Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Weber Dobro

"tom" > wrote:
> I recently finished a "Dobro" Made from a Weber barbeque. I hand carved
> a maple neck and made the sound well out of bendy board. The top is solid
> spruce and the hardware is all standard dobro that I ordered from
> Stew-Mac. It sounds great and will actually be played by a friend in
> concert next month.

Very pretty, Tom, and a most creative use of a Weber. I'll bet that baby
smokes when ya play Bluegrass on it! Dueling Dobros might be fun, too.

However, it should be pointed out that this is NOT a binaries group!
Please post pics in alt.binaries.food in the future. My 2¢

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

n_cramer wrote:
> nailshooter41 wrote:
>> n_cramer wrote:
>>
>>> However, it should be pointed out that this is NOT a binaries group!
>>> Please post pics in alt.binaries.food in the future. My 2¢

>> No, this is not a binaries group, nor did he post any binaries.
>> SURELY you are not suggesting that you want this group modified so
>> that he cannot post a link to a website.
>>
>> No link posting?
>>
>> Even the worst of the meanest most petty groups see allow that...

> I saw the pic posted on this NG.

Didn't even see the post on cox newsfroups. cox just drops binary
posts to non binary froups.

--
DougW

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 06:13:10 GMT, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 18:50:10 -0600, DougW wrote:
>
>> n_cramer wrote:

>>> I saw the pic posted on this NG.

>> Didn't even see the post on cox newsfroups. cox just drops binary
>> posts to non binary froups.

>All I see is a message from Kevin quoting a poster from some
>other forum.

Close. I quoted a paragraph from a web-based discussion forum at
http://www.mimf.com/archives/homebuilt_resonator.htm and added the
text "Scroll down for a picture of the Dobro-Q," meaning "Go to that
webbage and scroll down."

>As far as I can tell, the OP didn't even post here.

Yup.

>It appears that Kevin tried to add a picture - but I don't think
>he did or would do that.

Nope. Didn't try, wouldn't try. I haven't a clue who Cramer thinks
he's talking to about binaries, or why the subject line of his post
("Weber Dobro") differs from the subject line of my post ("Dobro-Q
from a Weber Kettle").

Most likely has something to do with that imaginary killfile he's so
proud of but which doesn't seem to work very well.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 18:50:10 -0600, DougW wrote:
>
>> n_cramer wrote:

>>> I saw the pic posted on this NG.

>> Didn't even see the post on cox newsfroups. cox just drops binary
>> posts to non binary froups.

> All I see is a message from Kevin quoting a poster from some
> other forum. As far as I can tell, the OP didn't even post here.
> It appears that Kevin tried to add a picture - but I don't think
> he did or would do that.
>
> -sw

OK, here is the way it happened.
Kevin post a message that said he made a Dobro out of a Weber Kettle. Had
a link. When you went to the site there was a picture of a Dobro made from a
Kettle. BUTT Wilson did not build it.
Then along comes a post from Tom with the message saying he made a Dobro
and it had a picture of said Dobro. Then Nick compliments him on his
endeavor and reminds him that this was not a binaries group. Then folks
chastising Nick for the reminder and so on and so on.
To all doubting Thomas' there was a picture
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:07:59 -0500, "Big Jim" >
wrote:

>OK, here is the way it happened.

You should've stopped right there.

> Kevin post a message that said he made a Dobro out of a Weber Kettle.

Wrong.

> Had a link. When you went to the site there was a picture of a Dobro made from a
>Kettle.

Correct on both counts.

> BUTT Wilson did not build it.

Correct -- but then again, I never said I did.

***************
from http://www.mimf.com/archives/homebuilt_resonator.htm

"I recently finished a "Dobro" Made from a Weber barbeque. I hand
carved a maple neck and made the sound well out of bendy board. The
top is solid spruce and the hardware is all standard dobro that I
ordered from Stew-Mac. It sounds great and will actually be played by
a friend in concert next month."
***************

See the word "from," followed by a URL? See the quotation marks?

> Then along comes a post from Tom with the message saying he made a Dobro

The post to which Cramer was responding wasn merely a copy of the
passage I had quoted from the webbage.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" BOB" wrote

OOPS!!!

