FoodBanter.com

-   -   Roasted Red Peppers? (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/19116-roasted-red-peppers.html)

Steven T King 21-10-2003 02:08 PM

Roasted Red Peppers?

Anyone using their rig to make roasted red peppers? Seems a shame to use the
oven. What are you using to (brine, etc) to store them in?

TIA for the info.

STK

Jack Schidt® 21-10-2003 08:18 PM

Roasted Red Peppers?

"Steven T King" > wrote in message
> Anyone using their rig to make roasted red peppers? Seems a shame to use

the
> oven. What are you using to (brine, etc) to store them in?
>
> TIA for the info.
>
> STK

I roast em on my Kamado and usually make as many as I need at the time, or
for the week. If I were to do a lot of em I'd freeze the leftover in
foodsaver bags. They're really easy to peel once thawed.

Jack

Thomas Mooney 21-10-2003 10:49 PM

Roasted Red Peppers?

Steven T King > wrote in message
> Anyone using their rig to make roasted red peppers? Seems a shame to use

the
> oven. What are you using to (brine, etc) to store them in?
>
> TIA for the info.
>
> STK

The last time I made them I used the technique I saw in the movie "Tortilla
Soup"; just placed them right on top of the hot coals. It took some careful
monitoring and some well-timed flipping, but they came out great.

For those interested in such things, "Tortilla Soup" is a terrific "food
movie".

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Aria 22-10-2003 06:06 PM

Roasted Red Peppers?

Do they taste that much different than the ones in a jar??

Thomas Mooney 22-10-2003 06:38 PM

Roasted Red Peppers?

Aria > wrote in message
> Do they taste that much different than the ones in a jar??

Can't say that I've ever had roasted red peppers from a jar.

Harry Demidavicius 23-10-2003 11:52 PM

Roasted Red Peppers?

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:38:53 -0500, "Thomas Mooney"
> wrote:

>Aria > wrote in message
>> Do they taste that much different than the ones in a jar??
>>

>Can't say that I've ever had roasted red peppers from a jar.

They are not bad. We get them at our Italian grocery stores when we
can't roast our own. The home made ones have a smoky flavour and a
much better texture.

Harry