Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Weber gas grill q300 Problem

I have recently bought a new the Weber Q300 gas grill. I have used it
for about 1 month till a very annoying problem has occurred. The grill
container (body) has somehow expanded its shape for about few
millimeters which cause the grill surface to often loose grip and fall
into the grill container. I have reported this problem to Weber USA
which referred me to the local representative in my country Israel.
The representative in Israel has turned the problem back to USA which
for some odd reason refuses to take care of it. I would expected that
for 800$ grill I would get more attention from a grill firm that put
itself in the "first line for grills in the world". I recently heard
about another customer which his grill suffers from the same problem.
Till now no solution from the Weber guys and it has been 5 MONTH since
I have reported the problem SO BE AWARE OF WEBER SERVICE AND
ESPACIALLY THE WEBER Q300 !!!!!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:
> I have recently bought a new the Weber Q300 gas grill. I have used it
> for about 1 month till a very annoying problem has occurred. The grill
> container (body) has somehow expanded its shape for about few
> millimeters which cause the grill surface to often loose grip and fall
> into the grill container. I have reported this problem to Weber USA
> which referred me to the local representative in my country Israel.
> The representative in Israel has turned the problem back to USA which
> for some odd reason refuses to take care of it. I would expected that
> for 800$ grill I would get more attention from a grill firm that put
> itself in the "first line for grills in the world". I recently heard
> about another customer which his grill suffers from the same problem.
> Till now no solution from the Weber guys and it has been 5 MONTH since
> I have reported the problem SO BE AWARE OF WEBER SERVICE AND
> ESPACIALLY THE WEBER Q300 !!!!!

Ya know, I give weber the benefit of the doubt. Who knows what the real
story is. Your complaint doesn't even make sense: expansion of the grill
body by a few millimenters making the grill fall out. The resting shelves
are deep and would require much more than a few millimeters of distortion
for the grills to not seat properly.

As far as I'm concerned you could have banged up the grill moving it or
assembling it; who knows? Weber service for me has exceeded my
expectations, and they have always treated me fair. And I've heard my same
expeience echoed time and again by others.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:31:04 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
> wrote:
>
>> Weber service for me has exceeded my
>> expectations, and they have always treated me fair. And I've heard
>> my same expeience echoed time and again by others.

> But Dave--you're not in Israel. Whatever the exact problem the OP's
> having, the 'see the locals'--'no, see the US folks' approach leaves
> something to be desired. (such as happy Israeli customers...)

That's why I'm really suspicious, Denny. The local service may see something
very suspicious about the condition of the Weber which puts the Weber
outside of warranty coverage. That would be a reason it would be referred to
the factory. The OP's description of the problem hits me as fishy.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Abe" > wrote in message

> I agree. Weber has always given me first rate service.

Never a single problem getting a replacement part. <

They do refuse to admit a problem with a product. I purchased
their high dollar cover for my silver B (the one with the web vents
front and back) and it leaks like a sieve when it rains. I did fix the
problem though, I cover the grill with an old shower curtain before
I put on my Weber grill cover (ain't dat cute).
They deny there is a problem, say their engineers (like to know
where they got their degrees) included the vents to keep out
moisture.
It's not just me that has complained about the leakage, several
others have mentioned the problem in Amazon's product review's.
Weber's attitude is "it's yours, live with it".
Guess I should be thankful it's the cover and not the grill that is the
problem but I won't purchase another Weber product due to their
attitude on the cover situation. RM~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
tom tom is offline

Rob Mills wrote:
> "Abe" > wrote in message
>
>> I agree. Weber has always given me first rate service.

