Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default the primal question

The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to the
water used to boil ribs?
--
Nonny

Nonnymus
I'm not who you think I am. I'm not who
I think I am. I am what I think you think I am.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonnymus > wrote:

> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to the
> water used to boil ribs?

I've already killed the real one, now it's time for all the rest.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonnymus wrote:
> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to the
> water used to boil ribs?

Yuk!

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonnymus wrote:
> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to
> the water used to boil ribs?

I suppose it all boils down to the region of the country one is in.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nonnymus" > wrote in message
> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to the
> water used to boil ribs?
> --
> Nonny

I like double smoked ribs. I put some in the water to boil, then I put
another coat on them before putting them in the oven to finish barbecuing
them.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonnymus wrote:
> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to the
> water used to boil ribs?

only if it's been priorly distilled. ;-)

Moosie??

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jul 30, 11:01*pm, Nonnymus > wrote:
> The question still remains: * should a good chef add liquid smoke to the
> water used to boil ribs?
> --
> Nonny
>
> Nonnymus
> I'm not who you think I am. *I'm not who
> I think I am. *I am what I think you think I am.

Correctly if I'm wrong but I believe that the C in Chef should always
be capitalized as a sign of respect.

Cam
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Cam wrote:
> On Jul 30, 11:01 pm, Nonnymus > wrote:
>> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to the
>> water used to boil ribs?
>> --
>> Nonny
>>
>> Nonnymus
>> I'm not who you think I am. I'm not who
>> I think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

> Correctly if I'm wrong but I believe that the C in Chef should always
> be capitalized as a sign of respect.
>
> Cam

only when referring to a person, not a profession
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonnymus > wrote in
:

> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to
> the water used to boil ribs?

No - you should wait until you pull the ribs out of the boiler and put
them in the crock pot with your ketchup and worcestershire sauce. THEN
add the liquid smoke.

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in
:

> "Nonnymus" > wrote in message
>> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to
>> the water used to boil ribs?
>> --

> I like double smoked ribs. I put some in the water to boil, then I
> put another coat on them before putting them in the oven to finish
> barbecuing them.

If you really want authentic BBQ, get to know the local McDonald's
manager and buy the McRibs out of the freezer. Now THAT is real
authentic BBQ!

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Barry Bean wrote:
> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "Nonnymus" > wrote in message
>>> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to
>>> the water used to boil ribs?
>>> --

>> I like double smoked ribs. I put some in the water to boil, then I
>> put another coat on them before putting them in the oven to finish
>> barbecuing them.

> If you really want authentic BBQ, get to know the local McDonald's
> manager and buy the McRibs out of the freezer. Now THAT is real
> authentic BBQ!

I was waiting for someone to bring up the McRib! LOL.

kili

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nonnymus" > wrote in message
> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to the
> water used to boil ribs?
> --
> Nonny
>
> Nonnymus
> I'm not who you think I am. I'm not who
> I think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Why the F**K not? If you're going to boil then how about some bbq sauce
too?

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Cam" > wrote in message
On Jul 30, 11:01 pm, Nonnymus > wrote:
> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to the
> water used to boil ribs?
> --
> Nonny
>
> Nonnymus
> I'm not who you think I am. I'm not who
> I think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Correctly if I'm wrong but I believe that the C in Chef should always
be capitalized as a sign of respect.
______________________________________

It doesn't get capitalized unless it's part of a proper name, such as Chef
Juke who happens to be a darn good chef. Not even a president (yes, of the
United States) gets that honor. Kings can demand it though.

:-)

-John O

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Barry Bean" > wrote in message
.18...
> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "Nonnymus" > wrote in message
>>> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to
>>> the water used to boil ribs?
>>> --

>> I like double smoked ribs. I put some in the water to boil, then I
>> put another coat on them before putting them in the oven to finish
>> barbecuing them.

> If you really want authentic BBQ, get to know the local McDonald's
> manager and buy the McRibs out of the freezer. Now THAT is real
> authentic BBQ!

But, what about the prep? They throw them on the grill frozen and sear the
flat side. Flip after a few minutes and go some more. Then, and only then,
drop them in a steam tray filled with that special bbq sauce for a few
hours. Mmmmm, that's slow cookin.

John O

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Cam > wrote in news:79ed684a-8c8f-4328-b8ff-
:

> Correctly if I'm wrong but I believe that the C in Chef should always
> be capitalized as a sign of respect.

Not if they're boiling ribs and using liquid smoke.

--
Tommy Lee

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nonnymus" > wrote in message
> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to the
> water used to boil ribs?

A good chef would lay down and die before boiling ribs.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dirty Harry wrote:
> "Nonnymus" > wrote in message
>> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to
>> the water used to boil ribs?

> A good chef would lay down and die before boiling ribs.

Not prior to the first course serving of tongue-in-cheek.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article <HHmlk.158374$gc5.8004@pd7urf2no>, Dirty Harry says...

>"Nonnymus" > wrote in message
>> The question still remains: should a good chef add liquid smoke to the
>> water used to boil ribs?

>A good chef would lay down and die before boiling ribs.

I put a pork butt in the smoker yesterday morning for the Sunday dinner. Later I
had to make a run to the store to get the rest of the meal. There was a guy in
the aisle saying he had to get home to start boiling his beef ribs. Gack!

I had also invited one of my friends over for dinner that swears he eats George
Foreman grilled chicken breasts and salad all the time. After he had about 4
helpings of sliced pork shoulder and a doggie bag to take home--there weren't
any leftovers.

He complains about his neighbors grilling all the time--but he sure seemed to
enjoy what I served him.

Mark

Salmon Patties Paleo/Primal Friendly koko General Cooking 98 13-01-2016 07:26 PM
Primal Moussaka Todd Diabetic 3 27-05-2014 02:34 PM
Do you poo poo a Paleo/Primal way of eating? ImStillMags General Cooking 0 19-02-2014 08:16 PM
Primal diet, where it goes wrong A Moose in Love General Cooking 38 20-11-2011 11:59 PM
REC: Primal Moussaka ImStillMags General Cooking 7 06-11-2011 08:59 AM