Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Weber S-450

Put some pics in A.B.F

1. Ordered from Home Depot Feb 28, delivered March 5
2. No damage. Well packed. Plastic forklift skid helps.
3. Easy assembly
4. All stainless parts are covered with stick-on plastic. If you get a
stainless grill you are advised to wash it thoroughly with hot soapy
water after removing the plastic. The glue leaves a film which can
turn black when the grill is heated.
5. After washing I discovered that the thermometer is going to be a
water holder. I loosened it enough to get a towel behind it. It's held
on with a simple wingnut.
6. The Rotisserie spit has four sets of prongs, two points on each.
They do not overlap, so you can't make a four point prong. Would be
handy to be able to do that. My four-point prongs from the Ducane are
too small to fit the Weber spit, so I'll make do.
7. Remove the warming rack to use the rotisserie. Pretty standard, I
think.
8. If you're thinking of a Weber to avoid Chinese made stuff,
fuhgedaboudit. This one is made in China. Probably universal for
stainless equipment these days.
9. Home Depot had no cover. I ordered cover separately from
weberstuff.com. They also have the grill, but a friend ordered a grill
from them last year and it arrived damaged and he went through hell
trying to get a replacement. Home Depot assured me that would not
happen with them. Local manager gave me his cell phone number and said
call him if there was any problem.
10. Not hooked up yet. Need a brass coupling. First use this weekend.

Raymond

Weber SMS jamiep Barbecue 5 25-12-2011 12:53 PM
Weber SMS MikeandCori Barbecue 5 08-11-2011 04:41 AM
Custom upgrading Weber Q 200 to Weber Q 220 ddennick Barbecue 1 05-01-2010 11:42 PM
If anyone's considering a Weber... Kent Barbecue 6 24-03-2005 05:25 AM
Need to buy a Weber! JaKe Barbecue 15 15-09-2004 09:33 PM