My news server reassembled the encoding and posted the picture (for those of
us that saw it the first time)

Sorry about that.

BOB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:24:58 GMT, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:08:33 -0500, BOB wrote:
>
>> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote:

>>> from http://www.mimf.com/archives/homebuilt_resonator.htm
>>>
>>> "I recently finished a "Dobro" Made from a Weber barbeque. I hand
>>> carved a maple neck and made the sound well out of bendy board. The
>>> top is solid spruce and the hardware is all standard dobro that I
>>> ordered from Stew-Mac. It sounds great and will actually be played by
>>> a friend in concert next month."
>>> ***************
>>>
>>> See the word "from," followed by a URL? See the quotation marks?

>Outside the quotes you put this:
>
>"Scroll down for a picture of the Dobro-Q."

Yeah, I can see how that might be confusing. I meant, "Go to the
webbage at the end of that URL (pronounced 'Earl') and scroll down to
see a picture of the Dobro-Q."

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Big Jim" > wrote:
> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message

> >> Didn't even see the post on cox newsfroups. cox just drops binary
> >> posts to non binary froups.

> > All I see is a message from Kevin quoting a poster from some
> > other forum. As far as I can tell, the OP didn't even post here.
> > It appears that Kevin tried to add a picture - but I don't think
> > he did or would do that.
> >

> OK, here is the way it happened.
> Kevin post a message that said he made a Dobro out of a Weber Kettle.
> Had a link. When you went to the site there was a picture of a Dobro made
> from a Kettle. BUTT Wilson did not build it.
> Then along comes a post from Tom with the message saying he made a
> Dobro and it had a picture of said Dobro. Then Nick compliments him on
> his endeavor and reminds him that this was not a binaries group. Then
> folks chastising Nick for the reminder and so on and so on.
> To all doubting Thomas' there was a picture

Thanks, Jim. You can cover my back in a barroom brawl anytime! ;-)))

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" BOB" > wrote:
> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:07:59 -0500, "Big Jim" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> OK, here is the way it happened.

> > You should've stopped right there.
> >
> >> Kevin post a message that said he made a Dobro out of a Weber
> >> Kettle.

> Not really. It was almost implied, but he didn't say it.
> >
> > Wrong.
> >
> >> Had a link. When you went to the site there was a picture of a Dobro
> >> made from a Kettle.

> > Correct on both counts.
> >
> >> BUTT Wilson did not build it.

> > Correct -- but then again, I never said I did.

Get a life!

> > from http://www.mimf.com/archives/homebuilt_resonator.htm
> >
> > "I recently finished a "Dobro" Made from a Weber barbeque. I hand
> > carved a maple neck and made the sound well out of bendy board. The
> > top is solid spruce and the hardware is all standard dobro that I
> > ordered from Stew-Mac. It sounds great and will actually be played by
> > a friend in concert next month."
> > ***************
> >
> > See the word "from," followed by a URL? See the quotation marks?
> >
> >> Then along comes a post from Tom with the message saying he made a
> >> Dobro

> > The post to which Cramer was responding wasn merely a copy of the
> > passage I had quoted from the webbage.

BS

> No it wasn't. It had a picture. A binary picture. In a text only
> newsgroup. Binaries *DO* show up on some news servers, some strip them
> out. People that subscribe to news servers that *ONLY* provide text-only
> posts *do* strip them out. Some other news servers do, some don't.
> Mine, Nick's, and Big Jim's obviously didn't since we got the
> picture/binary from "tom".
> but you knew that. ;-)
>
> BOB
> Ps. Here's the text version of "tom's" post, including the headers and
> encoding"
>
> From: "tom" >
> Newsgroups: alt.food.barbecue
> Subject: Weber Dobro
> Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 22:20:51 GMT
>
> I recently finished a "Dobro" Made from a Weber barbeque. I hand carved
> a maple neck and made the sound well out of bendy board. The top is solid
> spruce and the hardware is all standard dobro that I ordered from
> Stew-Mac. It sounds great and will actually be played by a friend in
> concert next month.
>
> begin 666 dobro_q.jpg
> [19150 bytes]

Now, singalong with me: Bob posted a binary! Bob posted a binary!
But he nicked it!

