Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Marinade for Lamb Loin Chops

I've been stocking up on these when they're marked down at Giant
Eagle, and am going to grill them this weekend on my Char-Griller over
lump. I'm looking for a marinade for them- one that will compliment
them w/o over-powering the "lamb" taste. Any suggestions would be
appreciated. Also, what type of wood/ wood chips should I use with
lamb?

Thanks for the help!

JimnGin

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"JimnGin" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I've been stocking up on these when they're marked down at Giant
> Eagle, and am going to grill them this weekend on my Char-Griller over
> lump. I'm looking for a marinade for them- one that will compliment
> them w/o over-powering the "lamb" taste. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated. Also, what type of wood/ wood chips should I use with
> lamb?

I just use olive oil, garlic, rosemary. Traditional, simple, tastes very
good. I use whatever wood happens to be available that day.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 22, 9:30 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "JimnGin" > wrote in message

> I just use olive oil, garlic, rosemary. Traditional, simple, tastes very
> good. I use whatever wood happens to be available that day.

Thanks, Ed- I appreciate the suggestion. Unfortunately, it doesn't
look like the weather is going to cooperate this weekend. We've had
flood warnings today through tomorrow. However, once the weather
stabilizes, I'll try your suggestion. When I do the lamb chops inside,
I do them in a cast iron skillet w/ olive oil, rosemary, thyme, and
garlic.