Old 24-10-2007, 05:58 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Gas Grill Problem

I have a Charbroil gas grill that I usually add wood chips wrapped in
foil or smoke things in my lil chief before grilling and get decent
results usually.

Recently the grill has been exhibiting some problems like the flames
seeming to be bigger or whispier than they should be, the smell of
unburnt gas(I think) and a fine soot.

Is my burner manifold shot or is there something else wrong that could
cause these problems?

Thanks,
Matt Mika

Old 24-10-2007, 09:00 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

MattMika wrote in
:

I have a Charbroil gas grill that I usually add wood chips wrapped in
foil or smoke things in my lil chief before grilling and get decent
results usually.

Recently the grill has been exhibiting some problems like the flames
seeming to be bigger or whispier than they should be, the smell of
unburnt gas(I think) and a fine soot.

Is my burner manifold shot or is there something else wrong that could
cause these problems?

Thanks,
Matt Mika

Check for bugs, spiders or spider webs in your manifold. They get in
there and block the gas flow to the burners so you get a bad gas to air
mixture.

Old 25-10-2007, 03:09 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 24-Oct-2007, Dusty wrote:

MattMika wrote in
:

I have a Charbroil gas grill that I usually add wood chips wrapped in
foil or smoke things in my lil chief before grilling and get decent
results usually.

Recently the grill has been exhibiting some problems like the flames
seeming to be bigger or whispier than they should be, the smell of
unburnt gas(I think) and a fine soot.

Is my burner manifold shot or is there something else wrong that could
cause these problems?

Thanks,
Matt Mika

Check for bugs, spiders or spider webs in your manifold. They get in
there and block the gas flow to the burners so you get a bad gas to air
mixture.

Yup, all the signs of a blocked fuel/air mixer. Simple enough to clean it
out and you'll be back in business.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)