tds

Default Using a rotisserie

I'm going to cook a duck using a rotisserie attachment for the 22 in Weber
(charcoal). I'm sort of following a recipe in Steve Raichlen's book, How to
Grill. Raichlen seems to have one stack of charcoal, while the directions
for the rotisserie seem to suggest two stacks, as in normal indirect
cooking. Also, the directions state that the grill is to be covered during
cooking, while Raichlen's instructions are unclear. Has anyone done a duck
(or any poultry) on a rotisserie? Tell me how you've done it. I'm putting
it on in two hours, so I need help quickly. Thanks.
Terry

Dave Bugg

tds wrote:

> Has anyone done a duck (or any poultry) on a
> rotisserie? Tell me how you've done it. I'm putting it on in two
> hours, so I need help quickly. Thanks.

I've only done duck on my Kamado, using one of those chicken stand thingy.
That worked out quite tasty.

Edwin Pawlowski

"tds" > wrote in message
> I'm going to cook a duck using a rotisserie attachment for the 22 in Weber
> (charcoal). I'm sort of following a recipe in Steve Raichlen's book, How

> Grill. Raichlen seems to have one stack of charcoal, while the directions
> for the rotisserie seem to suggest two stacks, as in normal indirect
> cooking. Also, the directions state that the grill is to be covered

during
> cooking, while Raichlen's instructions are unclear. Has anyone done a

duck
> (or any poultry) on a rotisserie? Tell me how you've done it. I'm

putting
> it on in two hours, so I need help quickly. Thanks.
> Terry

Well, I'm past the two hours so you probably have results already. I do
chicken all the time. Just keep a medium fire and let it turn. Yes, keep it
covered. Easy as can be for great results.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

tds

..
"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
.. .

> "tds" > wrote in message
> > I'm going to cook a duck using a rotisserie attachment for the 22 in

Weber
> > (charcoal). I'm sort of following a recipe in Steve Raichlen's book,

How
> > Grill. Raichlen seems to have one stack of charcoal, while the

directions
> > for the rotisserie seem to suggest two stacks, as in normal indirect
> > cooking. Also, the directions state that the grill is to be covered

> during
> > cooking, while Raichlen's instructions are unclear. Has anyone done a

> duck
> > (or any poultry) on a rotisserie? Tell me how you've done it. I'm

> putting
> > it on in two hours, so I need help quickly. Thanks.
> > Terry

> Well, I'm past the two hours so you probably have results already. I do
> chicken all the time. Just keep a medium fire and let it turn. Yes, keep

it
> covered. Easy as can be for great results.
> Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

I did coals on one side only, and it came out fine. The duck was done in 1
1/2 hrs.

Edwin Pawlowski

"tds" > wrote in message

> I did coals on one side only, and it came out fine. The duck was done in

1
> 1/2 hrs.

Glad it worked out OK. Timing sounds about right. Now that you have some
experience it is time to try other things. I like to do a boneless rib eye
roast that way, pork loins, etc. .

You want some direct exposure to the coals to get radiant heat. That is what
makes the outside so nice.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Jason in Dallas

> > Has anyone done a duck (or any poultry) on a
> > rotisserie? Tell me how you've done it. I'm putting it on in two
> > hours, so I need help quickly. Thanks.

> I've only done duck on my Kamado, using one of those chicken stand thingy.
> That worked out quite tasty.

Thanks for sharing.

Rotisserie rib eye Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 0 21-06-2015 01:07 PM
New rotisserie biig General Cooking 8 17-05-2008 06:34 AM
Trying out a new rotisserie hahabogus General Cooking 4 08-03-2008 12:27 AM
Rotisserie Daniel Barbecue 11 30-01-2005 01:15 AM
Rotisserie Aria Barbecue 3 05-10-2003 05:58 PM