Aria

Default Rotisserie

Just bought one. Have tried chickens twice. Followed the time allotted in
the recipe and both times the chicken was almost too moist and greasy. Used
the browning device and still did not meet my "crispy-desire". What is the
secret that is used in chickens such as El Pollo Loco where the skin just
melts in your mouth and is not just blobs of fat? The second time we
injected it and the first time not...No real difference there....What are we
doing wrong?????
My parents used to cook chickens that were delicious. They did nothing but
stick them on the rotisserie with garlic, salt and pepper. Used no meat
thermometer, did nothing special and they were always great....Can't figure
it out. HELP............

Edwin Pawlowski

"Aria" > wrote in message
> Just bought one. Have tried chickens twice. Followed the time allotted in
> the recipe and both times the chicken was almost too moist and greasy.

Used
> the browning device and still did not meet my "crispy-desire". What is the
> secret that is used in chickens such as El Pollo Loco where the skin just
> melts in your mouth and is not just blobs of fat? The second time we
> injected it and the first time not...No real difference there....What are

we
> doing wrong?????

What kind of rotisserie? What is the browning device?

I just spin the things until they are done and the skin is the way I like
it. No special prep, just rub it down with some seasonings. If the skin is
soggy and fatty, you are not cooking them hot enough or long enough, or
both.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Jack Schidt®

"Aria" > wrote in message
> Just bought one. Have tried chickens twice. Followed the time allotted in
> the recipe and both times the chicken was almost too moist and greasy.

Used
> the browning device and still did not meet my "crispy-desire". What is the
> secret that is used in chickens such as El Pollo Loco where the skin just
> melts in your mouth and is not just blobs of fat? The second time we
> injected it and the first time not...No real difference there....What are

we
> doing wrong?????
> My parents used to cook chickens that were delicious. They did nothing but
> stick them on the rotisserie with garlic, salt and pepper. Used no meat
> thermometer, did nothing special and they were always great....Can't

figure
> it out. HELP............

Pollo Loco cuts their chickens in half and grills them. They also have a
'secret brine' or marinade:

1 Lemon -- juiced
1 Orange -- juiced
2 Tablespoons White vinegar
2 Worcestershire sauce
1/2 Cup Chili sauce
2 Teaspoons Sugar
2 Teaspoons Garlic powder
Tabasco to taste
2 Tablespoons Oil

Just marinate chicken in this mixture for 4-24 hours. Grill 20 minutes
on each side. Serve with flour tortillas and fresh salsa.

To achieve crisper skin, it needs to be dry, so after pulling from marinade,
towel dry the bird and let it sit on a plate in the refrigerator for about
an hour. Get your grill up to about 400º and place the bird on the grill.
Enjoy!

The key is the temp and the dry skin, so I don't see why this couldn't adapt
to a rotisserie.

Jack

Jack

Aria

Jack....mucho thanks. Will try it.

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
m...

> "Aria" > wrote in message
> > Just bought one. Have tried chickens twice. Followed the time allotted

in
> > the recipe and both times the chicken was almost too moist and greasy.

> Used
> > the browning device and still did not meet my "crispy-desire". What is

the
> > secret that is used in chickens such as El Pollo Loco where the skin

just
> > melts in your mouth and is not just blobs of fat? The second time we
> > injected it and the first time not...No real difference there....What

are
> we
> > doing wrong?????
> > My parents used to cook chickens that were delicious. They did nothing

but
> > stick them on the rotisserie with garlic, salt and pepper. Used no meat
> > thermometer, did nothing special and they were always great....Can't

> figure
> > it out. HELP............
> >

> Pollo Loco cuts their chickens in half and grills them. They also have a
> 'secret brine' or marinade:
>
> 1 Lemon -- juiced
> 1 Orange -- juiced
> 2 Tablespoons White vinegar
> 2 Worcestershire sauce
> 1/2 Cup Chili sauce
> 2 Teaspoons Sugar
> 2 Teaspoons Garlic powder
> Tabasco to taste
> 2 Tablespoons Oil
>
> Just marinate chicken in this mixture for 4-24 hours. Grill 20 minutes
> on each side. Serve with flour tortillas and fresh salsa.
>
> To achieve crisper skin, it needs to be dry, so after pulling from

marinade,
> towel dry the bird and let it sit on a plate in the refrigerator for about
> an hour. Get your grill up to about 400º and place the bird on the grill.
> Enjoy!
>
> The key is the temp and the dry skin, so I don't see why this couldn't

adapt
> to a rotisserie.
>
> Jack
>
> Jack

Rotisserie rib eye Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 0 21-06-2015 01:07 PM
New rotisserie biig General Cooking 8 17-05-2008 06:34 AM
Trying out a new rotisserie hahabogus General Cooking 4 08-03-2008 12:27 AM
Rotisserie Daniel Barbecue 11 30-01-2005 01:15 AM
Using a rotisserie tds Barbecue 5 12-05-2004 11:13 PM