Chef Juke

Default Report from WENATCHEE....

Hey all,

Well, here's a slightly beer and single malt addled report from the
lovely town of Wenatchee...

Got over to Dave's about 9:30 AM and the place looked GREAT!. Hard to
believe this was the same location as in the first photos Dave posted
to alt.binaries.food of the site prior to them beginning work.

They had already put Big Jim to work and I jumped in as well.

Although the resaurant didn't open until 11:00, the first customer
actually came in at 10:30 to pick up a special large order. From then
on, it was off to the races.

Pretty much from 11:00-2:00 there was a line out the door!

It was a bit crazy, but great fun..everyone running around a bit like
chickens with their heads cut off. Dave' boppin' around the kitchen,
first checking on the meat in the smoker, then going out to talk to
the radio folks who were broadcasting from in front of the store.
Dave's sons helping serve up sides, and taking food out to the
customers, washing dishes, taking orders, clearing tables and doing
just about everything else that folks asked them to do. Big jim making
grits and hush puppies (after getting past some initial problems like
forgetting one ingredient or another in the first two batches....(I
think we can blame it on Jet Lag).

By 4:30 we had run out of meat.

Totally.

Nuthin but scraps and cheese grits left.

Whew!

I believe Dave said it was something over 600 LBS. of meat that went
out the door.

After that, we all tried to recuperate while the A.F.B.'ers started
trickling in. Pretty soon there were 23 of us shaking hands, matching
faces to names, getting to know each other face to face and having a
real good time (Fosco looks taller on the web than in person).

After a bit we presented Dave and Jill with a card from all of us and
good luck presents. A Knife and Sharpening Steel for Dave and flowers
for Jill.

Then, at about 9:00, Fosco got up and started talking about Love and
beer and something else, and beer, and something else again, and a
special beer goblet of love, and something or other. Then TFM and
Kili got up and got all red in the face and hugged and kissed and got
more red in the face while we all watched (and I worked on videotaping
the whole shebang WHILE simultaneously taking still pictures) and
everybody cheered and we all drank beer.

So I guess they're married now (just so you know, this is about the
time my memory begins to get a little fuzzy...might have something to
do with the wedding gift of single malt that the happy couple got and
proceeded to immediately open and share...I'm not sure).

Anyway, we drank some beer...toasted the happy couple...ate some
cake...drank some beer...ate some sausages that somehow hadn't gotten
cooked and sold during the day and then drank some beer.

A grand time was had by all.

And I bet that Dave slept real well that night.

Pics to be later tonight soon in alt.binaries.food.

-Chef Juke
"Everybody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

George B. Ross

Chef Juke ) opined:

> [...]
> the face while we all watched (and I worked on videotaping
> the whole shebang WHILE simultaneously taking still
> pictures) and everybody cheered and we all drank beer.
>
> So I guess they're married now (just so you know, this is
> about the time my memory begins to get a little
> fuzzy...might have something to do with the wedding gift of
> single malt that the happy couple got and proceeded to
> immediately open and share...I'm not sure).
>
> Anyway, we drank some beer...toasted the happy couple...ate
> some cake...drank some beer...ate some sausages that
> somehow hadn't gotten cooked and sold during the day and
> then drank some beer.
>
> A grand time was had by all.
>
> And I bet that Dave slept real well that night.
>

> Pics to be later tonight soon in alt.binaries.food.
>

> -Chef Juke
> "Everybody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

Wow! Sounds like an auspicious start for Dave and his joint.

--
George B. Ross is
remove the obvious bits for email
F.G. Whitfurrows

Chef Juke wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Well, here's a slightly beer and single malt addled report from the
> lovely town of Wenatchee...

Ummm...you appear to have forgotten about the Tanquerey and tonics.

<snipped a buncha good story>

> By 4:30 we had run out of meat.
>
> Totally.
>
> Nuthin but scraps and cheese grits left.

*Cheese grits?* I didn't see no damned cheese grits!

> After that, we all tried to recuperate while the A.F.B.'ers started
> trickling in. Pretty soon there were 23 of us shaking hands, matching
> faces to names, getting to know each other face to face and having a
> real good time (Fosco looks taller on the web than in person).

Well, I *am* just a hobbit. That stuffs all done with trick photograpy,
lighting and mirrors. I do not, however, touch any of my photos up using
digital technology of any sort.

> After a bit we presented Dave and Jill with a card from all of us and
> good luck presents. A Knife and Sharpening Steel for Dave and flowers
> for Jill.

They deserved much more than we gave 'em after their hard work.

