Old 21-10-2003, 02:08 PM
Steven T King

Default Roasted Red Peppers?

Anyone using their rig to make roasted red peppers? Seems a shame to use the
oven. What are you using to (brine, etc) to store them in?

TIA for the info.

STK

Old 21-10-2003, 08:18 PM
Jack Schidt®

"Steven T King" wrote in message
Anyone using their rig to make roasted red peppers? Seems a shame to use

the
oven. What are you using to (brine, etc) to store them in?

TIA for the info.

STK

I roast em on my Kamado and usually make as many as I need at the time, or
for the week. If I were to do a lot of em I'd freeze the leftover in
foodsaver bags. They're really easy to peel once thawed.

Jack

Old 21-10-2003, 10:49 PM
Thomas Mooney

Steven T King wrote in message
Anyone using their rig to make roasted red peppers? Seems a shame to use

the
oven. What are you using to (brine, etc) to store them in?

TIA for the info.

STK

The last time I made them I used the technique I saw in the movie "Tortilla
Soup"; just placed them right on top of the hot coals. It took some careful
monitoring and some well-timed flipping, but they came out great.

For those interested in such things, "Tortilla Soup" is a terrific "food
movie".

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Old 22-10-2003, 06:38 PM
Thomas Mooney

Aria wrote in message
news[email protected]
Do they taste that much different than the ones in a jar??

Can't say that I've ever had roasted red peppers from a jar.

Old 23-10-2003, 11:52 PM
Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:38:53 -0500, "Thomas Mooney"
wrote:

Aria wrote in message
news[email protected]
Do they taste that much different than the ones in a jar??

Can't say that I've ever had roasted red peppers from a jar.

They are not bad. We get them at our Italian grocery stores when we
can't roast our own. The home made ones have a smoky flavour and a
much better texture.

Harry