> Never a single problem getting a replacement part. <
>
> They do refuse to admit a problem with a product. I purchased
> their high dollar cover for my silver B (the one with the web vents
> front and back) and it leaks like a sieve when it rains. I did fix the
> problem though, I cover the grill with an old shower curtain before
> I put on my Weber grill cover (ain't dat cute).
> They deny there is a problem, say their engineers (like to know
> where they got their degrees) included the vents to keep out
> moisture.
> It's not just me that has complained about the leakage, several
> others have mentioned the problem in Amazon's product review's.
> Weber's attitude is "it's yours, live with it".
> Guess I should be thankful it's the cover and not the grill that is
> the problem but I won't purchase another Weber product due to their
> attitude on the cover situation. RM~

Same problem here. The cover's really useless. Will look for an after market
cover next time without Webers engineering genius.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"tom" > wrote in message
. net...

>>>The cover's really useless.<<<

They work great if you cover the grill with a shower curtain first.

Seriously, what really gets me is that it's been almost two years since
myself and others complained and they are still selling them.

Also, I really hate to admit this but after getting stung on the cover I
stuck my neck out again and purchased the rotisserie ($80) for the B.
It works but the quality is no better (maybe not as good) than the $29
generic rotisserie that Home Depot sells. "Nothing" like I expected for
$80.
I personally think Weber has established their selves a name and
are milking it to death.RM~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Rob Mills wrote:
> "tom" > wrote in message
> . net...

> They work great if you cover the grill with a shower curtain first.
>
> Seriously, what really gets me is that it's been almost two years
> since myself and others complained and they are still selling them.
>
> Also, I really hate to admit this but after getting stung on the
> cover I stuck my neck out again and purchased the rotisserie ($80)
> for the B. It works but the quality is no better (maybe not as good)
> than the $29 generic rotisserie that Home Depot sells. "Nothing" like
> I expected for $80.
> I personally think Weber has established their selves a name and
> are milking it to death.RM~

I disagree. Accessories are one thing, the grills are quite another.

The cover was primarily designed to reduce the accumulation from dust and
dirt on the grill, not to protect from rain. The vents in the cover (which I
own) are a good design. They were not designed to keep the grill dry from
rain but to allow air circulation to reduce moisture from being in constant
contact with the equipment which will occur in high humidity environments,
dew, and condensation from wet ground and snow and ice.

I knew this before I bought the cover. I don't know why anyone would buy a
cover to keep rain out, when it clearly won't.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

>>not to protect from rain. <<

Baloney!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Rob Mills wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>
>>> not to protect from rain. <<

> Baloney!

Salami!

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> The cover was primarily designed to reduce the accumulation from dust and
> dirt on the grill, not to protect from rain. The vents in the cover (which
> I own) are a good design. They were not designed to keep the grill dry
> from rain but to allow air circulation to reduce moisture from being in
> constant contact with the equipment which will occur in high humidity
> environments, dew, and condensation from wet ground and snow and ice.

The cover is designed to prevent moisture from condensation, but yet lets
the rain in? That is a bit contradictory, IMO.

> I knew this before I bought the cover. I don't know why anyone would buy a
> cover to keep rain out, when it clearly won't.

Does it state on the package that it is not a rain deterrent? I'd guess
that many buyers would assume that a cover is a protective device to keep
rain from getting to whatever is under it.

What would most people infer from this stated on the Weber web page:

"Our premium covers will resist even the harshest weather conditions.
Heavy-duty vinyl protects Summit® S-600 series grills. Cover has a fitted
center and long sides. '

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
tom tom is offline

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Rob Mills wrote:
>> "tom" > wrote in message
>> . net...

