Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Roasted red peppers

Just re-opened a jar of 'em from the fridge, and it fizzed like a soda
(a little exaggeration there) - is this indicative of spoilage? They
look and smell fine...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Shanghai McCoy" > wrote in message
> Just re-opened a jar of 'em from the fridge, and it fizzed like a soda (a
> little exaggeration there) - is this indicative of spoilage? They look and
> smell fine...

I think it indicates fermenting. Not sure if that constitutes spoilage.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Shanghai McCoy" > wrote in message
> Just re-opened a jar of 'em from the fridge, and it fizzed like a soda (a
> little exaggeration there) - is this indicative of spoilage? They look and
> smell fine...

Anything that gasses when I open it get tossed out and I wash my hands and
everything nearby.

Except for my homebrew.

Tom

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Shanghai McCoy wrote:
> Just re-opened a jar of 'em from the fridge, and it fizzed like a soda
> (a little exaggeration there) - is this indicative of spoilage? They
> look and smell fine...

That was fermentation. Throw them away. Without tasting.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tom Biasi wrote:
> "Shanghai McCoy" > wrote in message
>> Just re-opened a jar of 'em from the fridge, and it fizzed like a soda (a
>> little exaggeration there) - is this indicative of spoilage? They look and
>> smell fine...

> Anything that gasses when I open it get tossed out and I wash my hands and
> everything nearby.
>
> Except for my homebrew.
>
> Tom

Same goes for my homebrew. I have 6 gallons each of Northern Brown Ale
and mead in secondary now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Shanghai McCoy" > wrote:

> Same goes for my homebrew. I have 6 gallons each of Northern Brown Ale and
> mead in secondary now.

Mmm.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Shanghai McCoy" > wrote in message
> Just re-opened a jar of 'em from the fridge, and it fizzed like a soda (a
> little exaggeration there) - is this indicative of spoilage? They look and
> smell fine...

That's spoiled, don't mess with it, throw it away. Doesn't the jar say
something like refrigerate after opening and use within 10 days or something
like that? All the jars I've had said that.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Shanghai McCoy" > wrote in message
> Tom Biasi wrote:
>> "Shanghai McCoy" > wrote in message
>>> Just re-opened a jar of 'em from the fridge, and it fizzed like a soda
>>> (a little exaggeration there) - is this indicative of spoilage? They
>>> look and smell fine...

>> Anything that gasses when I open it get tossed out and I wash my hands
>> and everything nearby.
>>
>> Except for my homebrew.
>>
>> Tom

> Same goes for my homebrew. I have 6 gallons each of Northern Brown Ale and
> mead in secondary now.

I don't see you on RCB.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message
news

> "Shanghai McCoy" > wrote in message
>> Just re-opened a jar of 'em from the fridge, and it fizzed like a soda (a
>> little exaggeration there) - is this indicative of spoilage? They look
>> and smell fine...

> I think it indicates fermenting. Not sure if that constitutes spoilage.

But you don't know what made it ferment.
Could be bad.

Tom

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tom Biasi wrote:
> "Shanghai McCoy" > wrote in message
>> Tom Biasi wrote:
>>> Anything that gasses when I open it get tossed out and I wash my hands
>>> and everything nearby.
>>>
>>> Except for my homebrew.
>>>
>>> Tom

>> Same goes for my homebrew. I have 6 gallons each of Northern Brown Ale and
>> mead in secondary now.

> I don't see you on RCB.

I haven't posted on RCB in quite a while, but I'm still there....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I agree toss them! they probably aren't very good

--
YellowSubmarine

Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Shanghai McCoy > wrote:

> Just re-opened a jar of 'em from the fridge, and it fizzed like a soda
> (a little exaggeration there) - is this indicative of spoilage? They
> look and smell fine...

Is it worth the risk, or the ER co-pay if you survive?

If in doubt. toss it out.
I know from personal (negative) experience that something that has gone
"off" might not smell or taste bad!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:50:35 -0400, Tom Biasi wrote:

> Anything that gasses when I open it get tossed out and I wash my hands and
> everything nearby.
>
> Except for my homebrew.

And kimchi

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Shanghai McCoy" > wrote in message
> Just re-opened a jar of 'em from the fridge, and it fizzed like a soda (a
> little exaggeration there) - is this indicative of spoilage? They look and
> smell fine...

They are cheap enough to toss them out and buy a new jar.