Fanny Pack

Default In the long run

Agenda for a New America
Part One
The Politics of Vegetarianism
By Vasu Murti
Chapter 20 - Conclusion and Bibliography

In the long run, we are all going to be vegetarians. Doubtless through
further exploitation of the environment, we can prolong the period in our
history in which we think it is necessary to kill animals for food. But the
ecological limitations of this procedure will soon make manifest to all
that a vegetarian economy is both necessary and desirable.

Only a small minority of the world's citizens will ever be able to consume
meat at current American levels: the resources to support a more intensive
livestock agriculture simply don't exist. We will probably not feel the
real effects of our present actions in the realm of agriculture for another
twenty or thirty years. In the interim, things will merely become slightly
less pleasant, year after year. To continue to maintain a meat economy can
only make matters increasingly difficult for everyone, and can only
adversely affect the goals of health for everyone and world peace.

SAVE EARTH NOW !!

courtsey of http://www.all-creatures.org/article...-polveg20.html

--

"It's kinda fun figuring out all sorts of different ways to kill
off these morons." S. Wertz
Dimitri

"Fanny Pack" > wrote in message
> Agenda for a New America
> Part One
> The Politics of Vegetarianism
> By Vasu Murti
> Chapter 20 - Conclusion and Bibliography

<Drivel snipped>

Go post a beef stew recipe on a Vegetarianism newsgroup!

Dimitri

Mark

<RBFG> I like that idea!!! Mark

Dimitri wrote:
> "Fanny Pack" > wrote in message
>
>>Agenda for a New America
>>Part One
>>The Politics of Vegetarianism
>>By Vasu Murti
>>Chapter 20 - Conclusion and Bibliography
>>

> <Drivel snipped>
>
> Go post a beef stew recipe on a Vegetarianism newsgroup!
>
> Dimitri

The 10th Annual Schaller State Fair Ribbon Report - The Queen is Dead! Long live the Queen! - But Life Ain't Bad (Long) Melba's Jammin' Preserving 16 01-09-2005 06:33 PM
The 10th Annual Schaller State Fair Ribbon Report - The Queen is Dead! Long live the Queen! - But Life Ain't Bad (Long) Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 50 28-08-2005 02:07 AM
How long does it last? Ruddell General Cooking 13 25-04-2005 06:28 AM
How long at the bar? Musashi Sushi 63 12-11-2004 10:04 PM
Maybe I should say "So long" frohe Barbecue 45 23-05-2004 06:37 AM