>> They work great if you cover the grill with a shower curtain first.
>>

>> Seriously, what really gets me is that it's been almost two years
>> since myself and others complained and they are still selling them.
>>
>> Also, I really hate to admit this but after getting stung on the
>> cover I stuck my neck out again and purchased the rotisserie ($80)
>> for the B. It works but the quality is no better (maybe not as good)
>> than the $29 generic rotisserie that Home Depot sells. "Nothing" like
>> I expected for $80.
>> I personally think Weber has established their selves a name and
>> are milking it to death.RM~

> I disagree. Accessories are one thing, the grills are quite another.
>
> The cover was primarily designed to reduce the accumulation from dust
> and dirt on the grill, not to protect from rain. The vents in the
> cover (which I own) are a good design. They were not designed to keep
> the grill dry from rain but to allow air circulation to reduce
> moisture from being in constant contact with the equipment which will
> occur in high humidity environments, dew, and condensation from wet
> ground and snow and ice.
>
> I knew this before I bought the cover. I don't know why anyone would
> buy a cover to keep rain out, when it clearly won't.

I suppose it's OK if your roof leaks as long as it keeps dust and dirt out
of your house? Umbrellas that let the rain through are fine as long as they
keep the sun off you? Your car roof can allow moisture to permeate your car
as long as it keeps the wind from mussing your hair and keeps your dash
board clean? You "logic" escapes me.

I didn't know the cover wouldn't function as implied and wouldn't have
bought it had I known that.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> The cover was primarily designed to reduce the accumulation from
>> dust and dirt on the grill, not to protect from rain. The vents in
>> the cover (which I own) are a good design. They were not designed to
>> keep the grill dry from rain but to allow air circulation to reduce
>> moisture from being in constant contact with the equipment which
>> will occur in high humidity environments, dew, and condensation from
>> wet ground and snow and ice.

> The cover is designed to prevent moisture from condensation, but yet
> lets the rain in? That is a bit contradictory, IMO.

Not when you think about the fact that long-term contact with moisture,
which is what happens with a waterproof covering, is far more damaging then
a an exposure to a small bit of rain which will dry in short order.

>> I knew this before I bought the cover. I don't know why anyone would
>> buy a cover to keep rain out, when it clearly won't.

> Does it state on the package that it is not a rain deterrent? I'd
> guess that many buyers would assume that a cover is a protective
> device to keep rain from getting to whatever is under it.

I don't recall. I bought it over seven years ago. I do remember thinking the
venting wouldn't keep out the rain, though, and finding out why the vents
were in place. I would imagine I either learned it from the package, the
salesman, or from Weber.

> What would most people infer from this stated on the Weber web page:
>
> "Our premium covers will resist even the harshest weather conditions.
> Heavy-duty vinyl protects Summit® S-600 series grills. Cover has a
> fitted center and long sides. '

Probably the same thing I did when I went looking for a weather cover. And
I would imagine that once folks saw the vents, they would be wondering how
in the devil they could prevent some rain from getting in.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tom wrote:
> Dave Bugg wrote:
>> Rob Mills wrote:
>>> "tom" > wrote in message
>>> . net...

>>> They work great if you cover the grill with a shower curtain first.
>>>

>>> Seriously, what really gets me is that it's been almost two years
>>> since myself and others complained and they are still selling them.
>>>
>>> Also, I really hate to admit this but after getting stung on the
>>> cover I stuck my neck out again and purchased the rotisserie ($80)
>>> for the B. It works but the quality is no better (maybe not as good)
>>> than the $29 generic rotisserie that Home Depot sells. "Nothing"
>>> like I expected for $80.
>>> I personally think Weber has established their selves a name and
>>> are milking it to death.RM~

>> I disagree. Accessories are one thing, the grills are quite another.
>>
>> The cover was primarily designed to reduce the accumulation from dust
>> and dirt on the grill, not to protect from rain. The vents in the
>> cover (which I own) are a good design. They were not designed to keep
>> the grill dry from rain but to allow air circulation to reduce
>> moisture from being in constant contact with the equipment which will
>> occur in high humidity environments, dew, and condensation from wet
>> ground and snow and ice.
>>
>> I knew this before I bought the cover. I don't know why anyone would
>> buy a cover to keep rain out, when it clearly won't.

