Steven T King

Default Roasted Red Peppers?

Anyone using their rig to make roasted red peppers? Seems a shame to use the
oven. What are you using to (brine, etc) to store them in?

TIA for the info.

STK

Jack Schidt®

"Steven T King" > wrote in message
> Anyone using their rig to make roasted red peppers? Seems a shame to use

the
> oven. What are you using to (brine, etc) to store them in?
>
> TIA for the info.
>
> STK

I roast em on my Kamado and usually make as many as I need at the time, or
for the week. If I were to do a lot of em I'd freeze the leftover in
foodsaver bags. They're really easy to peel once thawed.

Jack

Thomas Mooney

Steven T King > wrote in message
> Anyone using their rig to make roasted red peppers? Seems a shame to use

the
> oven. What are you using to (brine, etc) to store them in?
>
> TIA for the info.
>
> STK

The last time I made them I used the technique I saw in the movie "Tortilla
Soup"; just placed them right on top of the hot coals. It took some careful
monitoring and some well-timed flipping, but they came out great.

For those interested in such things, "Tortilla Soup" is a terrific "food
movie".

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Aria

Do they taste that much different than the ones in a jar??

"Thomas Mooney" > wrote in message
> Steven T King > wrote in message
> > Anyone using their rig to make roasted red peppers? Seems a shame to use

> the
> > oven. What are you using to (brine, etc) to store them in?
> >
> > TIA for the info.
> >
> > STK
> >

> The last time I made them I used the technique I saw in the movie

"Tortilla
> Soup"; just placed them right on top of the hot coals. It took some

careful
> monitoring and some well-timed flipping, but they came out great.
>
> For those interested in such things, "Tortilla Soup" is a terrific "food
> movie".
>
> --
> TFM3
>
> Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Thomas Mooney

Aria > wrote in message
newsIylb.72536$vj2.4576@fed1read06...
> Do they taste that much different than the ones in a jar??

Can't say that I've ever had roasted red peppers from a jar.

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:38:53 -0500, "Thomas Mooney"
> wrote:

>Aria > wrote in message
>newsIylb.72536$vj2.4576@fed1read06...
>> Do they taste that much different than the ones in a jar??
>>

>Can't say that I've ever had roasted red peppers from a jar.

They are not bad. We get them at our Italian grocery stores when we
can't roast our own. The home made ones have a smoky flavour and a
much better texture.

Harry