Chef Juke

Default Report from WENATCHEE....

Hey all,

Well, here's a slightly beer and single malt addled report from the
lovely town of Wenatchee...

Got over to Dave's about 9:30 AM and the place looked GREAT!. Hard to
believe this was the same location as in the first photos Dave posted
to alt.binaries.food of the site prior to them beginning work.

They had already put Big Jim to work and I jumped in as well.

Although the resaurant didn't open until 11:00, the first customer
actually came in at 10:30 to pick up a special large order. From then
on, it was off to the races.

Pretty much from 11:00-2:00 there was a line out the door!

It was a bit crazy, but great fun..everyone running around a bit like
chickens with their heads cut off. Dave' boppin' around the kitchen,
first checking on the meat in the smoker, then going out to talk to
the radio folks who were broadcasting from in front of the store.
Dave's sons helping serve up sides, and taking food out to the
customers, washing dishes, taking orders, clearing tables and doing
just about everything else that folks asked them to do. Big jim making
grits and hush puppies (after getting past some initial problems like
forgetting one ingredient or another in the first two batches....(I
think we can blame it on Jet Lag).

By 4:30 we had run out of meat.

Totally.

Nuthin but scraps and cheese grits left.

Whew!

I believe Dave said it was something over 600 LBS. of meat that went
out the door.

After that, we all tried to recuperate while the A.F.B.'ers started
trickling in. Pretty soon there were 23 of us shaking hands, matching
faces to names, getting to know each other face to face and having a
real good time (Fosco looks taller on the web than in person).

After a bit we presented Dave and Jill with a card from all of us and
good luck presents. A Knife and Sharpening Steel for Dave and flowers
for Jill.

Then, at about 9:00, Fosco got up and started talking about Love and
beer and something else, and beer, and something else again, and a
special beer goblet of love, and something or other. Then TFM and
Kili got up and got all red in the face and hugged and kissed and got
more red in the face while we all watched (and I worked on videotaping
the whole shebang WHILE simultaneously taking still pictures) and
everybody cheered and we all drank beer.

So I guess they're married now (just so you know, this is about the
time my memory begins to get a little fuzzy...might have something to
do with the wedding gift of single malt that the happy couple got and
proceeded to immediately open and share...I'm not sure).

Anyway, we drank some beer...toasted the happy couple...ate some
cake...drank some beer...ate some sausages that somehow hadn't gotten
cooked and sold during the day and then drank some beer.

A grand time was had by all.

And I bet that Dave slept real well that night.

Pics to be later tonight soon in alt.binaries.food.

-Chef Juke
"Everybody Eats When They Come To MY House!"