Stern_fan

Default Simple and best way to add smoke to my Weber Genesis

Got a Weber Genesis Silver B. Want to smoke things. Is there an easy way to
do this other than putting a pan with chips down on the flavor bars?

Thanks

Bob

Jack Curry

"Stern_fan" <stern_fan(AT)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Got a Weber Genesis Silver B. Want to smoke things. Is there an easy way

> do this other than putting a pan with chips down on the flavor bars?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

No, sorry there isn't. If you want to smoke food properly, buy a WSM or a
Kamado, BGE, Klose, Traeger, or an ECB (or any other cooker designed to
smoke) and learn how to use them.

Jack Curry
-Get the Right tool for the job-

Nathan Lau

Stern_fan wrote:

> Got a Weber Genesis Silver B. Want to smoke things. Is there an easy way to
> do this other than putting a pan with chips down on the flavor bars?

Wrap a chunk of flavor wood in foil and toss that down on the bars
(cheap and easy)

Get a WSM (costs more but more fun too)

--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include <std.disclaimer>
M&M

On 14-May-2004, Steve Wertz > wrote:
<snip>
> I predict a small handful of gassers are gonna come in here and
> tell you otherwise.

Well, there's a lot of gas powered smokers. I have one (ECC) and I believe
that
TFM® used one for a spell and I think even Monroe used a gas burner
under his ECBX2. What's the point? are you talking about grills being
BBQ machines? I can barbecue (smoke) over gas and even my guests that know
the
difference won't give a shit.
--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")
Jason in Dallas

I've been smoking and grilling with my Genesis for over 5 years now. I used
to use the foil method but graduated to a wood chunk between the flavorizer
bars. Just toss a fist-sized chunk in there and it'll give smoke for a half
hour. The chips in foil method works but isn't nearly as easy as the "just
toss a chunk in" method.

Incedentally the Genesis is a wonderful tool top slow smoke ribs. It'll
easily maintain a smokey 225F environment as long as you like.

I also have a Weber bullet smoker for smoking bigger things, but use the
Genesis a lot more.