Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default A bit off topic, but I would appreciate some help

"Bob-tx" > wrote in message
>I have been on this NG for a number of years, and when I have the answer or
>comment to a post, I post it. But most of you experts are much better and
>quicker than I am, so you don't see many post from me.
>
> I'm retired for the last twenty years (77 years old), and earn a few extra
> bucks by writing magazine articles - mostly for sports magazines like
> Field & Stream, etc.
>
> I have a story that I think is pretty good - at least saleable, that I
> don't know where to send it. The title is, "Free Barbecue Wood", and the
> genre is humor. It is about colleting BBQ wood, and getting rid of the
> brush that goes with it.
>
> Actually, I posted it on here, maybe four or five years ago, while it was
> still in the development stage, and most thought it was very good.
> Perhaps, some of the old timers on here might remember it.
>
> Now, I need to peddle this story, and can't find a suitable magazine to
> sell it to.
>
> Do any of you guys know of a barbecue magazine that might be interested in
> it? I guess if I can't sell it, then in the near future, I'll post it on
> here and it anyone enjoys it enough, they can contribute to the fund.
>
> Sorry, to be so off topic, but I really do appreciate you help.
>
> Bob-tx

http://www.barbecuenews.com/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 7, 12:22*am, "Bob-tx" > wrote:
> I have been on this NG for a number of years, and when I have the
> answer or comment to a post, I post it. * But most of you experts
> are much better and quicker than I am, so you don't see many post
> from me.
>
> I'm retired for the last twenty years (77 years old), and earn a few
> extra bucks by writing magazine articles - mostly for sports
> magazines like Field & Stream, etc.
>
> I have a story that I think is pretty good - at least saleable, that
> I don't know where to send it. *The title is, "Free Barbecue Wood",
> and the genre is humor. *It is about colleting BBQ wood, and getting
> rid of the brush that goes with it.
>
> Actually, I posted it on here, maybe four or five years ago, while
> it was still in the development stage, and most thought it was very
> good. *Perhaps, some of the old timers on here might remember it.
>
> Now, I need to peddle this story, and can't find a suitable magazine
> to sell it to.
>
> Do any of you guys know of a barbecue magazine that might be
> interested in it? *I guess if I can't sell it, then in the near
> future, I'll post it on here and it anyone enjoys it enough, they
> can contribute to the fund.
>
> Sorry, to be so off topic, but I really do appreciate you help.
>
> Bob-tx

Any outdoorsy type of mag should be interested I'd think. Maybe
"Country" magazine, they love feel good countrified whimsy stuff
there. I kinda recall your story, not saying all those designations
apply, just giving you an idea of what they like to publish.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 01:22:04 -0600, Bob-tx wrote:

> Do any of you guys know of a barbecue magazine that might be
> interested in it? I guess if I can't sell it, then in the near
> future, I'll post it on here and it anyone enjoys it enough, they
> can contribute to the fund.

Perhaps Southern Living. It's hard to tell with that vague
description, but I understand you can't 'publish' it here.

Well, I just glanced at Southern Living and it's seems to have
turned towards the Martha side since I last previewed it. I
remember it being more of a hand-on outsdoorsy mag.

-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 01:22:04 -0600, Bob-tx wrote:

> I have been on this NG for a number of years, and when I have the answer
> or comment to a post, I post it. But most of you experts are much
> better and quicker than I am, so you don't see many post from me.
>
> I'm retired for the last twenty years (77 years old), and earn a few
> extra bucks by writing magazine articles - mostly for sports magazines
> like Field & Stream, etc.
>
> I have a story that I think is pretty good - at least saleable, that I
> don't know where to send it. The title is, "Free Barbecue Wood", and
> the genre is humor. It is about colleting BBQ wood, and getting rid of
> the brush that goes with it.
>
> Actually, I posted it on here, maybe four or five years ago, while it
> was still in the development stage, and most thought it was very good.
> Perhaps, some of the old timers on here might remember it.
>
> Now, I need to peddle this story, and can't find a suitable magazine to
> sell it to.
>
> Do any of you guys know of a barbecue magazine that might be interested
> in it? I guess if I can't sell it, then in the near future, I'll post
> it on here and it anyone enjoys it enough, they can contribute to the
> fund.
>
> Sorry, to be so off topic, but I really do appreciate you help.
>
> Bob-tx

Can you point me to the original thread, was it under bob-tx? I did a
google groups search and didn't see much at all. It would be fun to read.

--
regards, piedmont ~ the practical bbq'r!

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/