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" BOB" > wrote:
> " BOB" wrote
>
> OOPS!!!
>
> My news server reassembled the encoding and posted the picture (for those
> of us that saw it the first time)
>
> Sorry about that.

Nya! Nya! Nya! You did it on purpose, you dirty rat. ;-D

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

EMOVETHIS wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:00:41 -0700, Kevin S. Wilson >
> wrote:
> > [this attribution snipped by a previous poster]
> >>All I see is a message from Kevin quoting a poster from some
> >>other forum.

> >Close. I quoted a paragraph from a web-based discussion forum at

http://www.mimf.com/archives/homebuilt_resonator.htm and added the
> >text "Scroll down for a picture of the Dobro-Q," meaning "Go to that
> >webbage and scroll down."
> >
> >>As far as I can tell, the OP didn't even post here.

> >Yup.
> >
> >>It appears that Kevin tried to add a picture - but I don't think
> >>he did or would do that.

> >Nope. Didn't try, wouldn't try. I haven't a clue who Cramer thinks
> >he's talking to about binaries, or why the subject line of his post
> >("Weber Dobro") differs from the subject line of my post ("Dobro-Q
> >from a Weber Kettle").
> >
> >Most likely has something to do with that imaginary killfile he's so
> >proud of but which doesn't seem to work very well.

> Ummm.
> (cut'n'paste)
> From: "tom" >
> Newsgroups: alt.food.barbecue
> Subject: Weber Dobro
> Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 22:20:51 GMT
>
> I recently finished a "Dobro" Made from a Weber barbeque. I hand
> carved a maple neck and made the sound well out of bendy board. The
> top is solid spruce and the hardware is all standard dobro that I
> ordered from Stew-Mac.
> It sounds great and will actually be played by a friend in concert
> next month.
>
> I won't insert the binary of dobro_q.jpg, but it was--and is--in the
> post.

I pity KSW. I only read those parts of his posts which are quoted by others
who I haven't killfiled. Kevvie seems to bolster his positions with ad
hominum sleight-of-hand and innuendo or by dredging up antediluvial Google
archives. I wish you peace this holiday season, Kevin.

~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message

> Why, that's mighty white of you.

Racist

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:26:03 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message

>> Why, that's mighty white of you.

>Racist

That's one. What's the limit in this pond?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message

> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:26:03 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:
>
>> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
>>

>>> Why, that's mighty white of you.

>> Racist
>>

> That's one. What's the limit in this pond?

You?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:22:07 -0800, Denny Wheeler
> wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:39:42 -0700, Kevin S. Wilson >
>wrote:
>
>>>Actually, the last week or two, his signal-to-noise ratio (in afb) has
>>>been very high. I'll reply to his on-topic, non-abusive posts--the
>>>others I ignore.

>>Why, that's mighty white of you.

>And you like calling others 'racist.'

Yep. So what could possibly explain me posting something like that?
What reason might there be?

PS: That's two. I really need to find out the bag limit on this pond.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:26:03 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:
>
> >"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
>

> >> Why, that's mighty white of you.

> >Racist
> >

> That's one. What's the limit in this pond?

that is disappointing to hear racist statements from a Pulbic Servant
as yourself. Do you talk that way at work?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"robrjt" > wrote:
> Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> > >Racist
> > >

> > That's one. What's the limit in this pond?

> that is disappointing to hear racist statements from a Pulbic Servant
> as yourself. Do you talk that way at work?

Only when referring to others as racists.

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 16 Dec 2006 13:07:47 -0800, "robrjt" > wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

>> >Racist
>> >

>> That's one. What's the limit in this pond?

>that is disappointing to hear racist statements from a Pulbic Servant
>as yourself. Do you talk that way at work?

Results 1 - 1 of 1 for group:alt.food.barbecue

<yawn>

A sock puppet. How cute.

Weber SMS jamiep Barbecue 5 25-12-2011 12:53 PM
Weber SMS MikeandCori Barbecue 5 08-11-2011 04:41 AM
Custom upgrading Weber Q 200 to Weber Q 220 ddennick Barbecue 1 05-01-2010 11:42 PM
Dobro-Q from a Weber Kettle Kevin S. Wilson Barbecue 1 08-12-2006 10:19 PM
Need to buy a Weber! JaKe Barbecue 15 15-09-2004 09:33 PM