Only fresh. She more or less ignores the dried ones I've tried to feed
> > her! Loves red jalapenos.

> How about fresh, ripe Thai Prik Kee Noo?

So many peppers, so little time! <g>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue