Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Your Grocer's Worst Nightmare!

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> > I just shop the sales. The vast majority of coupons are for named brand
> > crap that I never purchase or eat anyway... The exception to that are
> > pet food coupons. Generic pet food is a really bad thing. I've learned
> > that the hard way over the years.
> > --
> > Peace! Om
> >

> the day they come up with rx coupons for this stuff i buy i will walk a mile
> to get them, have a male cat who has had crystals, he also has EBS so must
> be free fed, so everyon*much to their displeasure* else gets it also, i
> swear i spend as much on their food as i do my monthly meat consumption,
> not really but it feels like it, Lee

You using Hill's CD? That is what we used to feed our neutered tom that
had that issue. There are some commercial foods by Friskies and Purina
for urinary health for cats also.

The vet that originally diagnosed it told us to simply keep the ash
content below x percent. I think iirc, it was 3%.

Check with your vet. You may or many not need that Rx food, but I've
found Hill's to be an excellent cat food anyway and the other cats
seemed to like it ok. :-)

But yea, it's expensive!

E-mail the company with questions or compliments. They often send
coupons in the mail when you do that.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> > I just shop the sales. The vast majority of coupons are for named
>> > brand crap that I never purchase or eat anyway... The exception to
>> > that are pet food coupons. Generic pet food is a really bad thing.
>> > I've learned that the hard way over the years.
>> > --
>> > Peace! Om
>> >

>> the day they come up with rx coupons for this stuff i buy i will walk
>> a mile to get them, have a male cat who has had crystals, he also has
>> EBS so must be free fed, so everyon*much to their displeasure* else
>> gets it also, i swear i spend as much on their food as i do my
>> monthly meat consumption, not really but it feels like it, Lee

> You using Hill's CD? That is what we used to feed our neutered tom
> that had that issue. There are some commercial foods by Friskies and
> Purina for urinary health for cats also.
>
> The vet that originally diagnosed it told us to simply keep the ash
> content below x percent. I think iirc, it was 3%.
>
> Check with your vet. You may or many not need that Rx food, but I've
> found Hill's to be an excellent cat food anyway and the other cats
> seemed to like it ok. :-)
>
> But yea, it's expensive!
>
> E-mail the company with questions or compliments. They often send
> coupons in the mail when you do that.

if you have access to costco check out the kirkland branded stuff
got a great ingredient list .. not sure about your needs but
appears to be right up there with most premium petfoods about 50
cents a pound
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

the vet had a rx from purina we tried, everyone liked the taste better, and
nobody was constipated, but the calico monster threw it up every other time
she ate it, she is missing quite a few teeth and didn't seem to get it
crunched up good... so yes we are back to c/d... the kibble, as the calico
monster and her brother that just passed away have dodgey enoguh teeth vet
wanted them on dry, and the tiny terror tuxido will starve herself rather
than eat wet food... it is entirely below her standards...

never thought of emailing them might be worth a shot,

Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> > I just shop the sales. The vast majority of coupons are for named brand
>> > crap that I never purchase or eat anyway... The exception to that are
>> > pet food coupons. Generic pet food is a really bad thing. I've learned
>> > that the hard way over the years.
>> > --
>> > Peace! Om
>> >

>> the day they come up with rx coupons for this stuff i buy i will walk a
>> mile
>> to get them, have a male cat who has had crystals, he also has EBS so
>> must
>> be free fed, so everyon*much to their displeasure* else gets it also, i
>> swear i spend as much on their food as i do my monthly meat consumption,
>> not really but it feels like it, Lee

> You using Hill's CD? That is what we used to feed our neutered tom that
> had that issue. There are some commercial foods by Friskies and Purina
> for urinary health for cats also.
>
> The vet that originally diagnosed it told us to simply keep the ash
> content below x percent. I think iirc, it was 3%.
>
> Check with your vet. You may or many not need that Rx food, but I've
> found Hill's to be an excellent cat food anyway and the other cats
> seemed to like it ok. :-)
>
> But yea, it's expensive!
>
> E-mail the company with questions or compliments. They often send
> coupons in the mail when you do that.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

i will check that, and someone recently told me that the sam's club was
ucanuba or naturals or similar... but it isn't low ash enough, Lee
"Charly Horse" > wrote in message
.. .
> Omelet > wrote in
> news >

>>> the day they come up with rx coupons for this stuff i buy i will walk
>>> a mile to get them, have a male cat who has had crystals, he also has
>>> EBS so must be free fed, so everyon*much to their displeasure* else
>>> gets it also, i swear i spend as much on their food as i do my
>>> monthly meat consumption, not really but it feels like it, Lee

>> You using Hill's CD? That is what we used to feed our neutered tom
>> that had that issue. There are some commercial foods by Friskies and
>> Purina for urinary health for cats also.
>>
>> The vet that originally diagnosed it told us to simply keep the ash
>> content below x percent. I think iirc, it was 3%.
>>
>> Check with your vet. You may or many not need that Rx food, but I've
>> found Hill's to be an excellent cat food anyway and the other cats
>> seemed to like it ok. :-)
>>
>> But yea, it's expensive!
>>
>> E-mail the company with questions or compliments. They often send
>> coupons in the mail when you do that.

> if you have access to costco check out the kirkland branded stuff
> got a great ingredient list .. not sure about your needs but
> appears to be right up there with most premium petfoods about 50
> cents a pound

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> > You using Hill's CD? That is what we used to feed our neutered tom that
> > had that issue. There are some commercial foods by Friskies and Purina
> > for urinary health for cats also.
> >
> > The vet that originally diagnosed it told us to simply keep the ash
> > content below x percent. I think iirc, it was 3%.
> >
> > Check with your vet. You may or many not need that Rx food, but I've
> > found Hill's to be an excellent cat food anyway and the other cats
> > seemed to like it ok. :-)
> >
> > But yea, it's expensive!
> >
> > E-mail the company with questions or compliments. They often send
> > coupons in the mail when you do that.

> the vet had a rx from purina we tried, everyone liked the taste better, and
> nobody was constipated, but the calico monster threw it up every other time
> she ate it, she is missing quite a few teeth and didn't seem to get it
> crunched up good... so yes we are back to c/d... the kibble, as the calico
> monster and her brother that just passed away have dodgey enoguh teeth vet
> wanted them on dry, and the tiny terror tuxido will starve herself rather
> than eat wet food... it is entirely below her standards...
>
> never thought of emailing them might be worth a shot,
>
> Lee

I've nearly always ended up with coupons every time I've gone to a food
company's website and sent in comments if they asked for your name,
address and e-mail address. :-)

And no, it does NOT sign you up for a bunch of spam either!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

sure worth a try, not only had it gone up to over fifty three dollars last
month the bag has magically shrunk from twenty pounds when we started this
several years ago, its now 17.2 pounds... but he has to be free fed and he
needs this food, and i have wayyy to many to try and feed seperately, Lee
news