> Then, at about 9:00, Fosco got up and started talking about Love and
> beer and something else, and beer, and something else again, and a
> special beer goblet of love, and something or other. (and I worked on

videotaping
> the whole shebang WHILE simultaneously taking still pictures)

That was truly amazing watchin' you photograph *and* videotape at the same
time. You are my new hero.

> So I guess they're married now (just so you know, this is about the
> time my memory begins to get a little fuzzy...might have something to
> do with the wedding gift of single malt that the happy couple got and
> proceeded to immediately open and share...I'm not sure).

And don't forget the Tanquerey and tonics.

> And I bet that Dave slept real well that night.

Yes...I bet he did, and enjoyed a well deserved day off today, also. Thanks
go to Dave for a great time.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Jack Schidt®

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
news
> Hey all,
>
> Well, here's a slightly beer and single malt addled report from the
> lovely town of Wenatchee...

<snippage>

Great report, Juke! Thanks for sharing it. Sounds like Dave will always
have a memorable tale to tell when asked how the early days of business
were...

Jack

Wally Bedford

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:30:32 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> reported to us:

>Great report, Juke! Thanks for sharing it. Sounds like Dave will always
>have a memorable tale to tell when asked how the early days of business
>were...
>
>Jack

Boyo, am I sorry that I missed that gig. I kinda feel like a second
class citizen here! I'm glad Dave got the place open, I 'm glad he
sold everything he could BBQ, I'm glad you all went and had fun and
I'm glad that you posted the goings-on.

Wally

"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
Sir Frederick G. Banting

Wally Bedford

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:30:32 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> reported to us:

>Great report, Juke! Thanks for sharing it. Sounds like Dave will always
>have a memorable tale to tell when asked how the early days of business
>were...
>
>Jack

Boyo, am I sorry that I missed that gig. I kinda feel like a second
class citizen here! I'm glad Dave got the place open, I 'm glad he
sold everything he could BBQ, I'm glad you all went and had fun and
I'm glad that you posted the goings-on.

Wally

"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
Sir Frederick G. Banting
TFM®

Chef Juke wrote:

> So I guess they're married now (just so you know, this is about the
> time my memory begins to get a little fuzzy...might have something to
> do with the wedding gift of single malt that the happy couple got and
> proceeded to immediately open and share...I'm not sure).

Yes, we're married. It's official. A happier couple there has never been.

Special thanks to Graeme and Nick for the scotch. That was some of the best
tasting scotch that has ever passed my liver!

Sadly it's all gone (we had help) but the bottle and box are with me still.
They'll be kept and treasured. You guys are the best. Thanks again.

TFM®

TFM®

Chef Juke wrote:

> So I guess they're married now (just so you know, this is about the
> time my memory begins to get a little fuzzy...might have something to
> do with the wedding gift of single malt that the happy couple got and
> proceeded to immediately open and share...I'm not sure).

Yes, we're married. It's official. A happier couple there has never been.

Special thanks to Graeme and Nick for the scotch. That was some of the best
tasting scotch that has ever passed my liver!

Sadly it's all gone (we had help) but the bottle and box are with me still.
They'll be kept and treasured. You guys are the best. Thanks again.

TFM®

Ol' Hippie

AlanAKATFM;
Glad your in a safe place it was a ball & I am happy to call you my friend
G'ganna too.
Bruce-n-Gold Beach
OL'Hippie or whatever you wanna call me except late for dinner.

TFM®

Ol' Hippie wrote:
> AlanAKATFM;
> Glad your in a safe place it was a ball & I am happy to call you my
> friend G'ganna too.
> Bruce-n-Gold Beach
> OL'Hippie or whatever you wanna call me except late for dinner.

Yeah man, you're my friend too. I met nothing but friends that night. It
was splendiferous meeting everybody. I even remember some of y'all. <G>

TFM®

Michael

"Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
> "No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
> Sir Frederick G. Banting

Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,

But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
comfortable suits I might add.

Jack Schidt®

"Michael" > wrote in message

> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>> "No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>> Sir Frederick G. Banting

> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>
> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
> comfortable suits I might add.

I wore a wet suit a couple of times.

Jack

Jack Schidt®

"Michael" > wrote in message

> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>> "No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>> Sir Frederick G. Banting

> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>
> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
> comfortable suits I might add.

I wore a wet suit a couple of times.

Jack

Jack Curry

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> "Michael" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>>> "No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>>> Sir Frederick G. Banting

>> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>>
>> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
>> comfortable suits I might add.
>>

> I wore a wet suit a couple of times.
>
> Jack

I wet my suit a couple of times.