> I suppose it's OK if your roof leaks as long as it keeps dust and
> dirt out of your house? Umbrellas that let the rain through are fine
> as long as they keep the sun off you? Your car roof can allow
> moisture to permeate your car as long as it keeps the wind from
> mussing your hair and keeps your dash board clean? You "logic"
> escapes me.

A complete non-sequitor which completely missed the point of what I posted.

> I didn't know the cover wouldn't function as implied and wouldn't have
> bought it had I known that.

You saw the vents and still thought the cover was rainproof? When you saw
that, why didn't you return the cover?

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:59:30 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>Denny Wheeler wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:31:04 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Weber service for me has exceeded my
>>> expectations, and they have always treated me fair. And I've heard
>>> my same expeience echoed time and again by others.

>> But Dave--you're not in Israel. Whatever the exact problem the OP's
>> having, the 'see the locals'--'no, see the US folks' approach leaves
>> something to be desired. (such as happy Israeli customers...)

>That's why I'm really suspicious, Denny. The local service may see something
>very suspicious about the condition of the Weber which puts the Weber
>outside of warranty coverage. That would be a reason it would be referred to
>the factory. The OP's description of the problem hits me as fishy.

I have no comments on the covers, except that I used a WSM cover on my
K3 until I had Johnnyboy make me up for both of my Ks. The WSM cover
worked well, except it didn't fit . . . . eh.

As to the 'swelling' of the box - this is a real problem when the
wrong venturi is installed. That is - an LPG venturi on a Nat Gas fed
cooker. This allows the temps to go much higher than the box was
designed to take [about 550F max] - Yes Ed, and others who have the
High -en thick-walled cookers - I know you guys can go higher.

It takes about 3 months of steady use for the box to distort. I had
this problem occur on a Broilmaster some 15-16 years ago.

The proper fix - get a new box; change the venturi: the cheaper fix -
squeeze the box back to 'true' ; change the venturi to be compatible
with the fuel. Local gas guy can take care of it.

Not going to comment on the local dealership story, but have learned
that Weber have some strict policies with regard to their dealers
world wide. Example: If you were visiting Canada & decided to buy a
Weber Cooker & then the stuck it on a plane to your home in Japan,
then your Weber warranty might be endangered. If you bought your
Weber in Japan, you should be good to go.

One does not often hear of servicing problems with Cookers bought from
the reputable companies 'out there'.

Harry
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Just to inform you all, few weeks ago the Israeli Weber representative came
to my apartment and replaced the Q300 grill tube by a new one - Thanks’
guys.

(Though it is peaty I had to wait that long….)

And Dave … No I have not banged up the grill nor during assembly, and not
later, it just expanded, I really do not know why… to tell you the truth I
am some what offended by this suggestions … Anyhow if you really
interested I took some pictures of the expanded grill (which I had
attached with my first notice to Weber USA back in February 17, 2007) and
would be more then happy to share it with you. …

Thank's

Oron.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
outcooking.com>,
"oron" > wrote:

> Just to inform you all, few weeks ago the Israeli Weber representative came
> to my apartment and replaced the Q300 grill tube by a new one - Thanks’
> guys.
>
> (Though it is peaty I had to wait that long….)
>
> And Dave … No I have not banged up the grill nor during assembly, and not
> later, it just expanded, I really do not know why… to tell you the truth I
> am some what offended by this suggestions … Anyhow if you really
> interested I took some pictures of the expanded grill (which I had
> attached with my first notice to Weber USA back in February 17, 2007) and
> would be more then happy to share it with you. …
>
> Thank's
>
> Oron.

Gas grills are for pussies.

Smoke in Weber Q300 NEL Barbecue 0 20-09-2006 02:25 AM
Weber Grill? OmManiPadmeOmelet General Cooking 145 17-08-2006 09:44 PM
Problem with Weber Silver Jason Nash Barbecue 7 09-06-2006 03:52 AM
Problem with Weber Grill Tom Royer Cooking Equipment 16 17-07-2005 09:20 PM