Jack Curry

BigDog

Jack Sloan wrote in alt.food.barbecue

>> > I wore a wet suit a couple of times.
>> >
>> > Jack

>> I wet my suit a couple of times.
>>
>> Jack Curry
>>

> yeah, but don't wet yer wetsuit....Its a smell that don' go away.

I wet on someone else's suit once.

--
BigDog,
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
BigDog

Jack Sloan wrote in alt.food.barbecue

>> > I wore a wet suit a couple of times.
>> >
>> > Jack

>> I wet my suit a couple of times.
>>
>> Jack Curry
>>

> yeah, but don't wet yer wetsuit....Its a smell that don' go away.

I wet on someone else's suit once.

--
BigDog,
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:51:39 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"Michael" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>>> "No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>>> Sir Frederick G. Banting

>> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>>
>> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
>> comfortable suits I might add.
>>

>I wore a wet suit a couple of times.
>
>Jack

I own a couple of suits. They occupy closet space.

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:51:39 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"Michael" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>>> "No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>>> Sir Frederick G. Banting

>> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>>
>> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
>> comfortable suits I might add.
>>

>I wore a wet suit a couple of times.
>
>Jack

I own a couple of suits. They occupy closet space.

Harry

Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:51:39 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"Michael" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>>> "No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>>> Sir Frederick G. Banting

>> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>>
>> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
>> comfortable suits I might add.
>>

>I wore a wet suit a couple of times.
>
>Jack

I own a couple of suits. They occupy closet space.

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:59:51 GMT, BigDog
> wrote:

>Jack Sloan wrote in alt.food.barbecue

>>> I wet my suit a couple of times.
>>>
>>> Jack Curry
>>>

>> yeah, but don't wet yer wetsuit....Its a smell that don' go away.

>I wet on someone else's suit once.

I saw a wet suit once.

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:59:51 GMT, BigDog
> wrote:

>Jack Sloan wrote in alt.food.barbecue

>>> I wet my suit a couple of times.
>>>
>>> Jack Curry
>>>

>> yeah, but don't wet yer wetsuit....Its a smell that don' go away.

>I wet on someone else's suit once.

I saw a wet suit once.

Harry
ToLo

Michael said on 10/20/2004 10:01 AM:
> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>
>>"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>>Sir Frederick G. Banting

> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>
> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
> comfortable suits I might add.

Didn't know they still made them!! Grew up a couple of blocks from
their original plant. At one time, there were hundreds of clothing
manufacturers there, almost all are gone. As late as 1960s, they were
producing over 15,000,000 suits a year in that area of Rochester, NY.
Michaels, Stern, Bonds, Hickey Freeman, Hickoks....
ToLo

"TFM®" > wrote:
> []
>
> Special thanks to Graeme and Nick for the scotch. That was some of the
> best tasting scotch that has ever passed my liver!
>[]

I'll let Graeme respond. It was his idea. Gladja liked it.

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley

Vote Freedom First, but if ya don't vote, don't complain!

"TFM®" > wrote:
> []
>
> Special thanks to Graeme and Nick for the scotch. That was some of the
> best tasting scotch that has ever passed my liver!
>[]

I'll let Graeme respond. It was his idea. Gladja liked it.

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley

Vote Freedom First, but if ya don't vote, don't complain!
Michael

"ToLo" > wrote in message
> Michael said on 10/20/2004 10:01 AM:
> > "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
> >
> >>"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
> >>Sir Frederick G. Banting

> > Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
> >
> > But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
> > comfortable suits I might add.
> >

> Didn't know they still made them!! Grew up a couple of blocks from
> their original plant. At one time, there were hundreds of clothing
> manufacturers there, almost all are gone. As late as 1960s, they were
> producing over 15,000,000 suits a year in that area of Rochester, NY.
> Michaels, Stern, Bonds, Hickey Freeman, Hickoks....

Hart, Schaffner & Marx bought them out in the sixties. They are still made
but with the drop in demand and the added overhead the price has gotten a
little out of hand. I buy mine either on sale or with the labels cut out at
a little place on 43rd St in NY. They make about the best off the rack suit
available, IMHO.

Michael

Wenatchee WA Eddie Barbecue 20 18-12-2009 07:39 PM
Dave B.: Q in Cashmere, WA. . near Wenatchee Pierre[_1_] Barbecue 3 05-10-2008 04:47 PM
Update from Dave in Wenatchee.... Chef Juke Barbecue 24 21-11-2004 10:34 PM
Ah to be in Wenatchee today! JakBQuik Barbecue 24 26-10-2004 07:30 PM
OT - Confirmed Travel To Wenatchee M&M Barbecue 47 25-08-2004 03:42 PM